137 ... 456
tools
    It's russia.
    05-30-17 04:01 PM
    Read my post and don't buy this phone.
    Red line across display

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...9&share_type=t
    05-30-17 04:09 PM
    Man, you're like writing again what has already been written a hundred times here. That's not what I mean at all. I'm not talking about issues being pandemic. I don't expect that most units will lose their screen in just a matter of time. What I mean is that if there are only very few KEYones around being used, and quite a lot issues have already emerged, we can suspect that nobody really checks the build quality or it is not done properly. How do you feel about paying 599 € for a device that might have any possible defect because nobody cared to check the quality? Did you understand my point this time?
    I'm not like writing again, I am writing again. And not only that, I'm repeating myself not once, but now twice. And I'm repeating what others have already written, and probably some of them have repeated themselves once or twice as well. The reason is it seems to need repeating over and over.

Few KEYOone devices around? Can you name a BlackBerry device in recent memory that has been other than a few devices around?

Can you name a BlackBerry device that hasn't had issues "emerge" on the forums?

Do you know how many of the issues are real issues to real people?

How do I feel about paying 599 euros for a device that might have any possible defect.....? Seriously,? I've already mentioned I've been doing this a long time, and I spend my money on my personal devices. Do you think they were cheap? But what's that have to do with the argument about whether you should be alarmed and panic?

The argument that I'm making, and that others are making, is that the forums give you a warped picture of reality, making it impossible for you to understand your risk.

So, yes, man, like I get your point, like I really do. I think you are the one not getting it.

But if your worried, go read other forums and find the device you like that has no reported issues. Stay away from any make and model that some people (real or not) report as having a defect or poor build quality (real or not).
    05-30-17 04:33 PM
    Read my post and don't buy this phone.
    Red line across display

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...9&share_type=t
    http://www.petervis.com/gallery/hard...%20repair.html

Go get replacement unit. That is why I prefer to buy in store. Used to go to store to check laptop, check line out, unidormity, viewing angle and count for dead pixels, (you allow to have 5-7 dead or stuck on pixels per regular size lcd per laptop, etc. That usually drive the sales guy crazy. Line out is not uncommon, upon shipping, somehow the ribbon connector might be stressed one way or the other. If I were you, I just get another, or wait until your area got the unit, buy from the store. (except in China, they wouldn't even allow you to touch the demo unit, and refuse to sell you the demo unit -it got extra ram as listed product, and run the game well - an i-mac, this was before apple open store in China. Glad they did it for a good reason).

Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 04:40 PM
    Well, it depends. He is trying to get a refund which seems to be a big deal.
    He had 11 complaints in an earlier thread. Then a small drop and another thread.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-17 02:27 AM
    Watch my video folks and don't repeat my mistake and invest in anything designed "in house" by BlackBerry.
    06-03-17 03:16 AM
    Watch my video folks and don't repeat my mistake and invest in anything designed "in house" by BlackBerry.
    This is a screen issue. BlackBerry/TCL/BlackBerry Mobile doesn't design screens.

Since all KEYone's are still under warranty, perhaps you should contact the seller and see about getting a replacement. If you bought via eBay, try contacting BlackBerry Mobile directly. Go look up the reviews on Amazon. BlackBerry Mobile has been actively answering questions and provides an 800 number to offer replacement assistance for issues like this.
    06-03-17 08:34 PM
    It's russia.
    Yeah the Russians have been colluding with competitors to make the KEYone launch look bad! That's definitely it. Watch CNN for more details.
    06-03-17 09:40 PM
    https://blog.dell.com/en-us/lcd-lines-common-causes/
    as i mentioned before, shipping or any extra stress might cause line out. you should return it and get it replaced. or better wait for your region store has the phone and buy from local (large shipping packaged differently than each individual. it usually got better protection - the lost to the shipper is great, it pay more attention to keep the units protected). IMHO
    06-06-17 08:16 AM
    As long as the phone is under warranty, defects are a none issue, return for a replacement or refund!

EndRacism
    06-06-17 01:03 PM
    Yeah, i doubt a lot of these issues we're reading about are 100% BBM's fault. I understand extreme conditions and all, but I still scratch my head every time i see a "bend resistance" video. I mean, yeah I can see some air heads forgetting they put their phone in their back pocket and setting down and breaking it. But, i really think some people just need to chill out and stop being so scatter brained. People leave their phones in the most unusual places and then something will happen to them and then it's all the sudden the manufactures fault. Your dog chewed on your phone and it stopped working some how...well no sh!t! I bet it's only a small number of defected phones out there.
    06-06-17 01:58 PM
    ditto no issues yet. very surprised of the quality.
    06-06-17 02:07 PM
137 ... 456