I have duplicate contacts in two place (3000):

Local Contacts and a Gmail Acct

and

Microsoft Exchange email denoted by an "M" and that same email Acct which appears as just another email Acct.

How do I delete these thousands of Contacts in the "other" account without the painful process of long pressing them individually, thousands of times?
    07-16-17 03:57 PM
    Are you sure they're actually duplicates or is it just showing you the contacts from ALL places/resoruces connected to your device? By default, it will show all places and resources but if you disable displaying some of them the 'duplicates' (which are not REALLY duplicates) will disappear.
    07-16-17 04:33 PM
    You can also use the Merge function in Contacts. IMO, there is (and hasn't been) and reason to have Local contacts. They aren't backed up anywhere and can be lost if the device is lost, stolen or broken. Keeping all your contacts in your Gmail account will ensure they are available on all your devices, synced automatically, and backed up automatically. Restoring on a new device is as simple as logging in.
    deezus48 likes this.
    07-16-17 06:00 PM
    Hi. Go into contacts, then the 3 bars, select settings then turn off the accounts you do not want to be on shown.
    07-16-17 07:05 PM
    YIKERS becareful as alot of people misdeleted alot of info tHis way! Me too in my calendar entries! Double check which Contacts data base is showing 1st before deleting em! You can always turn off accounts you don't want to see!
    FF22 likes this.
    07-16-17 07:29 PM
    If you delete your Gmail contacts on your phone, you will also delete them in Gmail. Are you sure that's what you want? If so, it's easiest to delete them on the desktop (backup first!), and they will disappear from all the devices you use to access Gmail.
    07-17-17 03:36 PM
    You can also use the Merge function in Contacts. IMO, there is (and hasn't been) and reason to have Local contacts. They aren't backed up anywhere and can be lost if the device is lost, stolen or broken. Keeping all your contacts in your Gmail account will ensure they are available on all your devices, synced automatically, and backed up automatically. Restoring on a new device is as simple as logging in.
    When you merge contacts, where do the contacts save to? The device or the associated Gmail account?
    07-17-17 04:50 PM
    When you merge contacts, where do the contacts save to? The device or the associated Gmail account?
    I believe to your Gmail account by default, but you might be offered a choice.
    deezus48 likes this.
    07-17-17 07:37 PM