I'm having trouble creating a customized alert in the Hub. I see "Add Rule" option but it doesn't allow me to click, I don't know if I changed a setting blocking this feature. How can I change existing LED profiles?

Side note: Has anyone tried adding an Exchange email to the Hub, or a .edu email associated with Gmail?
    06-01-17 12:30 AM
    for LED changes: Hub > menu (3 lines on top left) > settings > choose account > scroll down to notifications > click pulse notification light to change.

As far as adding exchange to the hub: Hub > menu > add account. All I did was type in my work email and it set up 1,2,3 without extra configruation.
    Jeffrey Krott likes this.
    06-06-17 01:40 PM
    Just remember that you will occasionally be at the mercy of the app itself or whether it supports LED some seem to not bother to allow it.

If that's the case and you need it you can research third part apps on Google Play

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 01:58 PM
    for LED changes: Hub > menu (3 lines on top left) > settings > choose account > scroll down to notifications > click pulse notification light to change.

As far as adding exchange to the hub: Hub > menu > add account. All I did was type in my work email and it set up 1,2,3 without extra configuration.
    My KEYone doesn't have the "notifications" options in this location. What is up with that? This phone is driving me crazy with all the alerts it is doing.
    07-31-17 11:11 PM
    08-06-17 02:51 AM
    My KEYone doesn't have the "notifications" options in this location. What is up with that? This phone is driving me crazy with all the alerts it is doing.
    yes it has a mind of its own!

my issue is that I would REALLY REALLY like to use the LED for all sorts of apps,( yellow for snap incoming, green for whats app etc )

like i used to do years and years ago in the old blackberry with a simple app i had purchased back then ( cant recall now the name ) - i think it was something like COLOR LED or similar.

Does anyone here know any solution to this / any app / any info ?
    BadgerBoy77 likes this.
    09-20-17 05:00 AM
    You can download "light manager" on the Google play store to manage led color
    11-10-17 01:20 PM
    I use an app called light flow
    11-10-17 02:06 PM
    I wrote the following on the "Blackberry Motion Has a RGB LED" article. Pasting it here :

I now have high LED functionality on my Keyone. I use the Lightflow Pro app. It took me several weeks of pretty frustrating messing around to get it how I like it. I have contact specific LED colours for Text, Signal, ringtones. I have the Hub disabled (despite it being one of my favourite features of BB10) so Lightflow really is doing the heavy lifting. I have no idea if Lighflow would work normally with a fully functional hub (email the dev?). You have to follow the instructions for Lightflow pretty closely in the first instance (I think they were on Android Central) - particularly regarding turning off the notifications in each individual app - and then start experimenting.....

When I occasionally turn on my Q10 I'm reminded of what a superb OS BB10 was, and what a proper LED looks like (why the tiny version on Keyone?).

The biggest tip I would give after much anguish - there is a facility on Lightflow to set up a Lightflow notification based on "an outstanding notification". So get your key contacts to send texts etc. and then go directly into Lightflow and choose to setup from "an outstanding notification". This seems to work more reliably than creating notifications from your Contacts list or "Installed Application", which is how I started out. And also remember that you can choose "Priority" for notifications in one of the menus - if you don't do this properly it seems like the app isn't working correctly when in fact you just haven't set everything up.

Please note : there is a free non-Pro version of Lighflow. I already had the Pro version and therefore just used it. It may be the case that the Lite version will work too but don't blame me if it doesn't...
    Also, there is another main LED manager called LIght Manager. I seem to remember someone on the forums saying they'd got that to work on a Keyone, so Lighflow apparently isn't the only possibility.

Finally, in case it needs saying - I have no connection to Lighflow whatsoever. It's bloody annoying to set up but it got me enough LED functionality to keep me happy......
    11-10-17 04:16 PM
    I use light flow too. Works for me.
    11-10-17 06:40 PM

my issue is that I would REALLY REALLY like to use the LED for all sorts of apps,( yellow for snap incoming, green for whats app etc )

like i used to do years and years ago in the old blackberry with a simple app i had purchased back then ( cant recall now the name ) - i think it was something like COLOR LED or similar.

Color ID!!!
    11-10-17 10:12 PM
    my LED has stopped flashing in different colors for different accounts. why so as it was set very nice by default with being touched by my.
    11-19-17 02:47 PM

It's really very simple but people seem to be over complicating it. For apps, you need to go into the App itself (whatsapp, BBM, Snapchat, etc) and if the App has the option (the ones I listed all do), you change the led within the App. In the hub, you can change it for email accounts only. Got to settings, click on the email account and it's in there.

