I saw video reviews, googled and read on forums as well, but it just increased my confusion. Some users are reporting occasional lags, frequent lags and some are reporting no lag at all. So, I thought I should ask here.

I am an Android user and currently using a device with 3gb ram and 801 Snapdragon quad-core processor and never experienced any significant lag since 2 years. There are 165 apps installed on my device right now.

I am a diehard fan of Blackberry, so I am really interested in Keyone. But, I am afraid of the lag which other users are experiencing. Everything else is fine with me, just not willing to experience any lag because I use most of my apps on regular basis.

Please provide some details about your experience & help me decide if I should choose keyone over the specs which are currently there on my android device?
    09-03-17 11:21 AM
    There is a lag the longer you prolong your restart cycles but I don't think it's different than any other Android device out there. I had a Galaxy S7 before and it behaved the same with much higher specs. Android tends to get bogged down by all kinds of open processes in the background which can really only be cleared with a device restart. 3GB or 4GB are all going to get consumed on the end....
    Last edited by RK_BB; 09-03-17 at 11:42 AM.
    dollface likes this.
    09-03-17 11:25 AM
    There is lag, but if you are a die hard blackberry fan, the keyboard will be enough for you to overlook it.
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    09-03-17 11:36 AM
    There is lag, but if you are a die hard blackberry fan, the keyboard will be enough for you to overlook it.
    True story!
    09-03-17 11:42 AM
    Manage your data cache properly (as with all Android devices), and there is no lag, and never will be.
    09-03-17 11:43 AM
    Manage your data cache properly (as with all Android devices), and there is no lag, and never will be.
    Do you have to manage your data cache on daily basis to keep your keyone smooth?
    09-03-17 12:07 PM
    There is a lag the longer you prolong your restart cycles but I don't think it's different than any other Android device out there. I had a Galaxy S7 before and it behaved the same with much higher specs. Android tends to get bogged down by all kinds of open processes in the background which can really only be cleared with a device restart. 3GB or 4GB are all going to get consumed on the end....
    I am not sure about other android devices but I don't restart my phone for weeks. Do you restart your device occasionally to clear the background processes?
    09-03-17 12:09 PM
    I like the keyboard, no doubt about that. But, the lag will surely frustrate me.
    09-03-17 12:11 PM
    Do you have to manage your data cache on daily basis to keep your keyone smooth?
    I clear cached data about once a week, or when it reaches close to 1GB - whichever comes first. Then I reboot.
    Aarav_thakur likes this.
    09-03-17 12:12 PM
    I came from an iphone 7+ and i still use it, but something keeps me picking up the keyone. I use it a lot at my desk on wifi, but the iphone feels more stable to be on my line when im out in about.
    09-03-17 12:12 PM
    I did have occasion lag , then I turned on Developer options , ( as advised on here by Conite I think )
    Empty Cache once a week , no lag at all ...
    Carjackd and Aarav_thakur like this.
    09-03-17 12:14 PM
    I am not sure about other android devices but I don't restart my phone for weeks. Do you restart your device occasionally to clear the background processes?
    I do not, I am the same way as you. I let Nougat do its thing (auto kill apps in the background) and keep my phone powered for very long periods but when I finally restart it I feel a pretty substantial difference.
    Aarav_thakur likes this.
    09-03-17 12:16 PM
    I did have occasion lag , then I turned on Developer options , ( as advised on here by Conite I think )
    Empty Cache once a week , no lag at all ...
    Setting the three animation speeds to 0.5x is the first thing I do on all Android devices.
    Thud Hardsmack and zephyr613 like this.
    09-03-17 12:18 PM
    I came from an iphone 7+ and i still use it, but something keeps me picking up the keyone. I use it a lot at my desk on wifi, but the iphone feels more stable to be on my line when im out in about.
    The iPhone's memory management approach is not at all comparable to Android.
    09-03-17 12:34 PM
    Im not having much lag, or atlerast not enough to notice it in my daily use.

That said, I dont have a zillion apps running and I try to keep the Recents field ordered and tidy.

But the keyboard on this thing. It just keeps growing on you. The first few days it felt nice but a bit awkward. I downloaded an app called Typing Master and started practicing a few minutes a day for 2 weeks. Now I cant go back to a virtual keyboard. I type faster and with less typos, and I feel more in control input-wise. The ability to rest your fingers on the keyboard front without unwanted touch input is amazing and something few other phones allow.
    When I see pictures of the new Iphone I simply shrug. Theres no room to hold the device properly.
    Same thing with the latest Samsung curved screens. So much unwanted touch input. BB did it right.

But, its not a phone for heavy media consumption. Main reason there is only one mono speaker on the side when in landscape mode. Screen ratio is not 16:9.
    09-03-17 12:38 PM
    Not true if as already mentioned, you manage your data cache properly (settings> storage and USB > internal data > cached data and clear it). Which by the way is true for any andoird device.
    8BitByte likes this.
    09-03-17 12:52 PM
    I saw video reviews, googled and read on forums as well, but it just increased my confusion. Some users are reporting occasional lags, frequent lags and some are reporting no lag at all. So, I thought I should ask here.

I am an Android user and currently using a device with 3gb ram and 801 Snapdragon quad-core processor and never experienced any significant lag since 2 years. There are 165 apps installed on my device right now.

I am a diehard fan of Blackberry, so I am really interested in Keyone. But, I am afraid of the lag which other users are experiencing. Everything else is fine with me, just not willing to experience any lag because I use most of my apps on regular basis.

Please provide some details about your experience & help me decide if I should choose keyone over the specs which are currently there on my android device?
    0 lag for me
    zephyr613 likes this.
    09-03-17 05:16 PM
    I do not notice any lag. But I am not a gamer and I probably reboot every week. that said my KEYone is not nearly as fast as my dtek60.
    chi-town311 likes this.
    09-03-17 05:44 PM
    Can someone please give us a precise definition of lag? Does it mean that you have to wait for 1 second or 2 seconds for an app to open? Or is something like a blip when using an intensive gaming app?
    FF22 likes this.
    09-03-17 06:28 PM
    Can someone please give us a precise definition of lag? Does it mean that you have to wait for 1 second or 2 seconds for an app to open? Or is something like a blip when using an intensive gaming app?
    Lag is in the eye or finger of the beholder!
    Wezard and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    09-03-17 06:58 PM
    Lag is in the eye or finger of the beholder!
    Yes and typically triggered by seeing a smaller number next to the RAM and Processor spec then other devices .
    FF22 and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    09-03-17 07:22 PM
    Yes and typically triggered by seeing a smaller number next to the RAM and Processor spec then other devices .
    And what do you consider lag? LOL
    09-03-17 07:49 PM
    And what do you consider lag? LOL
    I was being sarcastic as it seems people always claim lag because the processor and ram on the KEYone. I personally haven't experienced any sort of lag. But if I did, I would define it as slowness when switching between apps to (or opening apps) where the device locks up for a few seconds when it can't handle it. Like I said, haven't experienced it with the KEYone. With Android, if people don't manage their cache then they may experience lag at some point no matter what device they use.
    09-03-17 07:53 PM
    The only time I have ever encountered lag, or lag to the best of my knowledge, on my KEYone is when playing a game and the display will lag just a little bit 1/10th of a second while an embedded ad loads. Chances are that is not a processor issue but more of a connection issue to the ad server.
    09-03-17 07:55 PM
    I haven't experienced any lag at all. I do clear the recents now and then. I agree that it's in the eye of the beholder.
    09-03-17 08:11 PM
126 123 ...