i have a BB motion. I have used Plantronics head sets with every bb phone I have every had. When I originally purchased the Motion i could use my head set without interferance from android's/google's Alexa interrupting. Approx. a year or ago I initiated a call via my Plantronics head set. when I pressed the call button the phone responded and I ask it to place a call to which it began to however as it went to initiate the call Android/alexa interrupts and asks either "what do I want to do" or starts to search for something else it thinks I want. I have removed all access however including one touch call from the home button . However when I initiate a call from the phone, Android/Alexa tells me to unlock the phone so I can use phone with my phone. How do I remove or prevent Alexa from taking control or having anything to do with taking over my hardware (Plantronics Headset)? This has never been an issue with any of my previous non-Android BB. Help anyone
    07-14-20 07:52 PM
    i have a BB motion. I have used Plantronics head sets with every bb phone I have every had. When I originally purchased the Motion i could use my head set without interferance from android's/google's Alexa interrupting. Approx. a year or ago I initiated a call via my Plantronics head set. when I pressed the call button the phone responded and I ask it to place a call to which it began to however as it went to initiate the call Android/alexa interrupts and asks either "what do I want to do" or starts to search for something else it thinks I want. I have removed all access however including one touch call from the home button . However when I initiate a call from the phone, Android/Alexa tells me to unlock the phone so I can use phone with my phone. How do I remove or prevent Alexa from taking control or having anything to do with taking over my hardware (Plantronics Headset)? This has never been an issue with any of my previous non-Android BB. Help anyone
    Alexa is Amazon. You're referring to Google Assistant.

If you're using voice assist to place a call, how to you think it would work without the Google voice assistant?

And how can Google voice assistant access your phone without having permission to do so?
    07-14-20 08:01 PM
    When it asks what you want to do, simply tell it to "call Roger" (or whomever you wish to call), it should place the call for you.
    07-14-20 09:49 PM
    Yes. I mean Google Assistant. (GA). I do not want to use GA. I do not want voice assist. I have no need for this app in any way nor do i use it. The head set for all my phones have used their own voice assistant to make calls without GA. Now GA wants to help for some reason. Currently initiating the call seems to conflict... the Plantronics accepts the command to call "john doe" then GA interrupts and asks "what do you want to do" or goes off looking for something I did not ask for. Forcing me to pick up the phone instead of staying hands free. my curve, z10, 8300 and even old nokia worked wonderfully with my head set without GA. The motion also worked well without GA until the update. All I want to do is continue using my phone with the Plantronics without GA in the middle. Why is this not my choice? it should be simple turn off GA and keep going as before... when I choose to turn it back on....
    07-14-20 10:22 PM
    Yes. I mean Google Assistant. (GA). I do not want to use GA. I do not want voice assist. I have no need for this app in any way nor do i use it. The head set for all my phones have used their own voice assistant to make calls without GA. Now GA wants to help for some reason. Currently initiating the call seems to conflict... the Plantronics accepts the command to call "john doe" then GA interrupts and asks "what do you want to do" or goes off looking for something I did not ask for. Forcing me to pick up the phone instead of staying hands free. my curve, z10, 8300 and even old nokia worked wonderfully with my head set without GA. The motion also worked well without GA until the update. All I want to do is continue using my phone with the Plantronics without GA in the middle. Why is this not my choice? it should be simple turn off GA and keep going as before... when I choose to turn it back on....
    Your headset does NOT have the ability to initiate the call. It works by activating the voice dialing feature of the connected mobile device. There may be an incompatibility between your older headset and the newer Google Assistant software that is causing issues.
    07-15-20 12:12 AM