10-11-17 04:49 PM
29 12
tools
    I am struggling with notifications being defined at the app level. I want to be able to quickly select notification profiles for different contexts such as "Phone calls only," "Office," "Meetings," "Home," etc. like I could in BB10, then toggle them easily throughout the day.

So far, it looks like I have to edit notifications in each individual app. I know I must be missing something, because it's inconceivable that I can't quickly change notifications as a group for different contexts.

Please help.
    You can achieve similar notifications as the BB10 but Android does not have a Global system. so you need to go to each app and also in system and notifications to manage the notifications. Unbelievable but true. once set, it is cumbersome to change. so choose wisely. you are not missing anything. I do not use third party app. BB10 was conceived for business users. Android was conceived for consumers and easy third party app design. the world is driven by consumerism.
    10-11-17 07:30 AM
    You can achieve similar notifications as the BB10 but Android does not have a Global system. so you need to go to each app and also in system and notifications to manage the notifications. Unbelievable but true. once set, it is cumbersome to change. so choose wisely. you are not missing anything. I do not use third party app. BB10 was conceived for business users. Android was conceived for consumers and easy third party app design. the world is driven by consumerism.
    LOL. So, when I'm headed into a business meeting, I'll just pop into all my apps and adjust the permissions for each, then I'll do the same thing after the meeting, when I get home, etc.

I've figured out Android's strategy. They want me to carry multiple devices for each context rather than quickly configure one! Brilliant!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    MissBerri and Vladislavt like this.
    10-11-17 11:57 AM
    LOL. So, when I'm headed into a business meeting, I'll just pop into all my apps and adjust the permissions for each, then I'll do the same thing after the meeting, when I get home, etc.

I've figured out Android's strategy. They want me to carry multiple devices for each context rather than quickly configure one! Brilliant!

To be fair, Android has priority mode, plus BlackBerry Android also has meeting mode.
    10-11-17 04:38 PM
    To be fair, Android has priority mode, plus BlackBerry Android also has meeting mode.
    That's true. But it's still a single scenario. I can't set an emergency profile AND a priority profile, and I can't easily adjust what "priority" should mean in different contexts.

I think BlackBerry has the situation handled reasonable well in the Hub for Android, where I can set multiple profiles and manage alerts. At least they seem to understand that I want my phone to have a different set of alerts in different situations.

10-11-17 04:49 PM
29 12