You can experience lags at times, but that's no different from any other Android device, especially when you have a ton of services installed like me. Mine has gone quite laggy 2 or 3 times and a reboot entirely brought things back to normal in all cases. I have nearly 2 hundred apps running, including 3 separate WhatsApp accounts, 3 separate calling apps, and several with location services.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-05-17 08:59 AM
    Heck, I just turned off animations. You should search the forum and YouTube for PRIV vs KeyOne, and you will see other's experience with lag and performance. The PRIV has LOTS of lag and poor performance (I have 170+ apps installed), but as per many users coming from the Android PRIV to the KeyOne, it seems to be MUCH better. If you turn on Developer options and remove animations, I gather it should have great performance.
    I completely agree with you. I turned off animations as well. I do not understand why Blackberry does not turn it off by default. Why to bother with it. The phone feels much more responsive without animations.
    09-05-17 10:29 AM
    You can experience lags at times, but that's no different from any other Android device, especially when you have a ton of services installed like me. Mine has gone quite laggy 2 or 3 times and a reboot entirely brought things back to normal in all cases. I have nearly 2 hundred apps running, including 3 separate WhatsApp accounts, 3 separate calling apps, and several with location services.
    Use CC cleaner. You can schedule to clean phone with it. Advertising, folders etc. CC does it for me every morning.
    09-05-17 10:31 AM
    Use CC cleaner. You can schedule to clean phone with it. Advertising, folders etc. CC does it for me every morning.
    What does 'clean' mean to you? These cleaning apps are very recommended to be avoided. The cache must not be removed on a daily basis.
    09-05-17 10:48 AM
    What does 'clean' mean to you? These cleaning apps are very recommended to be avoided. The cache must not be removed on a daily basis.
    Just check it in app store. I use both cc cleaner on pc and now on android. This is reputable developer.
    09-05-17 10:51 AM
    I'm not aware of one but even if there was, I don't think adding another App that would likely require to run in the background probably isn't a great idea when it simple to just go in settings once in a while and clear it.
    While it may be acceptable for most, spending a few minutes every day just to clear cache is not an acceptable solution to me. I would prefer an app or a toggle in the OS to do this in the background. Someone just mentioned CC in this post, any more users/feedback on CC? Is there any other well known app that is available for clearing cache?

Posted via CB10
    09-05-17 10:57 AM
    While it may be acceptable for most, spending a few minutes every day just to clear cache is not an acceptable solution to me. I would prefer an app or a toggle in the OS to do this in the background. Someone just mentioned CC in this post, any more users/feedback on CC? Is there any other well known app that is available for clearing cache?

Posted via CB10
    You do not spend any time. It is done automatically for you when you sleep.
    09-05-17 11:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    1 minute once a week is hardly a hardship. Not worth having a bloated app to do it.
    09-05-17 11:04 AM
    1 minute once a week is hardly a hardship. Not worth having a bloated app to do it.
    Hi, can you please explain how to clear cache? How do you do it? Thanks, Steve
    09-05-17 11:14 AM
    I thought that the frequency of cache cleaning would be a function of how much you use your device and that once a week for one person may be everyday for someone else... maybe I am wrong on this but I don't understand why everyone is against using a dedicated or multifunction utility for this. Do all apps like this have ulterior motives, isn't there a lean paid app that can do just this?

Posted via CB10
    09-05-17 11:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    Its not a daily thing. And yes I get it and I also agree that android should somehow do this on its own. The reality is it doesn't. This isn't an issue with only the KEYone. Most android device if not managed over time will start to lag. I had a friend with a Galaxy S6 which would take about 35 second to open snapchat. The problem is when cache build up (even though its actually a good thing), there is a chance for a corrupt file. Samsung does have an option built in to "clean device' but upon testing it actually doesn't fully clear the cache. Once cache was cleared, all was back to normal.
    The reality is, BlackBerry needs to simply add something to the OS or launcher which advises the user on when it is needed and is a simply a click away. But it is not something that needs to be done daily or even weekly. That's just Conite preference. It does however need to be done to avoid issues and lag. And it does not take a "few minutes" its literally takes less then 20 seconds.
    09-05-17 11:19 AM
    I thought that the frequency of cache cleaning would be a function of how much you use your device and that once a week for one person may be everyday for someone else... maybe I am wrong on this but I don't understand why everyone is against using a dedicated or multifunction utility for this. Do all apps like this have ulterior motives, isn't there a lean paid app that can do just this?

Posted via CB10
    Nobody is against it. If you want to use one go right ahead. All we are saying is if you are trying to control lag, adding an app that takes up processes is not really worth it considering how simple it is to just clear it your self once in a while. The time frame is up to you. Its not set in stone. Just needs to be done on occasion so android can clear any potential corrupt files. Its an Android thing and will happen to any device no matter what the specs are.
    09-05-17 11:25 AM
    There's no denial that the device has a lag. And at times it can get bad.
    I guess over months I got used to it but it doesn't mean the refresh of apps isn't there.

