Upgraded to AAY819 a few weeks ago; seemed OK, but... Strange behaviour from KeyOne recently, Volume Down button does not work but Up button does, and on-screen volume controls work both directions. Also Power button sometimes does not work to e.g. Sleep, BUT I know button press is working because quick Power button double-tap activates Camera...

This morning switched it off (Power key worked!) to aid fast charge. When switched back on it came up in Safe Mode; when I pressed Power button and Restart, it showed the green Boot Menu.

There is no way to move on from the Boot Menu - Volume button does not change selection, and Power button does not cause any action. I can press-and-hold Power button for 10+ seconds, back to Boot Menu.

I have discovered that press-and-hold Power and Volume Up will allow it to boot - but only in to Safe Mode.

Any help appreciated.

Called Blackberry, after entering IMEI their automated system said "We didn't sell this to you - eff off." Charming. UK support agent not open on Saturday.
    06-02-18 09:44 AM
    Upgraded to AAY819 a few weeks ago; seemed OK, but... Strange behaviour from KeyOne recently, Volume Down button does not work but Up button does, and on-screen volume controls work both directions. Also Power button sometimes does not work to e.g. Sleep, BUT I know button press is working because quick Power button double-tap activates Camera...

This morning switched it off (Power key worked!) to aid fast charge. When switched back on it came up in Safe Mode; when I pressed Power button and Restart, it showed the green Boot Menu.

There is no way to move on from the Boot Menu - Volume button does not change selection, and Power button does not cause any action. I can press-and-hold Power button for 10+ seconds, back to Boot Menu.

I have discovered that press-and-hold Power and Volume Up will allow it to boot - but only in to Safe Mode.

Any help appreciated.

Called Blackberry, after entering IMEI their automated system said "We didn't sell this to you - eff off." Charming. UK support agent not open on Saturday.
    Try the full 32+ second reboot, it might get past that problem (or not). Press and HOLD the Power button for 32+ seconds and ignore the screen or any sounds or vibrations. Then let it reboot.
    06-02-18 10:28 AM
    Try the full 32+ second reboot, it might get past that problem (or not). Press and HOLD the Power button for 32+ seconds and ignore the screen or any sounds or vibrations. Then let it reboot.
    Thanks, but this won't work. Press and hold Power button goes to *buzz* after about 10+ seconds, then blank screen, then boot straight back into Boot Menu. In effect, there is no way to hold button for more than 10-or-so seconds as it just cycles back into Boot Menu while button is held down. EDIT : Actually, slightly different *buzz* sequence after 30+ seconds, but still goes into Boot Menu screen.
    Last edited by miasma-gas; 06-02-18 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Additional info
    06-02-18 01:53 PM
    Thanks, but this won't work. Press and hold Power button goes to *buzz* after about 10+ seconds, then blank screen, then boot straight back into Boot Menu. In effect, there is no way to hold button for more than 10-or-so seconds as it just cycles back into Boot Menu while button is held down.
    Well, do you still have a warranty? You might need it. Contact seller or use their email, twitter if the phone does not allow you in!
    06-02-18 02:14 PM
    Sounds like the down volume button is stuck in the "pressed" mode.
    miasma-gas likes this.
    06-02-18 02:16 PM
    when you do the 32+ second hold it will buzz 3 times... around 10 seconds between buzzes... after the third one, let go
    06-02-18 02:38 PM
    Sounds like the down volume button is stuck in the "pressed" mode.
    Yes. It did get splashed with water recently - I didn't think any got inside but looks like I might have been too optimistic.
    06-03-18 05:13 AM
    when you do the 32+ second hold it will buzz 3 times... around 10 seconds between buzzes... after the third one, let go
    Yup. And then press Power button again to start - and goes into Boot Menu again.
    06-03-18 05:14 AM
    Yup. And then press Power button again to start - and goes into Boot Menu again.
    NO !! Do nothing... once the 3rd buzz occurs do nothing, do not press any buttons, just wait for it to reboot
    miasma-gas likes this.
    06-03-18 09:31 AM
    NO !! Do nothing... once the 3rd buzz occurs do nothing, do not press any buttons, just wait for it to reboot
    Thanks for persevering! Success, and I'll give you the credit :

Put the phone in direct sunlight for an hour or so to warm it up, and then tried RLeeSimon's advice again and achieved successful boot. Volume Down button now working again too.

Thanks for responses, all. Not sure if it was the heat driving any stray moisture out, but problem resolved. Now, about that speakerphone bug...
    FF22 likes this.
    06-05-18 07:17 AM
    I have the same problem. I can't solve it following the instructions and I have two questions :
    1.After the 3rd buzz the screen must be on boot menu or I have to wait 2 more seconds so the screen switches off?
    2.How much time proximate do I have to wait to reboot itself?

Thank you..
    04-11-19 02:43 PM
    Speakerphone bug?
    04-11-19 02:58 PM
    I have the same probleme like miasma-gas .
    Volume Down button does not work.
    There is no way to move on from the Boot Menu - Volume button does not change selection.
    04-11-19 10:44 PM