Okay, I know that if the device is faulty it can be returned under warranty. I know that there are many KEYones with no issues. But that's not what I'm talking about.

I wonder how is that possible that so many issues have already appeared? How many more issues are we going to see over time? The whole release is a farce so far and it seems that not enough work was put in preparing the phone. And I try very hard not to be a naysayer.
    Best to sit back for 4-6 months to decide if you still want to purchase is all you can do. Hopefully the KEYone won't be a Priv!
    05-28-17 06:12 PM
    I've dropped it many times even on concrete, but it has still lasted on me.
    That was a *feature* of the old Motorola-built units, back in the day.

You could skip that thing across the parking lot, and it wouldn't so much as scratch--let alone stop working or have any problems at all.

I dropped mine in puddles. No problems.

Ah, those were the days.
    05-28-17 06:16 PM
    Okay, I know that if the device is faulty it can be returned under warranty. I know that there are many KEYones with no issues. But that's not what I'm talking about.

I wonder how is that possible that so many issues have already appeared? How many more issues are we going to see over time? The whole release is a farce so far and it seems that not enough work was put in preparing the phone. And I try very hard not to be a naysayer.

I am the UK KeyOne owner who's screen fell out. I totally agree with you, up until my screen falling off, I was happy, but now..... I am tempted to get a refund while I can and wait (maybe years) for a good quality qwerty phone.

I can not work knowing my phone may have to be sent in for various documented issues, I hate having to keep switching between iPhone/BB
    05-28-17 06:27 PM
    It's 8 years old. That's Nokia quality. I believe it's justified to be dying.
    What is the model of Nokia phone that you have been using?

Passport. SQW100-1 OS 10.3.3.2163
    05-28-17 06:31 PM
    Thank you, at least one person here can read and contribute to the discussion! That's exactly my point nobody wants to see, I don't know, maybe they don't care or try to love BlackBerry too much. Wow, it took 45 posts to get one that's valuable. If this place is now an official BBM support place, well, bad for BBM.

To be fair, I didn't start the topic because I'm afraid to buy the KEYone. I am buying it no matter what, my current phone is almost dead and I need a relevant QWERTY phone. I am just concerned about how almost 2 years of preparing concluded with a phone that has several big issues. I am not a person that will change the phone next year, I want the K1 to last long and that's why I am horrified to see so many issues emerging within 4 weeks since the release. How many more might be there yet to emerge is a big question.
    Well, sadly some people are too defensive about BlackBerry because they feel if someone doesn't pray the device, it's either trolling or user error... some people don't realize than wishing the brand and device to success, doesn't exclude that you run into an issue or disagree with certain strategy... however, this is a great community, but nothing is perfect... I do see your point, seems like too many different quality control issues in few weeks... could be just coincidence, or maybe not... at least I will recommend you to buy it from a store with a solid and clear return policy and / or using a credit card with purchase protection, to cover yourself if things go sour... where are you located?
    MikeX74 likes this.
    05-28-17 06:33 PM
    I am really starting to worry as more and more issues emerge daily. I've preordered my KEYone, it should be here in a week or two (or maybe seven), but all the excitement I've had ever since the first rumours had appeared is now getting killed with the issues being reported. And it can't be said that there are always some faulty devices. It's okay when talking about a phone sold in 5 or 6-digit amounts, but not when there are probably only a few hundred being used so far.

Several people reporting that physical keys are not working, that there are problems with a mic, that battery gets worse after a few days. There are single cases of screen falling out, camera not working, device not loading, and some other issues I'm losing track of.

How is that even possible with a device having been worked on for more than a year before announcement and being delivered a few months after that announcement? With such a long time we should expect the phone to be as issue-free as possible (especially for the price) and it's far from that.

What do you, guys, think? How can there be so many issues?
    Don't worry, the people with issues are always the ones to talk about it. People who are happy tend to be happy and that's it. That's why forums tend to track one way........deep breath......and enjoy.
    05-28-17 06:36 PM
    What is the model of Nokia phone that you have been using?

Nokia N97. The biggest issue I've ever had was one of the buzzers worn out after probably 4 years. Now the phone starts dying just in the final weeks of my waiting for KEYone.
    05-28-17 06:36 PM
    Well, sadly some people are too defensive about BlackBerry because they feel if someone doesn't pray the device, it's either trolling or user error... some people don't realize than wishing the brand and device to success, doesn't exclude that you run into an issue or disagree with certain strategy... however, this is a great community, but nothing is perfect... I do see your point, seems like too many different quality control issues in few weeks... could be just coincidence, or maybe not... at least I will recommend you to buy it from a store with a solid and clear return policy and / or using a credit card with purchase protection, to cover yourself if things go sour... where are you located?
    Poland and have to buy it from abroad as Polish distributor is unreliable and adds 25% to the price. I've preordered from one of the biggest shops in Slovakia, I bought from them in the past but never had to return anything.

