Management of cache not required on Google Pixel, so this is misleading.

KeyOne lags. It's not a bad phone, but it lags worse than any flagship in 2017. Now people will say it's not a flagship bla bla bla. I don't really care. The phone lags way more than my Pixel (year old) or S8.
    Of course cache management is required on the Pixel. Nougat is Nougat.

There's a definitional problem here between "lag" and "speed". Just because some phones are faster, doesn't mean the KEYᵒⁿᵉ lags.
    bitek and FF22 like this.
    09-04-17 08:41 AM
    Management of cache not required on Google Pixel, so this is misleading.

KeyOne lags. It's not a bad phone, but it lags worse than any flagship in 2017. Now people will say it's not a flagship bla bla bla. I don't really care. The phone lags way more than my Pixel (year old) or S8.
    Pixel almost costs 2x as KEYone.
    09-04-17 09:06 AM
    Of course cache management is required on the Pixel. Nougat is Nougat.

There's a definitional problem here between "lag" and "speed". Just because some phones are faster, doesn't mean the KEYᵒⁿᵉ lags.
    Nope.
    09-04-17 09:21 AM
    Pixel almost costs 2x as KEYone.
    On what planet?
    09-04-17 09:22 AM
    On what planet?
    Planet earth obviously.
    09-04-17 09:24 AM
    Planet earth obviously.
    What are you talking about? Pixel new costs $649. Pixel used as low as $450 or less in excellent condition. KeyOne is $549. Please explain to me how Pixel is "almost twice as much"?
    09-04-17 09:26 AM
    What are you talking about? Pixel new costs $649. Pixel used as low as $450 or less in excellent condition. KeyOne is $549. Please explain to me how Pixel is "almost twice as much"?
    In Canada it is $729 vs $899. So it is not double the price but it is almost $200 more expensive or 20% more.
    09-04-17 09:30 AM
    In Canada it is $729 vs $899. So it is not double the price but it is almost $200 more expensive or 20% more.
    Again, what are you talking about? You can't compare the Canadian price of the Pixel to the US price of the KeyOne. You're literally making stuff up.
    09-04-17 09:34 AM
    Again, what are you talking about? You can't compare the Canadian price of the Pixel to the US price of the KeyOne. You're literally making stuff up.
    you do realize that comparing pixel to KEYone is like comparing apples to oranges.

KEYone is phone for niche market because most people will not buy phone like KEYone so blackberry is charging extra for it being different.

Even if pixel had the same price as KEYone I would still buy KEYone.

I am not buying the phone because of the specs, I am buying the phone because overall experience.

I want blackberry keyboard, os and everything that comes with it. I enjoy it and I enjoy the phone that is totally different than what is else on the market and I definitely enjoy the physical keyboard and I am willing to pay extra for it.

So you comparing prices of these two phones make no sense in my opinion.
    09-04-17 09:52 AM
    Well I see a few spec warriors here that are adamant the KEYone is laggy (you know because the number are smaller). Well from personal experience since launch day and yes managing the cache once in a while, I can say I have not experienced lag at all. Not one bit. This is all subjective and its almost like people subconsciously see lag simply because they know the spec numbers. There has been videos posted where the KEYone keeps up and sometimes surpasses the S8.
    Declaring lag automatically simply because you see lower spec figures is absolutely inaccurate. Like I said, many including myself who have used the KEYone for some time do no have any issues. As for the Pixel, yes its a great device but to say no lag at all is also in accurate. A friend of mine hates his due to some apps including his camera app freezing consistently.
    This is android and the whole experience depends on everything else you have on your device. TO declare the lagiest in 2017 is just pure rubbish.
    09-04-17 01:00 PM
    Well I see a few spec warriors here that are adamant the KEYone is laggy (you know because the number are smaller). Well from personal experience since launch day and yes managing the cache once in a while, I can say I have not experienced lag at all. Not one bit. This is all subjective and its almost like people subconsciously see lag simply because they know the spec numbers. There has been videos posted where the KEYone keeps up and sometimes surpasses the S8.
    Declaring lag automatically simply because you see lower spec figures is absolutely inaccurate. Like I said, many including myself who have used the KEYone for some time do no have any issues. As for the Pixel, yes its a great device but to say no lag at all is also in accurate. A friend of mine hates his due to some apps including his camera app freezing consistently.
    This is android and the whole experience depends on everything else you have on your device. TO declare the lagiest in 2017 is just pure rubbish.
    +1
    09-04-17 01:47 PM
    After receiving all the replies & feedbacks, my confusion increased even further. But, one thing is confirmed, there is a lag which everyone is reporting. Managing the cache & freeing up the RAM is one thing, but facing lag even after buying a flagship in 2017 is another thing.