For eg the other day I had a Live Chat session open waiting for my turn in the queue. I just minimised it and checked a message or two. When I returned to the browser it reloaded the page and I not only lost my number in the queue but also the form I filled before it.

I think the extra RAM will be helpful in my case however I don't expect miracles from it since the processor is a mediocre one.
    That's not lag. That's specific code requiring the app to refresh when it comes back to the foreground.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-05-17 03:32 PM
    That's not lag. That's specific code requiring the app to refresh when it comes back to the foreground.
    Good information to know. Many of us on here would not even know that.
    09-05-17 03:33 PM
    No there is lag. Just install Android for Work and you'll see it. I was just giving example of issues with multitasking / productivity.

When I'm logged in to work using AFW, the whole phone slows down. You type and letters appear slowly, the apps open slowly and at times freezes.

Another example is in the phone app. You use it a few times in the day, and you'll see how laggy it gets. At times it starts dialing when you don't want to.

A quick reboot some times helps. I have also tried clearing the cache. Also played around with dev options to make it appear fast.
    Oh yeah, try creating another profile / user. Then see how the secondary profile behaves.

I had been using the phone since April and been on Android and since HTC Dream, so am pretty sure what lag is.
    09-05-17 03:51 PM
    Just check it in app store. I use both cc cleaner on pc and now on android. This is reputable developer.
    It's not that Ccleaner is a bad app or the developer shady. The cache is there to lessen the load on the system. The OS and apps store everything that's being drawn and downloaded to use in apps there so it doesn't have to repeatedly redraw and re-download content that gets reused. If the cache gets too large or has corrupted data, then it's a good time to delete it so it can refresh the content. My own rule of thumb is as long as the cache stays under 4GB and there's no problems I leave it alone.
    09-05-17 03:53 PM
    No there is lag. Just install Android for Work and you'll see it. I was just giving example of issues with multitasking / productivity.

When I'm logged in to work using AFW, the whole phone slows down. You type and letters appear slowly, the apps open slowly and at times freezes.

Another example is in the phone app. You use it a few times in the day, and you'll see how laggy it gets. At times it starts dialing when you don't want to.

A quick reboot some times helps. I have also tried clearing the cache. Also played around with dev options to make it appear fast.
    Oh yeah, try creating another profile / user. Then see how the secondary profile behaves.

I had been using the phone since April and been on Android and since HTC Dream, so am pretty sure what lag is.
    Having to wait for the keyboard is lag, yes. Losing content in unfocused apps is not, developers need to add that code. Otherwise things like the clipboard wouldn't work.

And sadly, there will be no Android for work, as our new and super dooper smart CFO has decided our company no longer needs phones or even real computers.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-05-17 04:03 PM
    Having to wait for the keyboard is lag, yes. Losing content in unfocused apps is not, developers need to add that code. Otherwise things like the clipboard wouldn't work.

And sadly, there will be no Android for work, as our new and super dooper smart CFO has decided our company no longer needs phones or even real computers.
    Lol. I wish our CFO was that smart too.
    So I would be technology free!!
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    09-05-17 04:13 PM
    Do you clear the cache in Dev or through an app?
    Thanks
    09-05-17 05:24 PM
    Do you clear the cache in Dev or through an app?
    Thanks
    Settings > storage and usb > internal storage> cached data (click on it and option will pop up to clear).
    09-05-17 05:54 PM
    Merci!
    09-05-17 06:48 PM
    pixel got Oreo last week, buttery smooth. It has 4gb of ram pretty much never lags and I never have to clear the cache even running Hub+/bbry suite.

Oreo is supposed to be faster and more efficient. So hopefully our yet to be updated CDMA K1's will get a real benefit as I imagine the GSM will too.
    09-05-17 07:35 PM
    I did have occasion lag , then I turned on Developer options , ( as advised on here by Conite I think )
    Empty Cache once a week , no lag at all ...
    How is that done? Could you link to where Conite showed it? Thanks

Posted With My Passport

EDIT: Found it out. Thanks
    09-07-17 12:30 PM
    How is that done? Could you link to where Conite showed it? Thanks

Posted With My Passport

EDIT: Found it out. Thanks
    There is no option like that in developer options. You get developer options by pressing about this phone 10x

I use CC cleaner to clean cash. It does it automatically for me in the morning
    09-07-17 08:02 PM
    It's not that Ccleaner is a bad app or the developer shady. The cache is there to lessen the load on the system. The OS and apps store everything that's being drawn and downloaded to use in apps there so it doesn't have to repeatedly redraw and re-download content that gets reused. If the cache gets too large or has corrupted data, then it's a good time to delete it so it can refresh the content. My own rule of thumb is as long as the cache stays under 4GB and there's no problems I leave it alone.
    CC cleaner does not clean everything. Anyways it seems to work for me. The is fast and I do not experience any lag or any major performance issues. The phone just work beautifully for me.
    I am very with KEYone. It is a major step up from BlackBerry PRIV. I am not sure if it hardware or Android 7.1.1 or something else but I know that keyone works much better. I special edition will be even more battery smooth.
    09-07-17 08:07 PM
126 ... 3456