I have bought a new Key One phone and can't send rcv messages thru the mobile network. I can't find any instructions but I recall I need a "service book" to be sent to my new machine. Would be grateful if someone could advise me. Tks Douglas
    07-08-18 01:10 AM
    I have bought a new Key One phone and can't send rcv messages thru the mobile network. I can't find any instructions but I recall I need a "service book" to be sent to my new machine. Would be grateful if someone could advise me. Tks Douglas
    Welcome to Crackberry.

I think "service books" was a method used ages ago. Maybe it is still used???

I just moved my sim from my Priv to my KeyOne and it worked. Verizon is carrier.

You might need to contact your carrier and inform them of the newer phone and see if they have to do something on their end.

Again, welcome, and ask any KeyOne questions that crop up in the next few days!
    07-08-18 10:32 AM
    Service books were for the old BBOS phones.

As FF22 says, you may need to call your carrier, and probably have to give them the IMEI number of the device, so they can properly register it on the network.

Could also simply need the right APN typed in.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-08-18 10:54 AM
    I just had same problem. A call to carrier will register the IMEI and all will go. Some EU countries now have added security on SIM cards requiring identity of user for reasons of national safety. Here it is so.
    07-08-18 11:45 AM
    T-Mobile in the US still requires IMEI Registry for their Sim cards. I believe their the only one in the USA to do so.
    07-08-18 12:02 PM
    If you need the IMEI number it is found in Main Settings, About, Status, IMEI info - DO NOT post is here or publicly.
    07-08-18 02:37 PM