Also for email, if you are getting duplicate email notifications because of the gmail App but want to use the hub, simply disable the gmail App all together.
    Last edited by ray689; 11-19-17 at 05:59 PM.
    11-19-17 03:27 PM
    try Light manager from the appstore by Mc Koo
    11-20-17 06:55 AM
    It's really very simple but people seem to be over complicating it. For apps, you need to go into the App itself (whatsapp, BBM, Snapchat, etc) and if the App has the option (the ones I listed all do), you change the led within the App. In the hub, you can change it for email accounts only. Got to settings, click on the email account and it's in there.

Also for email, if you are getting duplicate email notifications because of the gmail App but want to use the hub, simply disable the gmail App all together.
    ^^^This

Also find yourself a replacement app to use for texting. I use Textra, the paid version and it allows you to customize your color for specific contacts texting you. I only have my wife with a specific color but I have a color for every notification all the way down to work email and calendar. My advice would be to keep it to about 4-5 different colors because they aren't different enough to see at times.

Textra is also awesome because it allows for you to press enter to send. This is stellar for conversation strings and if you had a BlackBerry in the past you are used to this feature.

Good luck.
    leopardgirl likes this.
    11-20-17 08:51 AM
    ^^^This

Also find yourself a replacement app to use for texting. I use Textra, the paid version and it allows you to customize your color for specific contacts texting you. I only have my wife with a specific color but I have a color for every notification all the way down to work email and calendar. My advice would be to keep it to about 4-5 different colors because they aren't different enough to see at times.

Textra is also awesome because it allows for you to press enter to send. This is stellar for conversation strings and if you had a BlackBerry in the past you are used to this feature.

Good luck.
    I Second Textra as well. Great app.
    leopardgirl likes this.
    11-20-17 11:37 AM
    I Second Textra as well. Great app.
    +three to Textra

I futzed around with the LED light applications and gave up. I just use textra and hub (which I really like). Multiple alerts are an issue, you just have to silence the ones you don't need. i.e. if you run gmail and hub, silence one of them. If you use google calendar and hub, silence one of them...
    11-21-17 12:00 AM
    I feel that it is not as simple on KeyOne/Android to customize notifications. I don't get an LED notification for text msgs (which I would prefer) but I can customize the tone (which I don't want to do). I've checked both the main settings and the Hub settings but can't find this. I miss my Q10 for that (amongst other things), but my K1 is otherwise working very well.
    03-23-18 04:32 AM
    I feel that it is not as simple on KeyOne/Android to customize notifications. I don't get an LED notification for text msgs (which I would prefer) but I can customize the tone (which I don't want to do). I've checked both the main settings and the Hub settings but can't find this. I miss my Q10 for that (amongst other things), but my K1 is otherwise working very well.
    I did no customization to my LED notifications so by default i found out that mine are:

Blue = SMS texts (using Textra)
    Red = Missed Call and/or FB Messenger LITE, and Calendar Events
    White = Instagram Msg
    Green = T-Mobile Visual Voicemail
    Yellow = Low Battery below 15%

I don't want notifications for emails as i get them thru out the day, so i turned those off and just check my hub via pop-up widgets to check my email.
    03-23-18 05:27 PM
    Try downloading Light Flow
    03-25-18 03:55 AM
    yourr keyone should have the option as per what TymelRory has stated. that is where it is on my keyone.
    05-21-18 04:10 PM
    ^^^This

Good luck.
    Who the heck uses SMS in 2018, anyway?
    05-23-18 10:55 AM
    Try downloading Light Flow
    I have downloaded light manager 2 as it's got the disable led function at night, but I don't think it's too reliable, sometimes WhatsApp stops led signalling and I can't understand why. How does Light Flow compare to Light Manager 2?
    06-22-18 04:54 AM
    Who the heck uses SMS in 2018, anyway?
    I do.... free and unlimited

Posted via CB10
    06-22-18 06:49 PM
    I use Light Manager on my Priv, have 8 different colors few are custom colors as I also use the Hub colors for my emails. Textra for my test messages and use the apps sound, Light Manager for color. I only use Light Flow for Messenger sound, the light doesn't work consistently so I leave it all to Light Manager. My Priv is dying 5 years old now.
    Will the Keyone duplicate all the LED colors I need?
    I know my husband's DTek 50 has no color options for LED.
    Last edited by leopardgirl; 03-04-20 at 03:17 PM.
    03-04-20 03:04 PM