is there a way to stop the keyone from restarting my apps every time I switch from one app to another? example, playing a game, switch to edge to read the wiki for a second, switch back, and the phone reloads the game anew. typing an email, switch to another window to copy text, go back, email reloads anew. this is a major productivity killer. I hate this phone, wish I could find some to trade back to an iphone...
    11-28-18 09:21 AM
    Be more consistent in closing apps you're not using. Unfortunately, it's a RAM limitation. It can be controlled by ensuring apps not in use are not running.
    11-28-18 02:07 PM
    so, what you're telling me, is that this over hyped paper weight can't run two apps simultaneously?! and this phone is meant for business security?! as a matter of fact I have to keep every app not in use closed at all times or the phone can't handle facebook messenger when I need to message a group. I tried running uber and postmates fleet apps, and it pretty much laughed at me. how the heck did this phone get such a stellar reputation? it can't handle current gen applications if what you are saying is correct. I miss my iPhone even more now
    11-28-18 02:36 PM
    Unfortunately the only solution for me was to upgrade to key2.
    11-28-18 04:38 PM
    I've got the same problem on my keyone. Didn't used to do it until about a few weeks ago, very annoying.
    01-30-19 04:20 PM
    You guys must be on Oreo because I'm on one of the very rare keyones that will stay on Nougat, and this never happens. Instead, if too many apps are open the phone just becomes dog**** slow until I clear apps... which one is better? /shrug
    01-30-19 04:35 PM
    Anybody found a solution to this?
    I need a few (lightweight!) Apps always open. Like Messengers, Dialer, Browser...I know it is not due to the 4GB RAM on my BlackEdition...but where the heck is the "Lock App" Button?
    I only found so far that "Blackberry did not implement" it...but i really hope they get their sh.. together this is absolutely horrible, if true. Damn Software Noobs at BB. Sorry for the rant.
    02-01-19 03:11 AM
    from years on the forum, it seems to me that not all BlackBerry devices perform equally. Your experience will represent a certain number of users who cannot, and should not have to, tolerate a poor performance device.
    My KeyOne performs excellently, keeping many apps open and switching feverishly between them keeps me productive. so mine represents the crowd that absolutely loves it. In fact, I recently bought an iPhone XR and returned it a week later because my work flow was far superior on the KeyOne. I did, after 1.5ish years of use, have to completely wipe the KeyOne to return it to its productive state though.
    I have never understood why there is such a discrepancy in functionality with BlackBerry given that QC at the manufacturing level can be dialed in to the nth degree.
    If it's worth it to you, try a factory reset, and then decide. If not, you are in the company of other strong users that the device just isn't up to the task, are really disappointed in BlackBerry, and had to move on to a different brand.
    02-01-19 07:07 AM