Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I currently use a BlackBerry Passport but due to having to carry an Andriod phablet everywhere (SIM-free) for day-to-day apps as well as a work phone, I am amalgamating devices to a KEYone Black Edition. Life without BB10 is killing me already!

I bought Neutron Music Player a while back on my Passport and would like to transfer the licence to a new BlackBerry Leap for APTX Bluetooth streaming duties in the car, but how would I do this if I need to upgrade my actual phone and data to the KEYone?

Thanks in advance and apologies for the complicated problem.

Tim
    10-29-17 10:49 AM
    If you use the same BBID from your Passport to your Leap, all the apps will be available including Neutron Player (there will be some restrictions as far as compatibility between BB10 devices). So you don't have to worry about losing or repaying. However, these apps are NOT transferrable from BB10 devices to android devices such as the KeyONE.
    10-29-17 11:18 AM
    I currently use a BlackBerry Passport but due to having to carry an Andriod phablet everywhere (SIM-free) for day-to-day apps as well as a work phone, I am amalgamating devices to a KEYone Black Edition. Life without BB10 is killing me already!

I bought Neutron Music Player a while back on my Passport and would like to transfer the licence to a new BlackBerry Leap for APTX Bluetooth streaming duties in the car, but how would I do this if I need to upgrade my actual phone and data to the KEYone?

Thanks in advance and apologies for the complicated problem.

Tim
    You are kind of mixing two device changes in the thread. If you have purchased Android apps for the Passport, if you use the same Google ID (email, perhaps?), then you can download them again.

If you have BB World apps like Neutron on the Passport and move to another bb10 device (Leap???) then you might be able to transfer. I'm not really up on the change to BB ID's that was recently instituted. You may not be able to change BB 10 or BBM ids. And I don't recall if they are used for BB world purchases or not.

As indicated, BB10 apps from BB World will not work on the KeyOne or other BB or other Android devices.
    10-29-17 12:38 PM
    The most logical solution to me is create a new BBID for your KEYᴼᴺᴱ. so your purchases remain linked to your BB10 devices.
    10-29-17 02:07 PM
    Hi both,

Apologies if I confused things. To clarify:

I bought the BB10 version of Neutron a while ago for my Q10 and moved it to my Passport, which I now plan to replace. I recently bought a Leap as I intend for it to be a dedicated music player and so need to transfer Neutron across to it.

The Leap will never be used as a phone though so I will need to transfer all of my phone data (contacts, notes, etc) to the KEYone. I understand BB10 apps won't transfer to Android (I have been an Android user for much longer than I have been a BlackBerry fan) but have read a thread on here about transferring your phone data to Android as it doesn't work via BlackBerry Link.

My concern is how to transfer Neutron to the Leap and my phone data to the KEYone without losing any of the latter (which is much more important).

This would all be much less complicated if TCL simply put aptx on the KEYone!!
    10-29-17 02:29 PM
    Hi Denise,

Sadly nothing in my life ever ends up being simple or logical...

That sounds like a great idea but wouldn't I lose all my phone data if I did that? Also, would the new BBID work contrary to or with my existing Android account? I am much more financially committed to that OS.

If I end up having to buy Neutron again, as much as I prefer BB10 I would just buy an Android aptx phone and be done with it, although I'd rather not waste £5 for no reason!
    Last edited by mr_tg; 10-29-17 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Wrong username
    10-29-17 02:50 PM
    Data between BB10 devices (Passport) and KeyOne. There's a Content Transfer app that can move certain data. If you have a Gmail account and sync Contacts, Calendar, Email, then using that same account on the KeyOne will result in that data syncing up on the new device. Android and the Playstore use a different account/email than BB10. I THINK it is a different ID system.

I am less certain about how one currently moves Apps between BB10 devices. It may just be as easy as when you moved Neutron from the Q10 to the Passport but honestly I don't know.
    10-29-17 03:04 PM
    Data between BB10 devices (Passport) and KeyOne. There's a Content Transfer app that can move certain data. If you have a Gmail account and sync Contacts, Calendar, Email, then using that same account on the KeyOne will result in that data syncing up on the new device. Android and the Playstore use a different account/email than BB10. I THINK it is a different ID system.

I am less certain about how one currently moves Apps between BB10 devices. It may just be as easy as when you moved Neutron from the Q10 to the Passport but honestly I don't know.
    All of my phone data is on my Passport. Since converting to BB, my Android account is only used to download apps so I have no contacts, calendar appointments, etc on Android. It sounds like swapping is going to be nostalgic, like the old Nokia days...

The Q10 to Passport upgrade was via BlackBerry Link on my PC so as long as thay service hasn't been blocked, I expect no problems as it sets up your new phone and wipes your old one in a few clicks.
    10-29-17 04:38 PM
    Best bet is to email dev and ask, but most decent bb10 apps wouldnt be on android.
    *oops misread.* Can't delete on CB android tho.
    10-29-17 10:47 PM
    Best bet is to email dev and ask, but most decent bb10 apps wouldnt be on android.
    *oops misread.* Can't delete on CB android tho.
    Haha, no problem. Neutron is one of the few apps that is available on both.
    10-29-17 11:32 PM