02-13-19 07:06 PM
61 123
tools
    How do I disable the convenience key to act as a mute button? I keep pressing accidentally while on call and end up leaving the other end screaming for a reply. It's happening way too often and I was wondering if I could somehow disable it.
    06-02-17 11:28 PM
    I've been trying to set mine to nothing too. I don't see an option for it even though I read the bb bold had one. . I set mine to ringer volume. Seems to not be too annoying now on accidental hits. Which are frequent
    That70sGAdawg likes this.
    06-02-17 11:33 PM
    And I want to disable the conv key in general because my car's cell holder grabs the phone right on this key
    06-02-17 11:33 PM
    Duh, I was wondering why the person I phoned today on my KEYone couldn't hear me all of a sudden. I phoned back three times with the same result. I now figure I was pressing the convenience key as she kept saying all of a sudden she couldn't hear me. Now that is a pain in the butt.
    06-03-17 12:27 AM
    There has to be a solution to this. It can be frustrating since I hold the phone with my left hand when talking on the phone!
    06-03-17 12:41 AM
    I want it disabled entirely too. Too many hits in the middle of trying to do something. It Needs a software update, or I'm not sure I can use this phone.
    06-03-17 12:45 AM
    And I want to disable the conv key in general because my car's cell holder grabs the phone right on this key
    Vice grips?

I want that button gone. The mute in calls SUCKS. I have it set to nothing, then when I push it, it asks to configure it. How about....I set it to nothing, to do nothing? Stop asking me to assign it a purpose!
    06-03-17 12:45 AM
    I didn't realize the inconvenience button muted calls till now. I was wondering why it kept muting. Please please update this to be disabled. How did they not know people would hit it by accident? I hit the. Button with either the hand.
    06-03-17 01:00 AM
    You guys are holding the phone the wrong way.....cough cough.... iPhone 4.
    jakie55 and mbirth like this.
    06-03-17 01:11 AM
    It is stupid that it cannot be disabled. Fix it BB, or I will be changing phones again.
    07-31-17 12:57 AM
    Go to Settings>Convenience Key and press "Clear" where it shows the current item/ app assigned to the key and close Settings. That clears the key and when pressed, it does nothing. Worked for my KEYone.
    07-31-17 01:42 AM
    Go to Settings>Convenience Key and press "Clear" where it shows the current item/ app assigned to the key and close Settings. That clears the key and when pressed, it does nothing. Worked for my KEYone.
    With the newest update they allowed it to be disabled. Before when you pressed the conv key it would ask what you want it to do every time.

But it's still muting the call. Any ideas?
    07-31-17 05:08 AM
    Afraid not. I have a case on my KEYone that makes the button less easy to press accidentally so haven't really had the issue of muting a call. Thought that clearing the key would solve it but apparently not. Maybe someone can comment on it. Good luck
    07-31-17 09:43 AM
    I have the same problem, in most of my phone calls I mute them accidentally!
    07-31-17 06:08 PM
    I guess I'm the only one that likes it. Lol
    07-31-17 10:52 PM
    I'm constantly triggering call mute when I'm on a cal!...Just gotta remember to hold the phone certain way when on a call as to not press that darn mute key! .sooooo annoying!!!
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 08-05-17 at 09:08 AM.
    08-01-17 04:56 AM
    It's in a convenient place if you want to press it, but all the rest of the time it's inconvenient and a terrible idea! I hate that button more than I hate food takeaways screwing up my order
    FF22 likes this.
    08-05-17 04:09 AM
    I'm a fan of the mute key during calls. Beats having to take the phone away from my ear and select mute and then the same for turning mute off. The convenience key helps me mute the caller without losing out on any part of the conversation.
    terminatorx likes this.
    08-05-17 09:26 AM
    I don't understand the complaints in this thread. There are people who praise the mute button on BBOS and BB10, and here it's being criticized.

As ridiculous as it sounds, I guess you really need to be more careful on how you hold your phone then. If you keep pressing the mute button, why blame BlackBerry?

Personally I like this function. I guess you can't make everyone happy, and people will always find something to complain about.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    08-05-17 09:35 AM
    I don't understand the complaints in this thread. There are people who praise the mute button on BBOS and BB10, and here it's being criticized.

As ridiculous as it sounds, I guess you really need to be more careful on how you hold your phone then. If you keep pressing the mute button, why blame BlackBerry?

Personally I like this function. I guess you can't make everyone happy, and people will always find something to complain about.
    Yes, that does sound ridiculous that I really need to be more careful on how I hold my phone. I shouldn't have to be watching out for the mute button when in a conversation. I don't understand how the engineers didn't notice this. I guess the designers don't use the keyone, they would of had a disable option by now.
    08-05-17 10:06 AM
    Yes, that does sound ridiculous that I really need to be more careful on how I hold my phone. I shouldn't have to be watching out for the mute button when in a conversation. I don't understand how the engineers didn't notice this. I guess the designers don't use the keyone, they would of had a disable option by now.
    Did someone have to teach you how to chew bubble gum too, not to bite your tongue accidentally?
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    08-05-17 10:07 AM
    There's a field called ergonomics. It makes sure that a design functions as intended. It is quite possible that the mute key was placed in the wrong position depending on which hand folks use and/or how they hold the phone or tightly grasp it.
    Mtro likes this.
    08-05-17 10:16 AM
    I am a fairly typical cell phone user, and I have accidentally muted every single call I have ever made on my KEYone. I am now phobic about making calls on it. I try very hard to keep my hand away from that button without success.
    08-05-17 11:14 AM
    No need to be critical of the ones who have trouble with this button. All we want is to be able to disable it
    kitmo and steveBlackB like this.
    08-05-17 12:12 PM
    No need to be critical of the ones who have trouble with this button. All we want is to be able to disable it
    Exactly. A disable option won't affect those that like the button. It's a legitimate gripe. I would bet more people than not don't like the mute button location. It's a simple software fix. Are you listening Blackberry?
    kitmo and Andrannoyed like this.
    08-05-17 12:33 PM
61 123