Two weeks in with my KEYone and haven't had a single issue yet.
    I agree. In the UK between Amazon and the biggest phone retailer CPW there are 29 consumers reviews and all are positive ! Frankly that is amazing. The K1 is not a lemon.
    05-28-17 11:38 AM
    I am really starting to worry as more and more issues emerge daily. I've preordered my KEYone, it should be here in a week or two (or maybe seven), but all the excitement I've had ever since the first rumours had appeared is now getting killed with the issues being reported. And it can't be said that there are always some faulty devices. It's okay when talking about a phone sold in 5 or 6-digit amounts, but not when there are probably only a few hundred being used so far.

Several people reporting that physical keys are not working, that there are problems with a mic, that battery gets worse after a few days. There are single cases of screen falling out, camera not working, device not loading, and some other issues I'm losing track of.

How is that even possible with a device having been worked on for more than a year before announcement and being delivered a few months after that announcement? With such a long time we should expect the phone to be as issue-free as possible (especially for the price) and it's far from that.

What do you, guys, think? How can there be so many issues?
    This is a forum, where people will post their problems. Remember that CB forums have taken over as the official support forums. Go to the support forums of ANY phone and you'll also notice a crazy thing as how it seems everyone has an issue...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    xandros9 and jamesharmeling like this.
    05-28-17 12:09 PM
    Can't wait for the first complaint that one of the pips of the BlackBerry symbol on the back fell out!

Passport. SQW100-1 OS 10.3.3.2163
    jakie55 and jamesharmeling like this.
    05-28-17 12:50 PM
    Okay, I know that if the device is faulty it can be returned under warranty. I know that there are many KEYones with no issues. But that's not what I'm talking about.

I wonder how is that possible that so many issues have already appeared? How many more issues are we going to see over time? The whole release is a farce so far and it seems that not enough work was put in preparing the phone. And I try very hard not to be a naysayer.
    Selective reading.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-17 01:27 PM
    Mines fine, I think the issues some as well as myself have had aren't actual "problems" with the device, but quirks and in my case often user error or not being familiar with android software
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-28-17 01:36 PM
    I am really starting to worry as more and more issues emerge daily. I've preordered my KEYone, it should be here in a week or two (or maybe seven), but all the excitement I've had ever since the first rumours had appeared is now getting killed with the issues being reported. And it can't be said that there are always some faulty devices. It's okay when talking about a phone sold in 5 or 6-digit amounts, but not when there are probably only a few hundred being used so far.

Several people reporting that physical keys are not working, that there are problems with a mic, that battery gets worse after a few days. There are single cases of screen falling out, camera not working, device not loading, and some other issues I'm losing track of.

How is that even possible with a device having been worked on for more than a year before announcement and being delivered a few months after that announcement? With such a long time we should expect the phone to be as issue-free as possible (especially for the price) and it's far from that.

What do you, guys, think? How can there be so many issues?
    Upfront, I don't know anything about the KEYone, or the KEYone manufacturer, but I have been on forums for years, and BlackBerry forums for years.

With every device there were reports of problems. With every device I never had any of the "well known" or "frequent" problems.

That's not to say there weren't problems. No doubt some or many or most of the people reporting the problems were reporting real problems that they encountered. But on forums almost anyone who comes on the forum looking for help or to report something is someone who has a problem. Few come to the forum to tell how wonderful everything is.

Don't worry. Odds are the device you receive will be ok. If there is a problem then you will deal with it. And the forums will certainly help you if you do encounter a problem. For now, don't fret over something that hasn't happened yet and probably won't happen.
    mrluky60 likes this.
    05-28-17 01:55 PM
    Can't wait for the first complaint that one of the pips of the BlackBerry symbol on the back fell out!

Two of the pips fell off on my Classic!

 C L A S S I C
    05-28-17 02:54 PM
    Zero problems with my keyone
    05-28-17 03:00 PM
    After four years and three months of carrying my Z10 naked in pockets with keys and spare change, and throwing it into my bag or backpack with little to no concern, if I look at it very, very carefully, in the right light, I can see scuff marks.

WHAT AN OUTRAGE!!!! BLACKBERRY PHONES ARE ALL JUNK!!!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 05-28-17 at 03:47 PM.
    jamesharmeling and Adam Frix like this.
    05-28-17 03:03 PM
    Aside from the manufacturing defects of my Priv, back creaking in, getting a SIM not detected error oh so many times that still continues to this day.

I've dropped it many times even on concrete, but it has still lasted on me. All my BlackBerry phones worked, even with the back coming off, cracked screen, etc.

Manufacturing defects or not, by design I think it'll last you and still work.
    05-28-17 03:11 PM
    Also keep on mind that the BlackBerry forums have shut down and anyone who does have a problem is rerouted here to the crack Berry forums. So a lot of what would be posted there will be posted here so people can get help if there issue can be fixed without returning it.
    05-28-17 03:20 PM
    Also keep on mind that the BlackBerry forums have shut down and anyone who does have a problem is rerouted here to the crack Berry forums. So a lot of what would be posted there will be posted here so people can get help if there issue can be fixed without returning it.
    BlackBerry Mobile provides their own support infrastructure. As does PT BB Merah Putih.

People would only be going to BlackBerry support for BB10, Priv, and DTEKs.
    05-28-17 03:47 PM
    BlackBerry Mobile provides their own support infrastructure. As does PT BB Merah Putih.

People would only be going to BlackBerry support for BB10, Priv, and DTEKs.
    BlackBerry mobile as a support section on there website but they don't forums.
    05-28-17 03:56 PM
    BlackBerry mobile as a support section on there website but they don't forums.
    That's not part of their support offering at the moment, no.

