So got two bugs I'm sure one of them is well known to everyone and that is getting no notifications when relieving a text/sms message.

The last one I've picked up is not being able to write text/sms messages when there is 106 characters on the second text/sms message to anyone. Yes it's old school but I text/sms my wife long as messages instead of using whatsapp or another messaging service that uses data to save her some data for her fb addiction.

Any help would be greatful...
    09-25-17 05:17 AM
    So got two bugs I'm sure one of them is well known to everyone and that is getting no notifications when relieving a text/sms message.

The last one I've picked up is not being able to write text/sms messages when there is 106 characters on the second text/sms message to anyone. Yes it's old school but I text/sms my wife long as messages instead of using whatsapp or another messaging service that uses data to save her some data for her fb addiction.

Any help would be greatful...
    The notification issues is fixed in the September update patch. Most everyone should have the update now. Have you checked for updates on your device (app drawer, updates app)?
    As for the second issue, I havent heard of that one yet. Are you using the stock messenger app? Maybe clear cache (settings, storage and usb, cached data - click on it to clear) and see if that helps or try another app like textra which is a good sms app.
    09-25-17 09:23 AM
    I got the September issue a few days ago and it was fine until I updated. Never had the issue ever before the update so I don't know what to say about that.

I use the Google messenger has its connected to my fossil q founder and I can message from there and reply back when I don't have my phone out. But will try clearing the cache data and see what happens. Hopefully it solves the issue.
    09-25-17 09:26 AM
    Nope not helped with the clearing of the cache data. Will see if I can get textra to work on the fossil watch hopefully I get something to work.
    09-25-17 09:40 AM
    09-25-17 09:54 AM
    Yeah don't have twitter, really not into social media beside a forum that makes sense to me to use.
    09-25-17 10:04 AM
    I am using Textra as well.
    Do the above 1st and if it doesn't help, here's a few steps for you.

1.Go to "Settings >> Developer options >> Bug Report shortcut >> Enable"

2.If you don't have "Developer options", to enable it go to "Settings >> About phone >> Press the "Build number" 7 times.

3.Within "Developer options" make sure to enable the "Bug Report shortcut"

Note: "USB Debugging" must be enabled before the "Bug Report shortcut" can be enabled.
    If "USB Debugging" cannot be enabled, ensure that "Media device" is enabled within "USB computer connection".
    To enable it:
    a) Tap Settings
    b) Select Storage
    c) Tap the Menu (the 3 dots top left corner)
    d) Select the "USB computer connection"
    e) Ensure the check box is selected for "Media device" (MTP)

4.Press and hold the "Power" button for approximately 3-5 seconds.

5.Select "Take bug report", have the user review the message shown and select "Report".

6.The LED should blink as the logs are being collected. A notification will appear whilst generating the bug report.

7.Once complete the notification will appear in the shader (swipe down from top of the screen) stating "Bug Report captured", this notification should be selected.

8. From the "Share with" menu, select either the e-mail or "Save to Drive" options and send the bug report to BBSupport team.

Hope this helps.

Good luck! (;
    09-25-17 10:28 AM
    I have noticed that numbers that are saved in your Google account are the ones that the stock Android messenger won't alert your phone. The Textra app solves this issue.
    09-25-17 01:59 PM
    so it's just a issue with Google messenger for everybody not just me...oh well just got to wait for the new update to be pushed out before it's fixed.

Textra is good I got to say...
    09-26-17 03:25 AM