I've been thinking of getting a keyone but fully black isn't really my style so i'm wondering how does the speed of the keyone silver compare to an iphone 6 when it comes to opening apps and how it handles in light games such as piano tiles (no I don't want a phone for gaming but the optional game or two for long trips would be nice)
    05-05-18 06:15 AM
    I've been thinking of getting a keyone but fully black isn't really my style so i'm wondering how does the speed of the keyone silver compare to an iphone 6 when it comes to opening apps and how it handles in light games such as piano tiles (no I don't want a phone for gaming but the optional game or two for long trips would be nice)
    I would highly suggest you avoid the Sliver K1.

The Black Edition is the one to go for as it does not have the build quality issues of the Silver (e.g. Screens Falling Out).

The Black Edition also has more RAM (4GB RAM vs. 3GB in the Silver) and it has double the Internal Memory of the Silver (64GB vs. 32GB in the Silver).

You'd be doing yourself a huge disservice by getting the Silver over the Black, honestly.

If UI speed is your concern once again the Black Edition will hold its performance better overtime as it has the better Hardware.
    EwanJP and Luke Coughey like this.
    05-05-18 06:31 AM

The Black Edition is the one to go for as it does not have the build quality issues of the Silver (e.g. Screens Falling Out).

The Black Edition also has more RAM (4GB RAM vs. 3GB in the Silver) and it has double the Internal Memory of the Silver (64GB vs. 32GB in the Silver).

You'd be doing yourself a huge disservice by getting the Silver over the Black, honestly.

If UI speed is your concern once again the Black Edition will hold its performance better overtime as it has the better Hardware.
    Screen issue was just the initial batch though.
    EwanJP and hamzasalam like this.
    05-05-18 06:56 AM

Thanks but my main concern is how it holds up against an iphone 6 (my current phone). I want to know if I'd be getting slower performance or not as I can currently pick the phone up for £330 (silver) or £390 (black) and if I can expect the same laggy performance I might give the keyone a miss
    05-05-18 06:57 AM
    the black KeyOne is awesome.
    I don't find lag, unless I have 50 apps open and haven't cleared the cache in a while.
    Overall great performance
    the camera is terrific
    the battery is a beast
    the keyboard will take a month to love, but then you will love it.
    so, give it time.
    every app you need or want
    EwanJP and Farroll1212 like this.
    05-05-18 07:07 AM
    I have heard from a lot of people in these forums that the silver Keyone performance wise is not much different than the Black edition Keyone. Of course the Black Edition would be a better investment because of the extra ram and memory.

If you compare it to an iPhone 6, I think either Keyone would hold up well against that iphone.
    EwanJP likes this.
    05-05-18 07:50 AM
    I'm not sure if this is a K1 issue or an android issue but I find the navigation bar at the bottom, at times, useless. I try and back our go to the home page and the triangle and circle just don't respond. And it doesn't matter what App is open or how many. This is my third K1 and they are all the same. Silver edition.
    05-05-18 07:54 AM
    You are right about it.

Bottom screen Sensitivity is not good.

Neither the black edition.
    05-05-18 07:56 AM
    I'm not sure if this is a K1 issue or an android issue but I find the navigation bar at the bottom, at times, useless. I try and back our go to the home page and the triangle and circle just don't respond. And it doesn't matter what App is open or how many. This is my third K1 and they are all the same. Silver edition.
    This sounds like a K1 issue.

Have you checked if your screen is lifting? It sounds like something may be goi g loose and losing connection hence sometimes it does nothing when you tap it. Give it a thorough looking over.

I've never had an issue with the Navigation bar on my Galaxy Note8 nor on the Mate10 Pro I had.
    05-05-18 08:18 AM
    I found on my first KeyONE which was an early batch (silver) the capacitive row would at times be unresponsive. Even led to the phone resetting a few times. Not sure if it was hardware or software, but I have disliked those buttons ever since.

