The power button on my KeyOne is not working and I cannot get my phone to turn on. I have searched online and cannot find any discussion on how to remove the outer part of the frame that covers the buttons. Does the screen and keyboard need to be removed? If so that really stinks because both are liable to break.

It feels fine and it clicks as it always has but no power for me.

Worst case has anyone just tried shorting the two contacts coming from the power button to turn it on?
    Is there a setting that will enable the phone to turn on when you plug it in?

Thanks
    09-15-19 04:24 PM
    The power button on my KeyOne is not working and I cannot get my phone to turn on. I have searched online and cannot find any discussion on how to remove the outer part of the frame that covers the buttons. Does the screen and keyboard need to be removed? If so that really stinks because both are liable to break.

It feels fine and it clicks as it always has but no power for me.

Worst case has anyone just tried shorting the two contacts coming from the power button to turn it on?
    Is there a setting that will enable the phone to turn on when you plug it in?

Thanks
    Assuming it's like the Key 2, then only the back cover needs to be removed to access the internals and the buttons on the side.

Without a picture, I can't say for sure, but the description of this part sounds like it includes the buttons:
    https://inforesheniya.ru/aksessuary-...rry_KEYone/en/

Does a long press of the power button do anything? If you press and hold the power button and the volume down button at the same time, does the phone enter fastboot?

If none of that works, could try an autoloader to wipe the phone with the hope its a software glitch.
    09-15-19 08:25 PM
    Update:

I found one post that suggested giving the phone a slight twist while powering on and sure enough it worked but now all of the buttons are inop. At least it's on and I will just have to ensure I keep it charged until I can get more info on repair possibilities. Here is a photo of the chassis I found on an ebay auction.

How do I get to the power button?-s-l1600.jpg

As you can see the power ribbon cable is the one on the left. (The phone chassis is upside down.)
    I do not see any obvious way to remove the outer trim piece to get to the button

How do I get to the power button?-s-l1600.jpg

It looks like is just clips onto the frame but it's hard to tell and if I have to get under the screen and keyboard to get to it, I will just try and limp along for a few months until I decide what to do next.

TBH I have been frustrated with the Keyone. I REALLY miss my Passport and maybe I will give the Titan a try as I do like that phone size and shape though the loss of the capacitance keyboard was a bummer. My pipe dream was BB mobile announcing an Android Passport to compete with the Titan but that's not looking to happen.
    09-15-19 08:47 PM
    You shouldn't need to remove the screen or keyboard. Just the back panel and the motherboard. Maybe the battery if it's in the way.

But if you can't find just the buttons from online stores, and they only come preinstalled in the metal chassis, then of course you'll need to tear down the entire phone to transfer the screen and keyboard over to the new chassis.
    09-16-19 12:28 PM
    Update:

I found one post that suggested giving the phone a slight twist while powering on and sure enough it worked but now all of the buttons are inop. At least it's on and I will just have to ensure I keep it charged until I can get more info on repair possibilities. Here is a photo of the chassis I found on an ebay auction.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	127.4 KB 
ID:	446158

As you can see the power ribbon cable is the one on the left. (The phone chassis is upside down.)
    I do not see any obvious way to remove the outer trim piece to get to the button

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	116.3 KB 
ID:	446159

It looks like is just clips onto the frame but it's hard to tell and if I have to get under the screen and keyboard to get to it, I will just try and limp along for a few months until I decide what to do next.

TBH I have been frustrated with the Keyone. I REALLY miss my Passport and maybe I will give the Titan a try as I do like that phone size and shape though the loss of the capacitance keyboard was a bummer. My pipe dream was BB mobile announcing an Android Passport to compete with the Titan but that's not looking to happen.
    Gonna hafta vape a whole lot of THC before we see android Passport...
    09-18-19 10:43 AM