I was nebbing around the phone and checked my storage card and it showed a lot of apps living there. I never chose a destination. I moved them all back to internal storage and then I formatted the card. I put my photos back on there. Where in the settings do I choose to have apps installed to Internal Storage and not my card?
    06-14-17 01:29 PM
    I suspect you're confusing apps with app data.
    06-14-17 01:36 PM
    I suspect you're confusing apps with app data.
    Really? Well for instance my FB app was slow to load or change pages and such and that is one of the ones I found on my card. After moving it back to internal storage it runs super fast now. Maybe I need a faster card? It is about 2 years old San Disk
    06-14-17 02:22 PM
    As I recall the only way to have apps install themselves on your SD card is to enable developer mode. Some apps do allow you to choose where their data is stored.
    dollface likes this.
    06-14-17 02:27 PM
    When I first inserted my SD card I was prompted if I wanted to use it as internal storage (true extension of the 32 Gb) in which case the SD card is useless outside the phone. the other option was as external storage that you can move to other devices, etc. I chose the latter.
    I've gone back to the settings under settings - storage - SD card and there is still an option under Storage Settings to format as internal or just format (external).

so maybe the option that indicates just "Format" could work for you? that way if it was accidentally formatted as internal storage that will revert it (upon backing up of course)...
    06-14-17 10:39 PM
    Yes, the SD card must have been formatted as Adoptable Storage. I didn't think you'd be able to distinguish Internal memory from SD card file locations after that.

This would also explain the improved speed of the apps after reformatting the SD card. Once a card is formatted as adoptable storage, any new apps are automatically installed on the slower SD card.
    dollface likes this.
    06-14-17 11:41 PM