Hi I finally gave up and got a k1. I want to know after finding the production date of my unit how do I tell if it is the right or wrong one to have regarding the screen lift issue? Also does the k1 have wireless charging?
    Thanks
    04-19-18 10:55 AM
    The production dates are just a guess anyway. I have a KEYone from even before release and the screen hasn't popped off of it, so it's hit or miss, not entirely based on production date. And no, no wireless charging.
    04-19-18 12:57 PM
    I am using KeyOne since last 2 months. I bought it from Axiom Telecom Dubai. No issues at all. Go for it .
    04-19-18 01:44 PM
    You can find the assembly date for the unit in the MMI test / Traceability menu

1. Dial *#2886#
    2. Hit the MANU red button
    3. Touch the "Traceability" menu
    4. Hit PASS

You should get something like this, where the bottom line is a date of assembly:

YYYYMMDD

Let us know what it says on your KEYone
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-19-18 01:46 PM
    It was discussed on multiple threads before, my best guess so far is end of June. The fix was communicated early July. Mine is 20170628 and no issue so far (did fall a couple of times already).
    04-19-18 01:54 PM
    bought on day 1, build date May 10. screen finally popped last weekend.
    04-19-18 03:05 PM
    Did the ribbon cable tear? How did the exchange process go?
    04-19-18 03:37 PM
    Hi I finally gave up and got a k1. I want to know after finding the production date of my unit how do I tell if it is the right or wrong one to have regarding the screen lift issue? Also does the k1 have wireless charging?
    Thanks
    If purchasing brand new, you should not be able to buy a K1 with a glue-less display, so you don't have to worry about that. If somehow you do and your display falls out, you are covered under warranty where available.

As others have said, no wireless charging. BUT! You can buy a wireless charging pad that plugs into the USB-C port. A lot of users have bought the dual-layer case and cut out a square for the charging pad from the rubber/silicon inner-layer. That way it doesn't even show a bulge on the back. Those who have done this have loved this simple mod.
    04-19-18 04:48 PM
    You can find the assembly date for the unit in the MMI test / Traceability menu

1. Dial *#2886#
    2. Hit the MANU red button
    3. Touch the "Traceability" menu
    4. Hit PASS

You should get something like this, where the bottom line is a date of assembly:

YYYYMMDD

Let us know what it says on your KEYone
    Right! You will end up with a screen like this

04-19-18 05:03 PM
    Mine popped at the CB meet up on Toronto in December. The fix is pretty easy, I have a repair shop here doing them . I took my wife's in even though it hadn't popped and had them take off the screen and add adhesive. The device was bought on release day so it was bound to go eventually. I would prefer to be proactive rather than taking a chance that it popped on his own and having the ribbon snap
    FF22 and the_boon like this.
    04-19-18 05:11 PM
    Thanks
    As mentioned, it does not have wireless charging. But I purchased a Qi wireless antenna which plugs in and mine has had wireless charging for about 6 months or so. Works fine. It fits between the rear and my case and does add a slight bulge and the plug sticks out a little.
    04-19-18 07:41 PM
    Mine is a May build. It is good so far. It has taking quite the beating being dropped, pretty impressed.
    04-19-18 08:31 PM
    wow thanks for all the responses guys.
    04-20-18 02:36 AM
    If purchasing brand new, you should not be able to buy a K1 with a glue-less display, so you don't have to worry about that. If somehow you do and your display falls out, you are covered under warranty where available.

As others have said, no wireless charging. BUT! You can buy a wireless charging pad that plugs into the USB-C port. A lot of users have bought the dual-layer case and cut out a square for the charging pad from the rubber/silicon inner-layer. That way it doesn't even show a bulge on the back. Those who have done this have loved this simple mod.
    Wow that is a great idea. Although I am trying to keep the phone as naked as possible meaning I am staying away from the bully cases out there. But thanks for sharing that nevertheless
    psychofox13 likes this.
    04-20-18 02:38 AM
    Wow that is a great idea. Although I am trying to keep the phone as naked as possible meaning I am staying away from the bully cases out there. But thanks for sharing that nevertheless
    The OEM soft shell case (rubber) is apparently the thinnest and most elegant, it also has a dimpled back supposedly adding grip. Also has the BlackBerry branding on bottom corner.

The problem?

Good luck finding one.

If you actually do find it, prepare to pay alot more than you should for a piece of rubber.
    04-20-18 03:42 AM
    Did the ribbon cable tear? How did the exchange process go?
    Ribbon was fine. I did the fix myself but the tape I bought at a Home Depot was too thick so the screen is no longer flush. Took it into a professional to do a proper fix yesterday.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-20-18 05:36 AM
    Ribbon was fine. I did the fix myself but the tape I bought at a Home Depot was too thick so the screen is no longer flush. Took it into a professional to do a proper fix yesterday.
    Yeah gotta use tape meant for smartphone fixing purposes. Shouldn't even be a mm thick
    04-20-18 05:53 AM
    The OEM soft shell case (rubber) is apparently the thinnest and most elegant, it also has a dimpled back supposedly adding grip. Also has the BlackBerry branding on bottom corner.

The problem?

Good luck finding one.