I don't think BlackBerry would have had a support forum for someone else's product anyway - even if they still had them.
    05-28-17 03:59 PM
    I guess I'm lucky if the faulty devices rate is that high as my device is perfectly okay! This is the best phone I've ever used (in my opinion). .
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-28-17 04:02 PM
    I think the OP isn't denying the known fact that every single device will have some faulty units... but his point it's that If you sell 500k devices and 50 people got a lemon, it's not the same as selling 5k and have 25 faulty units... that's his concern, that the amount of reports is too big given the reduce number of sold Keyone's... if you are going to discard some complaints because they are trolling or user error, you also should count into the equation that some won't report issues in this forum, or even have the issue but don't consider it a problem... OP, to be honest it's hard to say since there is no information regarding sales so far... you could get one and if you get a lemon get some assistance here / return it / complaint here, or if yours it's fine then reply to people with problems with the "after x number of weeks/ months with it, mine doesn't have any of those issues, I love it!" line...
    eldeadache likes this.
    05-28-17 04:17 PM
    One of my conclusion is just that TCL has not perfected the Blackberry (manufacturing) just yet.

BUT Sometimes I think, "Come on... its just another phone. Nothing THAAAT special to actually give TCL some benefit of the doubt that it will take some time for them to 'perfect' producing a qwerty phone"...

Which is true also because look at the other qwerty/pkb phones in the past from Nokia, HTC, LG etc. I don't think the issues they have were that much (assumption, not statistically sure). If that's the case, it just means that TCL's QC is not up to standard.

Sometimes companies have to remember that if they wanna keep Blackberry phone the way it is (Rugged, secure, tough) they have to spend alot of time and MONEY ensuring that happens.

The now Blackberry (Blackberry mobile) is not the old Blackberry (RIM).

Pick your pick.
    You're making it sound like BB had quality control before TCL took over. They didn't. They Z10 had all sorts of problems (the main one being rebooting), the Q10 had the awful double typing, and the Passport had double typing and screen lifting (which was caused by the device bending). The Priv also had horrible problems with poor build quality and the slider being weak or wobbly.

All manufacturers have issues when they release a phone, and BB has never been any different.
    05-28-17 04:31 PM
    I have two KEYones (one is even a preproduction) and have had no issues with either of them. Everyone else has already said what needs to be said lol.
    05-28-17 04:38 PM
    Wow, I wasn't aware of these issues. I've had my KEYone for a few weeks and haven't ran into any of them.
    Just wait. According to the OP the screen will fall off, the keys will stop working, the battery will die, and the unit will spontaneously combust. Sorry...the last one was for samsung. Along with the pink screen.
    05-28-17 04:44 PM
    This person must work for Apple or Samsung, just couldn't let us enjoy our moment in the forums.
    05-28-17 05:03 PM
    I am gonna order mine on 31st, no matter what!

Posted via CB10
    05-28-17 05:44 PM
    I think the OP isn't denying the known fact that every single device will have some faulty units... but his point it's that If you sell 500k devices and 50 people got a lemon, it's not the same as selling 5k and have 25 faulty units... that's his concern, that the amount of reports is too big given the reduce number of sold Keyone's... if you are going to discard some complaints because they are trolling or user error, you also should count into the equation that some won't report issues in this forum, or even have the issue but don't consider it a problem... OP, to be honest it's hard to say since there is no information regarding sales so far... you could get one and if you get a lemon get some assistance here / return it / complaint here, or if yours it's fine then reply to people with problems with the "after x number of weeks/ months with it, mine doesn't have any of those issues, I love it!" line...
    Thank you, at least one person here can read and contribute to the discussion! That's exactly my point nobody wants to see, I don't know, maybe they don't care or try to love BlackBerry too much. Wow, it took 45 posts to get one that's valuable. If this place is now an official BBM support place, well, bad for BBM.

To be fair, I didn't start the topic because I'm afraid to buy the KEYone. I am buying it no matter what, my current phone is almost dead and I need a relevant QWERTY phone. I am just concerned about how almost 2 years of preparing concluded with a phone that has several big issues. I am not a person that will change the phone next year, I want the K1 to last long and that's why I am horrified to see so many issues emerging within 4 weeks since the release. How many more might be there yet to emerge is a big question.
    Last edited by eldeadache; 05-28-17 at 06:07 PM.
    05-28-17 05:55 PM
    Is it time for a poll? I, for one, would like to see a forum poll that beeaks out the most commonly reported problems along with totals.

Moderators?
    notbadday likes this.
    05-28-17 06:07 PM
    Thank you, at least one person here can read and contribute to the discussion! That's exactly my point nobody wants to see, I don't know, maybe they don't care or try to love BlackBerry too much. Wow, it took 45 posts to get one that's valuable.

To be fair, I didn't start the topic because I'm afraid to buy the KEYone. I am buying it no matter what, my current phone is almost dead and I need a relevant QWERTY phone. I am just concerned about how almost 2 years of preparing concluded with a phone that has several big issues. I am not a person that will change the phone next year, I want the K1 to last long and that's why I am horrified to see so many issues emerging within 4 weeks since the release. How many more might be there yet to emerge is a big question.
    My personal advice is that you should not buy it because our sun might go supernova in the next year. On the other hand, maybe you should just wait for a year before buying it so that you will know any and all issues that might have happened. By the way, what is wrong with your current phone and why is it almost dead?

Things are way out of hand in this thread, I'll personally go with CBK's assessment of the phone that it's solid and since he's had several to play with for months now (sharing them with hundreds of people at meetups...) maybe that will calm your nerves.

05-28-17 06:08 PM
    By the way, what is wrong with your current phone and why is it almost dead?
    It's 8 years old. That's Nokia quality. I believe it's justified to be dying.
    05-28-17 06:12 PM
137 1234 ...