Hello KeyOne owners!

Please help me assign the Convenience Key to take a Screen shot upon clicking it.

Thank you in advance!
    01-30-19 05:54 AM
    Just use VolDown + Power. Press VolDown followed by Power and hold for a few seconds. The screen should flash and make a "click" sound as if it took a photo.

If you do it too slowly, you'll adjust your volume. If you do it reverse, you'll lock your phone. Once you get used to it, it's super easy.

I don't believe Android supports a separate key for screen shots, but you may be able to install an app you can set the convenience key to if it's too much trouble to do the above.
    jdavison likes this.
    01-30-19 12:13 PM
    I hate the pwr/volDN combo... I prefer to use the convenience key to mute all so I found "silent screenshot" in playstore... works well with a lot of customizations... I like the notification pull-down target for that...

you might also like BlackBerry Notable That puts a target in the pull-down frequently used icons... works well too...

Update: notable not working like that anymore... ??
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 01-30-19 at 02:19 PM.
    psychofox13 likes this.
    01-30-19 01:13 PM
    I hate the pwr/volDN combo... I prefer to use the convenience key to mute all so I found "silent screenshot" in playstore... works well with a lot of customizations... I like the notification pull-down target for that...

you might also like BlackBerry Notable That puts a target in the pull-down frequently used icons... works well too...

Update: notable not working like that anymore... ??
    Did you find a good App for screen shot on Play Store? Did you also download an App to pull down the notification shade? That would be awesome. Please help.
    01-30-19 02:35 PM
    I've mapped Notable to the convenience key. works like a charm. you can then draw, type, add another picture etc... to your screenshot if you want.
    01-30-19 03:09 PM
    Settings > Shortcuts & Gestures > Convenience Key. Tap it, map Notable icon to the key. Give that a try.
    01-30-19 07:32 PM
    Settings > Shortcuts & Gestures > Convenience Key. Tap it, map Notable icon to the key. Give that a try.
    I appreciate your help, guys. I have downloaded Notable but I find it a hassle to use it. It does not capture any screen shot; it just takes me inside the App when I press on the Convenience Key (it is already mapped). With this App, I thought that capturing a Screen shot would be as fast as on pressing the volume down and the power Button at the same time. What should I do now?
    01-31-19 12:59 AM
    Notable>settings

both toggles are turned on which tells the app what to do, and my Quickshare app is my messaging app.

I press the convenience key and a screenshot is taken, then the screenshot opens in the Notable app.
    From there I crop, draw , type, etc... on the screen shot.
    From there I can share it with most other apps that accept sharing, like sending it to onenote, Hub, Message +, Instagram, etc....
    The screen shot automatically saves in my Pictures gallery as well.
    02-01-19 05:48 AM
    Notable>settings

both toggles are turned on which tells the app what to do, and my Quickshare app is my messaging app.

I press the convenience key and a screenshot is taken, then the screenshot opens in the Notable app.
    From there I crop, draw , type, etc... on the screen shot.
    From there I can share it with most other apps that accept sharing, like sending it to onenote, Hub, Message +, Instagram, etc....
    The screen shot automatically saves in my Pictures gallery as well.
    The App has been acting weirdly since I download it. How I wish it could work as you have described it! Maybe the problem is that I am using Keyone Black Edition. Could you please uninstall it and then reinstall it to see if there is a bug in the version I downloaded from Play Store? I am just wondering if there is a Black Edition owner experiencing the same problem.
    02-02-19 11:59 AM
    Silver Edition here (Verizon). have you tried Uninstaller yours again and a fresh install?
    02-02-19 12:09 PM
    Works great with convenience key and notable. Thank you guys - good idea!
    But how do I avoid the screenshot sound?
    02-02-19 01:06 PM
    Turn your main volume down to vibrate, then you won't hear the screenshot tone.
    02-03-19 01:52 PM
    A game I'm playing asked me to send a screenshot to fix a bug in the game through imurg.com. How do I take one on the KEY2?
    02-09-19 12:07 AM