Maybe I should wait for Amazon.de to have them in stock.
    05-28-17 06:40 PM
    Poland and have to buy it from abroad as Polish distributor is unreliable and adds 25% to the price. I've preordered from one of the biggest shops in Slovakia, I bought from them in the past but never had to return anything.
    Mmmm... I would contact them, and see how they work if you run into a problem, what's the return policy... maybe by email or chat so you have a backup of the conversation if later someone else doesn't recognize that policy... also, as I said before, some credit cards have this useful benefit where if you pay in full with that card and the store doesn't accept a return, then you can claim this item to the credit card and they would reimburse you the money (awesome, isn't it?)... I have this benefit in an American Express, a Discover, and I believe also in a Capital One card... check out your card's benefits, maybe you can use one of them this way... good luck!
    eldeadache likes this.
    05-28-17 06:50 PM
    Mmmm... I would contact them, and see how they work if you run into a problem, what's the return policy... maybe by email or chat so you have a backup of the conversation if later someone else doesn't recognize that policy... also, as I said before, some credit cards have this useful benefit where if you pay in full with that card and the store doesn't accept a return, then you can claim this item to the credit card and they would reimburse you the money (awesome, isn't it?)... I have this benefit in an American Express, a Discover, and I believe also in a Capital One card... check out your card's benefits, maybe you can use one of them this way... good luck!
    Thank you, I'll be checking all the possibilities you've mentioned.
    05-28-17 06:52 PM
    Nokia N97. The biggest issue I've ever had was one of the buzzers worn out after probably 4 years. Now the phone starts dying just in the final weeks of my waiting for KEYone.
    It's great that you only had the one issue (buzzer). However in relation to the alarmist content of this thread, I just did a 5 minute search on N97 issues. Back in 2009/2010 there were numerous complaints about charging problems, touch screen problems, data connection and back up problems just to start. Obviously the phone was not perfect to all but it seems to have worked out well for you. Stop worrying and go get your KEYone!

05-28-17 07:06 PM
    Im not sure i wonder where they were made
    05-28-17 07:35 PM
    Is it time for a poll? I, for one, would like to see a forum poll that beeaks out the most commonly reported problems along with totals.

Moderators?
    Why? There have been maybe a few hundred or possibly thousand devices sold thus far. A poll should be started when the device is actually available globally when many more people have had time with the phone.
    05-28-17 09:37 PM
    Have you met the Note 7?
    05-28-17 09:47 PM
    Why? There have been maybe a few hundred or possibly thousand devices sold thus far. A poll should be started when the device is actually available globally when many more people have had time with the phone.
    Well, there seems to be some here who feel the K1s suffer from a higher defect rate than would be normal at this early stage ... whereas others strongly disagree. Here in the USA we don't yet have a dog in this fight since we have no idea where we'll be allowed to buy it or even when. But i woukd think a poll would help put some perspective on the QA issue.
    05-28-17 09:48 PM
    The answer is simple. QC is done on a statistical basis. Nobody samples 100% of the manufactured product for defects unless absolutely required and even that only happens for a short period of time. Hence, you get many issues that slip through. As long as "many" is a low percent, say less than 2%, nobody cares. Of course, you as the potential consumer buying one of those 2% of devices may feel otherwise.
    05-29-17 12:03 AM
    Here in the USA we don't yet have a dog in this fight since we have no idea where we'll be allowed to buy it or even when.
    I know... but I've been paying attention.
    05-29-17 04:28 AM
    Well, there seems to be some here who feel the K1s suffer from a higher defect rate than would be normal at this early stage ... whereas others strongly disagree. Here in the USA we don't yet have a dog in this fight since we have no idea where we'll be allowed to buy it or even when. But i woukd think a poll would help put some perspective on the QA issue.
    It's being mentioned numerous times that Amazon and Best Buy will sell it on 31 May.

Posted via CB10 with my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2205.
    05-29-17 05:00 AM
    I am really starting to worry as more and more issues emerge daily. I've preordered my KEYone, it should be here in a week or two (or maybe seven), but all the excitement I've had ever since the first rumours had appeared is now getting killed with the issues being reported. And it can't be said that there are always some faulty devices. It's okay when talking about a phone sold in 5 or 6-digit amounts, but not when there are probably only a few hundred being used so far.

Several people reporting that physical keys are not working, that there are problems with a mic, that battery gets worse after a few days. There are single cases of screen falling out, camera not working, device not loading, and some other issues I'm losing track of.

How is that even possible with a device having been worked on for more than a year before announcement and being delivered a few months after that announcement? With such a long time we should expect the phone to be as issue-free as possible (especially for the price) and it's far from that.

What do you, guys, think? How can there be so many issues?
    This may be one of the isolated cases .
    05-29-17 05:12 AM
    I am having issues with my new Keyone. The mic seems to be the main issue as people struggle to hear me when i am on the phone. They say i sound muffled or as though i am underwater! Also when i hold the handset with a full hand it drops network signal - bizarre but true.

P{ease help.
    05-29-17 07:09 AM
    I don't think one has to be defensive about BlackBerry to be skeptical that negative anecdotal posts in online forums are indicative of reality.
    05-29-17 07:13 AM
    I am having issues with my new Keyone. The mic seems to be the main issue as people struggle to hear me when i am on the phone. They say i sound muffled or as though i am underwater! Also when i hold the handset with a full hand it drops network signal - bizarre but true.

P{ease help.
    Wait for the next software update. If that doesn't help, return for service.
    05-29-17 07:35 AM
    And when is the next software update due for release. Also if it is a hardware issue (i.e. mic) how will a software update rectify issue?
    05-29-17 07:51 AM
    And when is the next software update due for release. Also if it is a hardware issue (i.e. mic) how will a software update rectify issue?
    Updates are no longer than monthly.

If hardware, the problem obviously won't be solved, but a software problem would be ruled out.
    05-29-17 08:04 AM
    Samsung will soon be faced with several cracked S8 screens

Posted via CB10
    05-29-17 08:10 AM
137 12345 ...