there is definitely lag with the keyone but usually it is a particular offending app that most flagship phones can kind of power past the crappy code or poorly written apps. Unfortunately this includes some core bbry apps like contacts which lags on launch but eventually will behave after slowly syncing up.
    09-03-17 08:46 PM
    I've had my K1 since late May. On a day to basis, I don't have lag with my normal operations of email, text, phone and Web. I just don't experience it. I will notice it occasionally with certain Web sites or different apps but it's not like it's painful. I'm an impatient person so if it was a real problem, I wouldn't be putting up with it.
    FF22, Aarav_thakur and bitek like this.
    09-03-17 08:59 PM
    There is certainly lag that you experience with the device, but as giga pointed out, if you love BlackBerry you'll overlook it. Plus, I dual carry anyway and love the KEYone as my secondary device.
    09-03-17 09:05 PM
    It's definitely not as quick as my V20 (or the previous flagships I've owned, like the Note 5 and Nexus 6P) when it comes to opening apps, scrolling webpages, or responding to input.

That said, there's not a huge amount of lag, and I do the following to minimize lag:

1. Use Nova Launcher instead of the BlackBerry launcher. (I use Nova or Apex with all my Android devices.)
    2. Disable all BlackBerry apps except DTEK.
    3. Regularly go to the list of open apps and Clear All to free up memory.
    4. Use an app like System Monitor Lite to monitor RAM usage (which seems to be the biggest culprit).

When it comes to benchmarks like Antutu, my V20 scored literally twice as high as the K1, but that's not a big deal if you're not playing 3D games.

A more significant problem is the 3 GB of RAM. When Android starts up, it uses almost 2 GB of RAM without launching any other apps. The means you only have 1 GB of RAM for apps. So while 3 GB (in the K1) vs 4 GB (in the V20) doesn't sound like a huge difference, it means you have twice as much memory available for apps.

As long as you frequently Clear All to close your background apps, this isn't a big deal. And for me, the physical keyboard more than makes up for the small about of lag.

But if speed and responsiveness is your number one criteria, I'd go with one of the Android flagships instead (V30, S8, Note 8, Pixel, etc.).
    09-03-17 09:17 PM
    there is definitely lag with the keyone but usually it is a particular offending app that most flagship phones can kind of power past the crappy code or poorly written apps. Unfortunately this includes some core bbry apps like contacts which lags on launch but eventually will behave after slowly syncing up.
    Haven't experienced this either. Even snapchat which is very poorly coded doesn't show lag for me. Certainly not the contacts App either. Is there something bogging down your device?
    09-03-17 09:19 PM
    I use my Keyone constantly and installed the Snapdragon Battery Guru Apk, which handled any lag.

If you're going to be a master user, you'll want and need the keyboard.
    09-03-17 10:39 PM
    I clear cached data about once a week, or when it reaches close to 1GB - whichever comes first. Then I reboot.
    I follow the same process and never have a lag issue .
    zephyr613 likes this.
    09-03-17 11:09 PM
    Often. Considering note 8. Main thing I love was and is battery life
    09-04-17 01:36 AM
    It's super laggy. My galaxy S5 feels snappy. The problem is with they keyboard you're doing everything so much faster and the software can't keep up.

Stupid thing to put 2 year old specs in a 2017 device.
    09-04-17 02:49 AM
    After receiving all the replies & feedbacks, my confusion increased even further. But, one thing is confirmed, there is a lag which everyone is reporting. Managing the cache & freeing up the RAM is one thing, but facing lag even after buying a flagship in 2017 is another thing.

As many of the users suggested, BB should have used better specs to keep the flagship experience intact. I hate to let go BB again, but I would love to see one more device with legendary keyboard & better specs soon.
    09-04-17 03:10 AM
    It's super laggy. My galaxy S5 feels snappy. The problem is with they keyboard you're doing everything so much faster and the software can't keep up.

It is quite strange that 3gb ram with 801 processor is not keeping up with stock android. Have you tried disabling the BB apps suchs as HUB? How many apps you are using on your device?
    09-04-17 03:12 AM
    I use my Keyone constantly and installed the Snapdragon Battery Guru Apk, which handled any lag.

If you're going to be a master user, you'll want and need the keyboard.
    This app automatically handles everything in the background? How as your experience before using this app?
    09-04-17 03:15 AM
    It is quite strange that 3gb ram with 801 processor is not keeping up with stock android. Have you tried disabling the BB apps suchs as HUB? How many apps you are using on your device?
    I don't get a blackberry for just they keyboard- I get it for the eco system.

I would not disable HUB because it's what I love about blackberry.

I run these apps daily:

instagram, snapchat, facebook lite, reddit, whatsapp, spotify, netflix, android wear, maps + all bb apps

I will always multitask between these apps back and fourth.

Spotify, maps, snapchat are KILLERS and do not allow more than 2 apps running. The rest used in conjuction are somewhat fine with the exception of HUB being a killer sometimes

I shouldn't be having to wait for the app to re open again if I just used with these apps.

My S7 never did this- ever. And I would honestly say it's because of the RAM.
    bitek likes this.
    09-04-17 03:18 AM

That said, there's not a huge amount of lag, and I do the following to minimize lag:

1. Use Nova Launcher instead of the BlackBerry launcher. (I use Nova or Apex with all my Android devices.)
    2. Disable all BlackBerry apps except DTEK.
    3. Regularly go to the list of open apps and Clear All to free up memory.
    4. Use an app like System Monitor Lite to monitor RAM usage (which seems to be the biggest culprit).