If you actually do find it, prepare to pay alot more than you should for a piece of rubber.
    That is funny I was reading a post a guy made about that case and how it is only sold in europe. Now I have to look for one. But I am pretty sure there as good of alternatives.
    04-20-18 09:27 AM
    Yeah gotta use tape meant for smartphone fixing purposes. Shouldn't even be a mm thick
    Hey the boon I just noticed you posted about the skinomi skin on the keyone. That is something I always wished there was for this phone but I understand it is not easy to make it stick to it. How was your experience with that? Did the skin stay gluead to the rubberized back? If you say good things about it I will buy that for sure lol
    04-20-18 09:50 AM
    Hey the boon I just noticed you posted about the skinomi skin on the keyone. That is something I always wished there was for this phone but I understand it is not easy to make it stick to it. How was your experience with that? Did the skin stay gluead to the rubberized back? If you say good things about it I will buy that for sure lol
    This is what I posted on another thread:

I ordered the skinomi carbon black skin for my KEYone (skinomi is the only brand that makes skins for this phone, they also have carbon Grey, pink, as well as light wood, dark wood and a few other "meh" colors).

Basically, my phone currently only had the part that covers the top block, and the one for the back panel. The pieces for the sides as well as the bottom didn't stick, and that's due either to me not using a hairdryer when applying, or just cause the frame has rounded sides (they should have been flat like on the Motion, which would have made the skin stick much more reliably).

The sticker for the top block hides most of the silver, but some is still seen underneath the speaker and around the camera and prox sensor glass. Definitely not full coverage like dbrand would have done.

As for the back cover, had some issues getting the sides to stick where the panel curves, but using a case did the trick as it applied the right constant pressure all around. Since it hides the BB logo, I ordered a chrome BlackBerry branding sticker and placed it right in the middle, as the panel felt too empty.

So... basically if you absolutely hate the silver at the top but don't wanna deal with swapping it out for the black edition part, and don't wanna paint it, this skin is the best option. It looks "alright" I guess..
    As for the grippy back, sorry but the skin doesn't make it grippy like the Priv at all, as it doesn't add any grippiness in my opinion but also doesn't take away any.
    04-20-18 11:18 AM
    This is what I posted on another thread:

I ordered the skinomi carbon black skin for my KEYone (skinomi is the only brand that makes skins for this phone, they also have carbon Grey, pink, as well as light wood, dark wood and a few other "meh" colors).

Basically, my phone currently only had the part that covers the top block, and the one for the back panel. The pieces for the sides as well as the bottom didn't stick, and that's due either to me not using a hairdryer when applying, or just cause the frame has rounded sides (they should have been flat like on the Motion, which would have made the skin stick much more reliably).

The sticker for the top block hides most of the silver, but some is still seen underneath the speaker and around the camera and prox sensor glass. Definitely not full coverage like dbrand would have done.

As for the back cover, had some issues getting the sides to stick where the panel curves, but using a case did the trick as it applied the right constant pressure all around. Since it hides the BB logo, I ordered a chrome BlackBerry branding sticker and placed it right in the middle, as the panel felt too empty.

So... basically if you absolutely hate the silver at the top but don't wanna deal with swapping it out for the black edition part, and don't wanna paint it, this skin is the best option. It looks "alright" I guess..
    As for the grippy back, sorry but the skin doesn't make it grippy like the Priv at all, as it doesn't add any grippiness in my opinion but also doesn't take away any.
    I actually enjoy the silver parts. However I am just trying to add a little something to the back panel to make it custom and unique. I had bought a ukarbon brown leather skin for my priv with silver accents for the camera and logo And man did it look awesome. I will post a picture of it. But that is what I am aiming to achieve with the keyone. Also you mentioned the sides and curves did not stick well. I can guarantee you that it is because you did not use a hair dryer. Here is a tip though. When applying a skin without a hair dryer, you can use a cleaning cloth or even just your fingers and rub around the edges. You create friction that way and in turn heat up the edges so they can shape around the edges and adhere to the surface. That is how I have done it on my priv and 1 year later it is still sticking rock solid lol.
    Last edited by mfk2901; 04-20-18 at 11:41 AM.
    04-20-18 11:26 AM
    Pics
    Attached Thumbnails How do I know if my KEYone won't have the screen lift issue?-114.jpg  
    04-20-18 11:31 AM
    Don't mind the scratches and spots. I don't use the priv anymore so I am not careful about keeping it clean
    Attached Thumbnails How do I know if my KEYone won't have the screen lift issue?-116.jpg  
    04-20-18 11:38 AM
    I just sent Ukarbon a message requesting a special skin for the keyone. I hope he answers positively about it lol
    Attached Thumbnails How do I know if my KEYone won't have the screen lift issue?-118.jpg  
    04-20-18 11:39 AM
    I just sent Ukarbon a message requesting a special skin for the keyone. I hope he answers positively about it lol
    Yeah so I honestly don't think you're gonna get that nice effect with skinomi and the KEYone. It surprises me that UKarbon made skins for all the older BB's but not the KEYone for some reason, even though it obviously outsold the Priv therefore more chances of ppl purchasing a skin.
    04-20-18 11:55 AM
34 12