Home CrackBerry Q&A > BlackBerry KEYone

How to change default gallery on keyone

Asked: Jul 20 2018 | 11:51 am EDT 3376 Views 10 Answers View Best Answer

Hi.

I just got the Keyone and am accepting what I hate about it. It's been one week, or less...

I am hating google photos; it's confusing and invasive.

Online, I read downloading "Piktures App" is a good choice, so I have that installed, and it's looking customised and good! - but how do I (basically) turn off google pictures, and set Piktures as my default?
I do NOT want double trouble. Lol

(Also, as an aside, I have one mp3 file, and I *think* that also stores in google downloads; the problem I'm having, is that the files are big giant thumbnails, where there are 4 to a screen; can I have them all in a neat and efficient list, somewhere, separating mp3's from jpgs, etc? Is there a "File Manager"? #confusing )

I just care about art, and music, and emailing.💃

So far, these three things are not yet streamlined and straightforward; I am genuinely missing the size and functionality of my BBQ10.

Thanks for the assist. ✌

Best Answer

Jul 20 2018 | 3:03 pm EDT coffee-turtle

Welcome to Android.
You can uninstall Google Photos.
The default File Manager is called "Files".
Open Files app
Go into the category you want to see (Audio in this case)
Hit the three dots in the top right hand corner
Tap List View (toggles between Grid View - which you don't want)

Hope this helps.

More Answers

Jul 20 2018 | 6:03 pm EDT MardiShakti

Oh great - thank you.

I've found the files folder, and they are all streamlined, neat and tidy. No "three dots", but I clicked Audio - which did have three dots - and my one song is also default list view; very nice.

I would have cropped the pic, but I'm not savvy, yet, and have included it for anyone who comes across this thread, because I always find these threads valuable, and used to watch and not participate due to technical complications.

As for google-pics; I think I was only able to 'disable' it, rather than uninstall - but the icon's disappeared from Home, so I think I'm free - lol.

See you around, CB's! 🍒

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to change default gallery on keyone-screenshot_20180721-084949.jpg  
Jul 20 2018 | 6:48 pm EDT anon(4297019)

Hi.

I just got the Keyone and am accepting what I hate about it. It's been one week, or less...

I am hating google photos; it's confusing and invasive.

Online, I read downloading "Piktures App" is a good choice, so I have that installed, and it's looking customised and good! - but how do I (basically) turn off google pictures, and set Piktures as my default?
I do NOT want double trouble. Lol
Try BlackBerry Gallery as your photo app. Get it here:
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/blackb...-23-0-release/

Jul 21 2018 | 5:53 am EDT coffee-turtle

Oh great - thank you.

I've found the files folder, and they are all streamlined, neat and tidy. No "three dots", but I clicked Audio - which did have three dots - and my one song is also default list view; very nice.

I would have cropped the pic, but I'm not savvy, yet, and have included it for anyone who comes across this thread, because I always find these threads valuable, and used to watch and not participate due to technical complications.

As for google-pics; I think I was only able to 'disable' it, rather than uninstall - but the icon's disappeared from Home, so I think I'm free - lol.

See you around, CB's! ������
Glad to help! I forgot to mention about clicking into the folder first, but yup that's it.

Enjoy!

Jul 22 2018 | 2:23 pm EDT anon(4297019)

Thank you!

Was not able to figure out how to click download or install... 🤕
Scroll down to where you see Download Apk. Then follow the instructions once downloaded. You will have to open Security in settings and turn on Unknown Sources. Don't forget to turn it back off when you're finished downloading!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to change default gallery on keyone-10284.jpg  
Jul 25 2018 | 6:43 pm EDT MardiShakti

Scroll down to where you see Download Apk. Then follow the instructions once downloaded. You will have to open Security in settings and turn on Unknown Sources. Don't forget to turn it back off when you're finished downloading!
Thanks you! I'm quite into Piktures, now - it has a secret locker for private photos.

However - is there an .apk for BlackBerry Music Player?

So far, nothing compares... am using Black Player, and it's confusing.

Jul 25 2018 | 7:08 pm EDT anon(4297019)

Thanks you! I'm quite into Piktures, now - it has a secret locker for private photos.

However - is there an .apk for BlackBerry Music Player?

So far, nothing compares... am using Black Player, and it's confusing.
There is no BlackBerry Music app unfortunately.
Concerning private pictures, that is already baked into the BlackBerry android software. When taking a photo just use the space bar instead of the shutter circle and the photo is placed into a private locker that is password/fingerprint protected.

Jul 25 2018 | 9:16 pm EDT MardiShakti

Concerning private pictures, that is already baked into the BlackBerry android software. When taking a photo just use the space bar instead of the shutter circle and the photo is placed into a private locker that is password/fingerprint protected.
Oh wow; will have to try that out.

Jul 25 2018 | 9:17 pm EDT MardiShakti

Also, re: BB Music: that is unfortunate.

Thanks.