I am really starting to worry as more and more issues emerge daily. I've preordered my KEYone, it should be here in a week or two (or maybe seven), but all the excitement I've had ever since the first rumours had appeared is now getting killed with the issues being reported. And it can't be said that there are always some faulty devices. It's okay when talking about a phone sold in 5 or 6-digit amounts, but not when there are probably only a few hundred being used so far.

Several people reporting that physical keys are not working, that there are problems with a mic, that battery gets worse after a few days. There are single cases of screen falling out, camera not working, device not loading, and some other issues I'm losing track of.

How is that even possible with a device having been worked on for more than a year before announcement and being delivered a few months after that announcement? With such a long time we should expect the phone to be as issue-free as possible (especially for the price) and it's far from that.

What do you, guys, think? How can there be so many issues?
    lionhearted and mrluky60 like this.
    05-28-17 08:38 AM
    You're right . A lots of issue which shouldn't be after being worked on for that long
    05-28-17 08:44 AM
    not had a single issue at all, the naysayers will highlight every fault going. I know 3 people with the KEYone and all are happy and are using flawless devices, also any problems just go down the warranty route.

Don't worry, you're gonna love it.
    05-28-17 08:50 AM
    You have to remember that issues get amplified when it comes to online reviews and forums. Happy customers don't write online reviews and report on forums to the same degree as those that had issues.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.2205 | Bell
    Last edited by laketrout73; 05-28-17 at 05:43 PM.
    05-28-17 08:53 AM
    I am really starting to worry as more and more issues emerge daily. I've preordered my KEYone, it should be here in a week or two (or maybe seven), but all the excitement I've had ever since the first rumours had appeared is now getting killed with the issues being reported. And it can't be said that there are always some faulty devices. It's okay when talking about a phone sold in 5 or 6-digit amounts, but not when there are probably only a few hundred being used so far.

Several people reporting that physical keys are not working, that there are problems with a mic, that battery gets worse after a few days. There are single cases of screen falling out, camera not working, device not loading, and some other issues I'm losing track of.

How is that even possible with a device having been worked on for more than a year before announcement and being delivered a few months after that announcement? With such a long time we should expect the phone to be as issue-free as possible (especially for the price) and it's far from that.

What do you, guys, think? How can there be so many issues?
    I've had my K1 for 3 weeks and no issues. The battery is amazing. No problems with the keys. No screen falling out. If there is a problem, just return it under warranty. Simples.
    IndianTiwari and Pez1983 like this.
    05-28-17 08:54 AM
    Okay, I know that if the device is faulty it can be returned under warranty. I know that there are many KEYones with no issues. But that's not what I'm talking about.

I wonder how is that possible that so many issues have already appeared? How many more issues are we going to see over time? The whole release is a farce so far and it seems that not enough work was put in preparing the phone. And I try very hard not to be a naysayer.
    mrluky60 likes this.
    05-28-17 09:01 AM
    There are no more no less problems with this phone than another phone release. Zero default is a farce and never happen.
    sonicpix and A Noise Annoys like this.
    05-28-17 09:11 AM
    No matter what device anyone buys, Blackberry, Apple, Samsung, a Dyson Vacuum cleaner, a small number of units are going to be defective. It's unlucky for those that end up with those units, but that's life.

I've had no issues with my KeyOne after nearly a month of using it.
    05-28-17 09:20 AM
    Man do people run with things here ,they here of a couple problems and oh boy it's blown out of control. I will definitely be looking at one here next week
    terminatorx likes this.
    05-28-17 09:58 AM
    Wow, I wasn't aware of these issues. I've had my KEYone for a few weeks and haven't ran into any of them.
    05-28-17 10:14 AM
    No issue at all, after three weeks. Remember apples yellow screens and losing signal issues. Every company seems to have its issues. Cmon look at the mighty Samsung and it's battery problem. These forum will attract the bad. But out of the number sold in the UK alone I'm guessing the fault to great ratio is low on the fault side. The keyone breaks the mold from every other look alike company.
    richgarcia and iToya like this.
    05-28-17 10:17 AM
    I wonder how is that possible that so many issues have already appeared? How many more issues are we going to see over time?
    Look at any forum after any device release. You'd swear every one off the line was a dud. Clearly though, that's not the case. You gather zero useful metrics from a site like this.
    05-28-17 10:20 AM
    How can there be so many issues?
    People tend to post when they have issues, since "my phone is just OK and I wanted you to know" posts are dumb.
    cribble2k likes this.
    05-28-17 10:24 AM
    Look at any forum after any device release. You'd swear every one off the line was a dud. Clearly though, that's not the case. You gather zero useful metrics from a site like this.
    Well, you do get some metrics--that you REALLY don't want to be tried by jury, for example.

