Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hi there, people,

Could someone please enlighten me on the subject. With Classic things were pretty clear - an HD icon would appear next to the phone call's duration counter and it was all clear. Plus, the call quality was so good that there's was no doubt about the call being handled as a VoLTE one. Now with the KEYone I'm not so sure as the overall call/audio quality isn't all that great. I'm with the same carrier as before. Interestingly enough, every time a make a phone call, the connection drops from '4G+' to 'H'. Initially I thought this might be a clear proof that my KEYone isn't handling my calls as VoLTE ones but when swapped my SIM card back to my Classic, it was exactly the same, the Classic would switch over to 'H' from '4G' upon dialing a phone # yet the HD icon would appear once the call got connected. So I'm quite puzzled now to be honest... Cheers!!!

*How do I know that a phone CALL is a VolTE one...obviously, sorry for the typo...
    Last edited by shandy-R2D2; 05-17-18 at 07:46 AM.
    05-17-18 07:34 AM
    I believe it stays connected to LTE during call instead of dropping to 3G/HSPA
    05-17-18 08:20 AM
    Hmmmmm...that's what I had thought initially but if that should be the case, how come my Classic is capable of HD calls while dropping to 3G/HSPA literally every time a phone call would get connected...? Can't wrap my head around this....
    05-17-18 08:40 AM
    I believe HD voice was a separate feature on HSPA for supported devices, and as such didn't require LTE.
    05-17-18 04:46 PM
    I believe HD voice was a separate feature on HSPA for supported devices, and as such didn't require LTE.
    Talked to a quite competent person with my carrier and you're most probably right. HD is being handled on HSPA and only a handful of phones are actually 'VoLTE compatible' with my carrier...dreadful...if you think VoLTE has been their hyped selling point over the past 3 years...but somehow you don't tell people that it's most probably nit going to work with their phones...
    05-18-18 12:49 PM
    Talked to a quite competent person with my carrier and you're most probably right. HD is being handled on HSPA and only a handful of phones are actually 'VoLTE compatible' with my carrier...dreadful...if you think VoLTE has been their hyped selling point over the past 3 years...but somehow you don't tell people that it's most probably nit going to work with their phones...
    Yup, that about covers it. Oddly my carrier has it enabled for KeyOne, but not motion.
    05-18-18 01:11 PM
    I believe it stays connected to LTE during call instead of dropping to 3G/HSPA
    YES it will not cycle down and will stay on LTE!
    05-18-18 02:10 PM