When it comes to benchmarks like Antutu, my V20 scored literally twice as high as the K1, but that's not a big deal if you're not playing 3D games.
    Thanks for your reply -

1. Using nova launcher kills the shortcuts of the KEYBOARD. You still prefer using nova? I am also using it on my device from day 1 and love it.
    2. What kind of difference you felt after disabling BB apps on your device?
    3. How about using an APP to clean up the memory rather than doing it manually?
    4. I usually don't monitor RAM usage on my current device. Do you think it's necessary in the case of Keyone?

Keyone is costlier than V20 with lesser specs. You still think that you did the right thing by spending more for lesser specs?
    09-04-17 03:25 AM
    I don't get a blackberry for just they keyboard- I get it for the eco system.

I would not disable HUB because it's what I love about blackberry.

I run these apps daily:

instagram, snapchat, facebook lite, reddit, whatsapp, spotify, netflix, android wear, maps + all bb apps

I will always multitask between these apps back and fourth.

Spotify, maps, snapchat are KILLERS and do not allow more than 2 apps running. The rest used in conjuction are somewhat fine with the exception of HUB being a killer sometimes

I shouldn't be having to wait for the app to re open again if I just used with these apps.

My S7 never did this- ever. And I would honestly say it's because of the RAM.
    It's really bad that even after using most of the popular apps only, you are facing such lag. Do you think that 4gb version will make any difference?
    09-04-17 03:28 AM
    It's really bad that even after using most of the popular apps only, you are facing such lag. Do you think that 4gb version will make any difference?
    Gotta restart nightly, clear cache weekly for it to be.. *decent*

The 4GB will definitely help. The chip is fine for it's purpose, again this is not a media device nor is it a performance device.

It's a multi tasking get er done device. That 1 extra GB of ran would do wonders
    since.. Well look. 90%+ ram used all the dam time. There should be a minimum 20% buffer at all times.

09-04-17 03:31 AM
    Manage your data cache properly (as with all Android devices), and there is no lag, and never will be.
    Exactly! 🔝
    I clear my cache when reaches 1gb and right after do a device reset.
    Good luck.
    09-04-17 03:36 AM
    This app automatically handles everything in the background? How as your experience before using this app?
    Just relax. Eliminating lag or choppiness on Android is impossible task due to it's nature. Even 835 phones will stutter from time to time. You go with the Android for app compatibility or customization, if you are looking for smoothness, refinement, efficiency in every performance aspect then you go and get anything but the Android.
    09-04-17 03:40 AM
    Just relax. Eliminating lag or choppiness on Android is impossible task due to it's nature. Even 835 phones will stutter from time to time. You go with the Android for app compatibility or customization, if you are looking for smoothness, refinement, efficiency in every performance aspect then you go and get anything but the Android.
    I am already using Android. The device is 2 year old with 801 processor and 3gb ram. I am not doing cache management and not even restarting the device, still there is only minor lag which is also occasionally, not regularly. So, I know the nature of android, even used custom roms on android devices.

So, there is nothing wrong in finding out if it is worth spending on a spec sheet which is costly, released in a flagship phone in 2017 but still lags every now and then.

P.S - I am relaxed..
    09-04-17 04:10 AM

The 4GB will definitely help. The chip is fine for it's purpose, again this is not a media device nor is it a performance device.

It's a multi tasking get er done device. That 1 extra GB of ran would do wonders
    since.. Well look. 90%+ ram used all the dam time. There should be a minimum 20% buffer at all times.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d96452746a.jpg
    Damn, not even 1 GB is free? Just checked the ram of my device and 1.1 GB ram is still FREE out of 3GB ram, even when there are 165 apps installed on the device and the storage of device is 95% full.

You are right, 4GB ram version will surely make a difference. But, in the longer term, 4gb may also feel less
    09-04-17 04:14 AM

Two year old specs? The 625 is a current product, and was announced in 2016. The 630 has only recently become commercially available.
    09-04-17 06:06 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d96452746a.jpg
    Both Bla1ze and Mr Mobile stated that the extra 1GB was not noticeable in everyday use.

Android memory management always tries to fill all available ram - unused ram is wasted ram.
    Thud Hardsmack and zephyr613 like this.
    09-04-17 06:10 AM
    Both Bla1ze and Mr Mobile stated that the extra 1GB was not noticeable in everyday use.

Android memory management always tries to fill all available ram - unused ram is wasted ram.
    So by that standard i'm running 100% capacity.

Which means I am still suffering since my apps in the background keep refreshing.

Just like that guy wrote somewhere

* write a long facebook post, get an important email, switch to that, start typing email, oh gonna change music too, go back to email, finish email, send email, back to facebook- it's refreshed and all is lot.

That facebook refreshing conundrum also happens with chrome which pisses me off because I have to fill a lot of forms and then it all gets erased because the app refreshes.

You're telling me that 1 extra GB of ram would NOT be purposeful?

Yes, this could be solved with developers optimizing the usage from both the OS and APP side but sometimes you need brute force and that extra ram would definitely do it.

The chipset is fine for it's purpose but it's being bottle necked.
    09-04-17 06:36 AM
    So by that standard i'm running 100% capacity.
    That's not what it means. Android will simply fill available ram, but will always make way and prioritize apps.

Of course extra ram always helps to avoid refresh when several things are open at once. For me, it's not typical to have more than 3 apps open at the same time, so the refresh issue rarely comes up.
    09-04-17 08:18 AM
    Manage your data cache properly (as with all Android devices), and there is no lag, and never will be.
    Management of cache not required on Google Pixel, so this is misleading.

KeyOne lags. It's not a bad phone, but it lags worse than any flagship in 2017. Now people will say it's not a flagship bla bla bla. I don't really care. The phone lags way more than my Pixel (year old) or S8.
    nycspaces. likes this.
    09-04-17 08:37 AM
126 1234 ...