Oh--and you begin to understand election results better. It doesn't make you any happier, but you do get some understanding of the voter base.
    05-28-17 10:47 AM
    Okay, I know that if the device is faulty it can be returned under warranty. I know that there are many KEYones with no issues. But that's not what I'm talking about.

I wonder how is that possible that so many issues have already appeared? How many more issues are we going to see over time? The whole release is a farce so far and it seems that not enough work was put in preparing the phone. And I try very hard not to be a naysayer.
    What is your point of comparison. I've heard some models of Samsung phones with 20% return rate because of faults. I still don't understand why you are so concerned as we don't know how many devices have been shipped.
    05-28-17 10:48 AM
    Man do people run with things here ,they here of a couple problems and oh boy it's blown out of control. I will definitely be looking at one here next week
    Exactly, no has reported multiple issues.
    05-28-17 10:49 AM
    And some may be just trolling.
    05-28-17 10:50 AM
    There are bound to be some issues with an early batch of most tech products, early adopters always pay the price of being amongst the first to get a piece of tech.

If the issues worry you why not wait a few more months until most of the stuff is ironed out.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    05-28-17 11:11 AM

The simple answer is not to believe everything you read in forums on the Internet. There are a lot of unreliable reports about product quality in forums across all consumer products. There seem to be a class of people who crave attention and will say anything to get it.

I'm not saying that everyone who has reported an issue is being deceptive. But I'm skeptical that a company like TCL is as bad at quality control as the anecdotes would suggest.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    terminatorx likes this.
    05-28-17 11:12 AM
    And some may be just trolling.
    ...noooo, people don't do that...do they....lol

Posted using Z30 on CB
    05-28-17 11:17 AM
    Fake news!!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-28-17 11:19 AM
    One of my conclusion is just that TCL has not perfected the Blackberry (manufacturing) just yet.

BUT Sometimes I think, "Come on... its just another phone. Nothing THAAAT special to actually give TCL some benefit of the doubt that it will take some time for them to 'perfect' producing a qwerty phone"...

Which is true also because look at the other qwerty/pkb phones in the past from Nokia, HTC, LG etc. I don't think the issues they have were that much (assumption, not statistically sure). If that's the case, it just means that TCL's QC is not up to standard.

Sometimes companies have to remember that if they wanna keep Blackberry phone the way it is (Rugged, secure, tough) they have to spend alot of time and MONEY ensuring that happens.

The now Blackberry (Blackberry mobile) is not the old Blackberry (RIM).

Pick your pick.
    mrluky60 and stlabrat like this.
    05-28-17 11:30 AM
    One of my conclusion is just that TCL has not perfected the Blackberry (manufacturing) just yet.

BUT Sometimes I think, "Come on... its just another phone. Nothing THAAAT special to actually give TCL some benefit of the doubt that it will take some time for them to 'perfect' producing a qwerty phone"...

Which is true also because look at the other qwerty/pkb phones in the past from Nokia, HTC, LG etc. I don't think the issues they have were that much (assumption, not statistically sure). If that's the case, it just means that TCL's QC is not up to standard.

Sometimes companies have to remember that if they wanna keep Blackberry phone the way it is (Rugged, secure, tough) they have to spend alot of time and MONEY ensuring that happens.

Pick your pick.
    BlackBerry never built the devices.

Winstron, Foxconn, and now TCL. Should be no problem.
    05-28-17 11:32 AM

Pick your pick.
    I disagree. The Priv was not as good as my K1. Perhaps I have super special K1. All the reviewers have said they are very impressed with the build quality of the K1.
    05-28-17 11:33 AM
    Two weeks in with my KEYone and haven't had a single issue yet.
    05-28-17 11:34 AM
137 123 ...