I can not make this work. When I select Group in Contacts it does not allow me to select email address from all my Contacts.

How do I do this?
    09-03-18 01:58 PM
    So here is the issue! When trying to add a email address in Groups in Contacts it is allowing only email addresses on the device. So there is no way to use all my contacts synced from the icloud account.

Since all my contacts are synced (I only have a couple of local contacts) I can not add any emails to a distribution list from all my contacts.

There is no way to create a distribution list from the HUB.

Is there any way to create a distribution list from all your synced contacts.

Also noticed that Contacts on the device are not synced with my iCloud contacts. It seems sync only goes one way.

Comments, ideas?
    Last edited by R1945; 09-04-18 at 11:34 AM.
    09-03-18 03:05 PM
    So when trying to add contacts to my group the Keyone is only allowing contacts on my device. It is not allowing me to add contacts from my synced accounts. How do I get all my contacts on my device.How do I create an email distribution list using Contacts?-screenshot_20180904-083533.jpg

I have about 60 contacts on the keyone and groups is allowing me to choose only two that I added directly to the keyone. None on my synced contacts are available.

Comments
    09-04-18 11:39 AM
    It could be a limitation in iCloud (it is Apple, after all). You may need to export your contacts from iCloud to a file, then import that file using the Contacts app. I do not know the process of exporting iCloud contacts.
    09-04-18 12:56 PM
    I agree that it may be an iCloud issue. My contacts are synched with MS Exchange, no local contacts whatsoever, and I can create groups without any problems.
    09-04-18 02:43 PM
    Hm. I use the Contacts app from Google, which is what the pre-installed Contacts app is based on. What I can do is tap the menu button at the top left > tap "All Contacts". It may have "Device" selected when making groups.
    09-04-18 04:01 PM
    I think there is a bug with Groups and Keyone. When I try to add a contact to a group it only allows me to select from Contacts saved on the device. I have two. All the others, 65 of them are synced with icloud, windows, etc. via icloud. The Keyone allows to specify my iCloud account, email so syncing between the iCloud, and Keyone works perfectly.

The workaround is select the + to add a Contact to the Group, and then search using almost any letter.

That will pull up the synced accounts and you can select and add to the Group. It takes several searches because there is no way to pull up the entire synced contact list.

Anyway then in the HUB you can select the group.

How do I create an email distribution list using Contacts?-screenshot_20180904-140024.jpg

The BUG is:

When you input a name and select + only local contacts are select-able.
    There is no way to list the synced contacts.

Leave the input line empty, hit +, then use the search to find synced contacts.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-04-18 05:06 PM