Not sure why TCL is so fixated on buttons but I see absolutely no advantage with this approach for the Nav keys. Just one more part that can break. And a bigger screen is nicer anyways...
    05-05-18 09:01 AM
    Other than keyboard and battery, nothing comes close.
    Well, Keyone does have CA, which means faster download speed.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-18 09:39 AM
    the black KeyOne is awesome.
    I don't find lag, unless I have 50 apps open and haven't cleared the cache in a while.
    Overall great performance
    the camera is terrific
    the battery is a beast
    the keyboard will take a month to love, but then you will love it.
    so, give it time.
    every app you need or want
    50 apps?
    Wow, that must be new to me.
    Mine is running like a hell even with 5 apps on.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-18 09:41 AM
    It seems that the keyone still has a lot of issues in its late phase then... might just see how Athena comes on then. Thanks for all the responses all
    05-05-18 10:28 AM
    I have the Silver Keyone and came from the iPhone 6. As for performance, I have not seen any great evidence that the Black K1 is much if any better, sorry guys, just the facts. As for a comparison to the iPhone 6, after the OS11 update my iPhone slowed down. K1 is about the same speed, no real noticeable difference in speed of opening or navigating apps and docs. I would never go back to iPhone, very happy with K1. Also never liked the VaderBerry's, you can get a great deal on a Silver Edition now. Purchase with confidence, just ensure you get one with a build date later than July so you're clear of the screen lift issue. Cheers,
    EwanJP and FF22 like this.
    05-05-18 10:52 AM
    I have the Silver Keyone and came from the iPhone 6. As for performance, I have not seen any great evidence that the Black K1 is much if any better, sorry guys, just the facts. As for a comparison to the iPhone 6, after the OS11 update my iPhone slowed down. K1 is about the same speed, no real noticeable difference in speed of opening or navigating apps and docs. I would never go back to iPhone, very happy with K1. Also never liked the VaderBerry's, you can get a great deal on a Silver Edition now. Purchase with confidence, just ensure you get one with a build date later than July so you're clear of the screen lift issue. Cheers,
    I find that my 6 (running ios 11) to be rather sluggish, are you saying the keyone acts the same way? thanks
    05-05-18 11:56 AM
    No, not exactly. The key1 is not a speed demon, that being said, it is also not sluggish. Just will not open apps as fast as an iphone8 and up. Doesn't bother me at all as I don't do gaming or heavy media on it. It is a proper work tool.
    05-05-18 12:05 PM
    50 apps?
    Wow, that must be new to me.
    Mine is running like a hell even with 5 apps on.

Posted via CB10
    That's too bad to hear

Tell me which 5 apps you have open when you experience lag, I will try to reproduce your lag.
    05-05-18 12:14 PM
    I came from an iphone 6 and I'd say when using nova launcher the keyone is way faster.
    05-05-18 12:18 PM
    I have silver k1 for about 7 months now. Up until the last update, it occasionally had issues running slow after waking it up. Since this latest update however, the problem appears fixed and I'm quite certain this is the best phone I've ever owned! LOVE IT
    05-05-18 12:44 PM
    That's too bad to hear

Tell me which 5 apps you have open when you experience lag, I will try to reproduce your lag.
    I have over 100 apps and no issues.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-05-18 02:01 PM
    Similarly, I have a lot of apps and unless I'm related to a sloth, I really don't notice any particular lag. Recently, Google Play told me I had 86 updates waiting (I only update manually).
    05-05-18 02:33 PM
    Are you using a particular kind of screen Protector that may be interfering with functionality? Happened to me when I used a glass screen protector for a day.
    05-05-18 03:21 PM
    Are you using a particular kind of screen Protector that may be interfering with functionality? Happened to me when I used a glass screen protector for a day.
    No. Never used them nor a case. I just cleared my cache and it seems better now.
    05-05-18 06:49 PM
    Exact, but sometimes haters need to hate. So they will just spew bs or a bad experience to be a distraction.
    05-05-18 08:23 PM
    Exactly.. I would go for the silver.. Black u are just paying extra for a colour change.. And bigger space that's it..stick with the silver it looks better imo
    What you are paying for is better Hardware and futureproofing the device in the long term. Small price to pay for a lot of gain.

Why get a phone with a paltry 3GB RAM in 2018? You are bound to run into issues as the updates continue to come in.
    the_boon likes this.
    05-06-18 02:45 AM
42 12