Hey, friends.

I live in Australia, and recently, I'm only getting a couple of reception bars (if any) and it switches from 4G to 3G - I haven't even seen 3G in a long time.

Right now, I have one bar on 3G.
    (See image)

I called Kogan (my provider) to see if there were any outages, but there were none. They told me to reset my SIM?
    I didn't know this was possible.
    I also don't know how to reset my SIM.
    Also: what happens If/when I do; will I lose data/phone numbers?

Device: BlackBerry KEYone
    System: Android
    Network: Kogan
    SIM Card: Optus

(Also, this is going to sound paranoid - lol, bear with me - but a long time ago, I was discussing government corruption online, frequently, and my internet was getting constantly electrocuted.
    I called the provider, and they mentioned it was as if it had been struck by lightning. They'd never seen anything like it.

Many years later (now), I was discussing such things with my friend on NYE; my internet got fried again for the first time in years, *and* simultaneously my phone-reception starting dropping out and into 3G.
    The phone and the internet are *not* connected though; it's not my internet, just the house Wi-Fi.

Could my SIM have been fried from a distance, or interfered with: is this possible?)

Otherwise, I just need to know how to reset my SIM.

Thank You!!
    Attached Thumbnails How do I reset my SIM card?-1579339947048.jpg  
    Last edited by MardiShakti; 01-18-20 at 03:33 AM. Reason: To add a Photo
    01-18-20 03:30 AM
    Hey, friends.

I live in Australia, and recently, I'm only getting a couple of reception bars (if any) and it switches from 4G to 3G - I haven't even seen 3G in a long time.

(See image)

I called Kogan (my provider) to see if there were any outages, but there were none. They told me to reset my SIM?

(Also, this is going to sound paranoid - lol, bear with me - but a long time ago, I was discussing government corruption online, frequently, and my internet was getting constantly electrocuted.
    I called the provider, and they mentioned it was as if it had been struck by lightning. They'd never seen anything like it.

Many years later (now), I was discussing such things with my friend on NYE; my internet got fried again for the first time in years, *and* simultaneously my phone-reception starting dropping out and into 3G.
    The phone and the internet are *not* connected though; it's not my internet, just the house Wi-Fi.

Could my SIM have been fried from a distance, or interfered with: is this possible?)

Thank You!!
    Go to setting-wireless and networks-more- then choose network setting reset.
    Mardi_Shakti likes this.
    01-18-20 05:26 AM
    Go to setting-wireless and networks-more- then choose network setting reset.
    Ok, thanks - I went to Settings > Wi-Fi/Network > and then hit the three-dots (hamburger?) and "Reset" came up.

I had to reconnect the Wi-Fi w/password afterwards.
    So far, 2 or 3 bars of 4G... will monitor for the next 24.

Thank you! How do I reset my SIM card?-screenshot_20200118-223045.jpg
    arif b santoso likes this.
    01-18-20 05:38 AM
    Hey, friends.

(See image)

Thank You!!
    So you have two user names here????
    01-18-20 07:24 PM
    So you have two user names here????
    Hi!

Actually; the original post is from online, and this comment and the other, are from the Crackberry App!

I joined online in 2015, and couldn't remember my login details - and couldn't find them; I sign in with Twitter or Google or something.

For some reason, the APP would not recognize my name/email/password (I'm sure this account made a post about it somewhere; if you know how to find those!) SO - I had to make an APP account!

Have a great day!
    01-18-20 11:24 PM
    Sadly, it is back to 3G - one bar.
    It switches from 4G to 3G - and back and forth.

WHAT COULD THE PROBLEM BE? How do I reset my SIM card?-screenshot_20200119-161834.jpeg
    01-18-20 11:26 PM
    Sadly, it is back to 3G - one bar.
    It switches from 4G to 3G - and back and forth.

WHAT COULD THE PROBLEM BE? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200119-161834.jpeg 
Views:	10 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	447371
    Switch airplane mode on.
    Wait for 10 seconds and switch off.
    01-18-20 11:49 PM
    Thank you; I did that, and it was good for a bit, but I've seen one bar on 4G today.

I live in a city; nowhere rural.
    01-21-20 07:42 AM
    Thank you; I did that, and it was good for a bit, but I've seen one bar on 4G today.

Device problem, not your provider.
    01-21-20 08:03 AM

Did your carrier repurpose any 3G to 4G recently? What happens when you put SIM into different phone?
    01-21-20 08:47 AM