Hi,

Does anyone know how to set up our keyone's to be able to write Chinese characters with ones finger and have the character appear in chats?

My dad had this feature in his DTEK 60 and I can't seem to figure out how to do it on the KEYone.

Not talking about Chinese 'strokes' selection in the BlackBerry keyboard languages because I found that and it has screen buttons you select for the strokes you want.

What my dad had before was he wrote in an area of the screen and it translated his writing to characters.

The whole keyboard and languages selection on the KEYone confuses me as one can pick Chinese in both the BlackBerry keyboard language and also upload google ones too.

Help!
    01-19-18 02:40 AM
    What were the exact steps he performed with the DTEK 60?
    Perhaps it was a third-party app? A friend of mine raves about Pleco: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....chinesesystem
    01-19-18 11:24 AM
    Hi,

Does anyone know how to set up our keyone's to be able to write Chinese characters with ones finger and have the character appear in chats?
    Help!
    Although Pleco is a dictionary app, the functionality you described is also part of the program and is demonstrated here:
    01-19-18 11:27 AM
    What were the exact steps he performed with the DTEK 60?
    Perhaps it was a third-party app? A friend of mine raves about Pleco: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....chinesesystem
    My dad doesn’t really and I don’t believe he even knows how to download apps! LOL

I actually do it all for him and I do not recall downloading apps so he can write Chinese.

Not sure if you have use the Z30 or Dtek 60 which is what he has been using... on both units, he simply writes with his finger on an area on the screen the character he wants and the phone provides him the suggested words which he taps to pick.

Kind of like how we type words on they keypad and suggested words pop up for us to select even before we finish the word.
    01-19-18 11:28 AM
    My dad doesn’t really and I don’t believe he even knows how to download apps! LOL

I actually do it all for him and I do not recall downloading apps so he can write Chinese.

Not sure if you have use the Z30 or Dtek 60 which is what he has been using... on both units, he simply writes with his finger on an area on the screen the character he wants and the phone provides him the suggested words which he taps to pick.

Kind of like how we type words on they keypad and suggested words pop up for us to select even before we finish the word.
    The fact that this "drawing" works on both the Z30 (BB10) and the Dtek60 seems to suggest that it is some app. I suggest you go through the App Drawer and look for apps or widgets. If he had it on the Z30 and it was initially from the Google Play Store, it might have automatically transferred when setting up the Dtek60 if he used the same Google ID.

Good luck.
    01-19-18 01:06 PM
    Thanks!!
    01-19-18 01:14 PM