Is there a way to call up the arrow buttons on the screen without double tapping the physical keyboard? The touch ability of my keyboard isn't working consistently well.
    anon(10250369) likes this.
    06-30-17 04:40 PM
    The arrow keys are just an add-on by BlackBerry to help us with cursor placement. It's not a standard feature on Android. Some VKB add this feature and some don't and you have to move the cursor with your finger on the screen.

I'd be rather worried why the touch ability is inconsistent on your device. For me it works 10/10.

You can use third-party keyboard to use their on-screen arrows if you want to.
    06-30-17 08:43 PM
    I had the issue at first knightfall, but what I've found is that you have to make sure you lift your thumb completely between taps. Even if you're technically off of it, if it's very close I think the capacitive nature of the keyboard will still sense your thumb and will not register the double tap. So try double tapping kind of in an exaggerated way. Worked for me.
    anon(10250369) likes this.
    06-30-17 09:31 PM
    The arrow keys are just an add-on by BlackBerry to help us with cursor placement. It's not a standard feature on Android. Some VKB add this feature and some don't and you have to move the cursor with your finger on the screen.

I'd be rather worried why the touch ability is inconsistent on your device. For me it works 10/10.

You can use third-party keyboard to use their on-screen arrows if you want to.
    Yeah, I knew it was a BlackBerry addition and not from Android.

I am concerned about why my touch ability isn't working well. I feel mine is a defect, but I won't do any warranty claims until BlackBerry Mobile stocks up again with everyone.

I was hoping for a alternative in the meantime with regards to calling up the arrows.
    07-02-17 09:10 PM
    double tap or long press on the text field to bring up the cursor using the touchscreen. i don't have my Priv to test this but worth a try.
    07-02-17 09:23 PM
    I had the issue at first knightfall, but what I've found is that you have to make sure you lift your thumb completely between taps. Even if you're technically off of it, if it's very close I think the capacitive nature of the keyboard will still sense your thumb and will not register the double tap. So try double tapping kind of in an exaggerated way. Worked for me.
    I was also having trouble getting this feature to work. I'd do light taps at a short distance and moderate pace. It rarely worked. However, now I see it works well if I exaggerate the gesture and really whack the keyboard. Also, a faster pace seems more effective. It could be more of a pace issue for me, since I don't have to go so far as long as I tap very fast.
    07-02-17 10:37 PM
    Is there a way to call up the arrow buttons on the screen without double tapping the physical keyboard? The touch ability of my keyboard isn't working consistently well.
    I was having the same issue (double-tap not always working), then after updating bbkeyboard app from playstore (I've disabled automatic updates) now the double-tap is working perfectly.
    WTF67 likes this.
    07-03-17 03:32 AM