As many of the users suggested, BB should have used better specs to keep the flagship experience intact. I hate to let go BB again, but I would love to see one more device with legendary keyboard & better specs soon.
    To confirm the KeyOne is not a flagship device! Premium and excellently built it most certainly is (bar the screen lift issue initially)
    09-04-17 01:53 PM
    and in my eyes it is stunning to look at. beautifully made
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    09-04-17 01:55 PM
    Both Bla1ze and Mr Mobile stated that the extra 1GB was not noticeable in everyday use.

Android memory management always tries to fill all available ram - unused ram is wasted ram.
    Yeah I keep repeating that and people still have that old BBOS habit of freaking out when RAM fills up.

More RAM will prevent frequent redraw of apps... that's the main benefit.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    09-04-17 02:06 PM
    More RAM will prevent frequent redraw of apps... that's the main benefit.
    An important benefit for those of us who value multitasking.
    09-04-17 05:06 PM
    and in my eyes it is stunning to look at. beautifully made
    No doubt, the best looking phone on the market.
    09-04-17 05:41 PM
    [snip]help me decide if I should choose keyone over the specs which are currently there on my android device?
    Yes. Definitely better.
    09-04-17 05:45 PM
    * write a long facebook post, get an important email, switch to that, start typing email, oh gonna change music too, go back to email, finish email, send email, back to facebook- it's refreshed and all is lot.

That facebook refreshing conundrum also happens with chrome which pisses me off because I have to fill a lot of forms and then it all gets erased because the app refreshes.

You're telling me that 1 extra GB of ram would NOT be purposeful?
    That's not the hardware's fault, it's the developer's. If they write the code so their app refreshes when it's back in focus, there's pretty much nothing anyone can do with one or 50GB of RAM. As noted in the above example, the only thing that was affected by switching in and out was Facebook. Personally I use Samsung's browser which doesn't suffer refreshing when I switch apps.
    09-04-17 06:16 PM
    Constant mention of "clear the cache" and "manage the cache." What specifically does that mean, and how does one do it?
    09-04-17 06:54 PM
    Constant mention of "clear the cache" and "manage the cache." What specifically does that mean, and how does one do it?
    As I mentioned earlier - I clear it once a week or when it gets close to 1GB (whichever comes first).

Settings, storage, internal, cached data.
    09-04-17 07:23 PM
    The lag was bad enough to where I sold it and went with a Samsung 8plus. A shame since I liked the overall phone with keyboard but it ran like a 2014 smartphone
    09-04-17 07:30 PM
    The lag was bad enough to where I sold it and went with a Samsung 8plus. A shame since I liked the overall phone with keyboard but it ran like a 2014 smartphone
    Till 2019 when 2017 phones were rubbish right? Lol. Not sure why you suffered so much lag but many don't.
    09-04-17 07:37 PM
    you do realize that comparing pixel to KEYone is like comparing apples to oranges.

KEYone is phone for niche market because most people will not buy phone like KEYone so blackberry is charging extra for it being different.

Even if pixel had the same price as KEYone I would still buy KEYone.

I am not buying the phone because of the specs, I am buying the phone because overall experience.

I want blackberry keyboard, os and everything that comes with it. I enjoy it and I enjoy the phone that is totally different than what is else on the market and I definitely enjoy the physical keyboard and I am willing to pay extra for it.

So you comparing prices of these two phones make no sense in my opinion.
    Thank you for saying what I was thinking!

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure and utterly satisfying mobile device
    09-04-17 07:45 PM
    Till 2019 when 2017 phones were rubbish right? Lol. Not sure why you suffered so much lag but many don't.
    By than I have another Samsung or LG product and BlackBerry will be a thing of the past by than when it comes to smartphones.
    Proof is in the pudding! BlackBerry is no more and outsourced to third parties who use older technology!
    09-04-17 07:46 PM
    By than I have another Samsung or LG product and BlackBerry will be a thing of the past by than when it comes to smartphones.
    Proof is in the pudding! BlackBerry is no more and outsourced to third parties who use older technology!
    I sense a bit of butt hurt and jadedness. Glad you enjoy your new device and you have no need for BlackBerry. Since the proof was in the pudding as you say, what does that make you for buying a KEYone ?
    09-04-17 07:49 PM
126 12345 ...