One of the things I love on the Blackberry 10 is being able to receive, write and send emails smoothly within the built-in hub, without resorting to (bad) Google email app. So, for those already with the Keyone on hand, I need to know if it works the same way as on BB10. How about the Hub itself?
    05-02-17 01:56 AM
    Additional question, does it support HTML signature?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 02:34 AM
    The Hub works fine. Not as smooth as on BB10 but it has come a long way. Sending and receiving is fine.

Yes it does support HTML signatures. Last time I used the BlackBerry Hub on my LG V20, it had a url appended as "a href" to download the app. I haven't done the same on my KeyOne yet
    Lionel Passport likes this.
    05-02-17 02:54 AM
    One of the things I love on the Blackberry 10 is being able to receive, write and send emails smoothly within the built-in hub, without resorting to (bad) Google email app. So, for those already with the Keyone on hand, I need to know if it works the same way as on BB10. How about the Hub itself?
    The Hub on Android can't make use of Google-defined contact lists. Nor can Gmail, for that matter. That's a function of the contacts manager; the question is, does the K1 native contacts app let you find contact lists, and will it pass them on to the Hub mail or will it require Gmail?
    Lionel Passport likes this.
    05-02-17 04:35 AM
    The Hub on Android can't make use of Google-defined contact lists. Nor can Gmail, for that matter. That's a function of the contacts manager; the question is, does the K1 native contacts app let you find contact lists, and will it pass them on to the Hub mail or will it require Gmail?
    I belive it should. I just checked in the Hub on my PRIV and if I create a new email using my Gmail account, then tap the + symbol to add, it takes me to the built in contact manager and there are two tabs, contacts and groups. Tapping on groups shows me a couple groups I have set up already in Google contacts. I would post a screenshot but it shows too much contact detail. I need to do a little more checking when I get to my computer at work too.
    Ecm likes this.
    05-02-17 07:42 AM
    I belive it should. I just checked in the Hub on my PRIV and if I create a new email using my Gmail account, then tap the + symbol to add, it takes me to the built in contact manager and there are two tabs, contacts and groups. Tapping on groups shows me a couple groups I have set up already in Google contacts. I would post a screenshot but it shows too much contact detail. I need to do a little more checking when I get to my computer at work too.
    Please do!
    john_v likes this.
    05-02-17 07:57 AM
    Any issues just disabling Gmail and using hub only on k1?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 08:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    If it's anything like the other BlackBerry Android devices which I suspect it is, then no issues at all. In fact, I would recommend disabiling Gmail app if you are using the hub to avoid double notifications.
    05-02-17 08:19 AM
    If it's anything like the other BlackBerry Android devices which I suspect it is, then no issues at all. In fact, I would recommend disabiling Gmail app if you are using the hub to avoid double notifications.
    I leave mine enabled but just turn off notifications in the GMail app. Just a personal preference, but I find it a little faster searching for an archived email in the app as opposed to the Hub. But yes, you could disable it.
    05-02-17 08:21 AM
    I leave mine enabled but just turn off notifications in the GMail app. Just a personal preference, but I find it a little faster searching for an archived email in the app as opposed to the Hub. But yes, you could disable it.
    Fair enough. I would just rather avoid 2 Apps syncing the same thing for battery reasons.
    john_v likes this.
    05-02-17 08:23 AM
    I can verify this. This works like a charm.
    Not only that you can also create new groups from the Contacts app (both locally and on Google).

This is how you create group in the Contacts app for Gmail.
    Attached Thumbnails How is the email on the Keyone Blackberry Hub?-2537.jpg  
    john_v likes this.
    05-02-17 08:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    No issues from this. I have Gmail app not to sync and use BlackBerry Hub to do the needful. Works like a charm.
    john_v and bakron1 like this.
    05-02-17 08:25 AM
    Please do!
    @Lionel Passport

Below are some screenshots. So yes, it is as I described. I set up a test group in my Google contacts using the web-based Contacts manager (on Chrome, Gmail>Contacts). Then in Hub, tap Compose, choose GMail account, tap the "+" for whichever you want (regular, CC, BCC) and it takes you to the contacts manager. Tap the Groups tab, tap the group you want, and it autopopulates into your email.

How is the email on the Keyone Blackberry Hub?-point-blur_may022017_081220.jpg
    How is the email on the Keyone Blackberry Hub?-point-blur_may022017_081155.jpg
    How is the email on the Keyone Blackberry Hub?-point-blur_may022017_081102.jpg
    05-02-17 08:26 AM
    Can someone advise on SMS.. is it already incorporated in the hub or you need to download a third party like yaata or textra?
    05-02-17 08:26 AM
    I can verify this. This works like a charm.
    Not only that you can also create new groups from the Contacts app (both locally and on Google).

This is how you create group in the Contacts app for Gmail.
    I like that. Before looking at it this morning, I had never really thought about doing groups right from my PRIV. I'm going to have to start using that more, it's really handy and will make life a lot easier. Always learning something new...
    05-02-17 08:27 AM
    Can someone advise on SMS.. is it already incorporated in the hub or you need to download a third party like yaata or textra?
    The Hub will work with whatever the default SMS app is. Textra does seem to integrate well, and is a nice lightweight app. It's currently my SMS app of choice, although I do also like Google's SMS app too.
    Bure03 likes this.
    05-02-17 08:28 AM
    It uses Android Messages app. Very similar experience with Yaata where pressing Android back button would take you back to the Hub and clicking on the back button within the app navigation takes you the Messages home.
    Bure03 likes this.
    05-02-17 08:30 AM
    Fair enough. I would just rather avoid 2 Apps syncing the same thing for battery reasons.
    Yes this is true too. I have thought of disabling for that very reason, but just haven't. It's very nice having the flexibility to run the apps however one chooses for their device...I'm always tinkering and trying different things. But in the end I usually end up going back to that "comfort zone"
    05-02-17 08:31 AM
    Thank you for the great input here, I can't wait to have a KEYone myself. the tips and help of you all here are Super helpful.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 10:35 AM
    For those of you who use Gmail with the Hub...How do you archive your mail? The default action in Hub seems to put emails into the Trash, rather than "All Mail", which is what the Gmail app does. I know I can change the slide behavior to "Move to Folder", and then select All...but this is a multistep process. Anyone have a more elegant solution?
    05-07-17 02:45 PM
    I do the same.
    05-07-17 11:22 PM
    Exactly. I use the hub for reading and writing emails. But I use Gmail for mass deletion of spam and trash. So I leave it enabled but block it from doing any notifications.
    05-08-17 02:09 AM
    My only real hub complaint is it is a large slow and sort of lumbering app at times. But with it being a catchall place for all apps messages, that's probably unavoidable. It's fast enough on my Pixel. I used to use Aquamail, which was faster and more customizable by miles. But then some company I didn't quite trust bought it.

I do trust BlackBerry.
    05-08-17 02:14 AM
    Works great on the Dtek60 and it will be the same on this. You won't even remember any other Hub implementation once you use this. It's not even an issue.
    05-08-17 06:16 AM
    Hello, Mu keyOne just a few days old. Am not fully convinced yet, having moved up(?) from a Passport. I was only able to set up my main account (my domain) through the Gmail app. How do I get that account to show on the hub? I would have thought there to be a link of some sort? TIA.
    07-10-17 01:54 PM
26 12