Thanks
    08-01-17 11:26 AM
    There is no way to disable the quick settings on the lock screen currently. You can however, edit your root but this would require a working knowledge of command line/coding etc. Sorry
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    08-02-17 08:00 AM
    There is no way to disable the quick settings on the lock screen currently. You can however, edit your root but this would require a working knowledge of command line/coding etc. Sorry
    People that aren't supposed to see any of your info can actually get a little control and info from that. BB better fix it because it regards privacy which is their Huge selling point.
    08-03-17 09:13 AM
    That's right! It's one of the main reasons why a lot of security conscious BB users have stuck with BB10 for now. Hope I answered your question though, and hopefully they issue a fix soon too
    08-03-17 10:40 AM
    I had this question when i first got my KEYone, being new to Android. Hope they add the option to turn it off soon
    08-03-17 11:53 AM
    That's right! It's one of the main reasons why a lot of security conscious BB users have stuck with BB10 for now. Hope I answered your question though, and hopefully they issue a fix soon too
    There is no issue to fix. Go to Settings, then click on Notifications. Choose an app. You can customize notification info for each one. Here is an example within the Hub & Services app. It works great.

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure and utterly satisfying mobile device
    Attached Thumbnails How can I disable drop down setting while locked smartphone?-6056.jpg  
    08-04-17 12:07 AM
    If anything, they should make it an option. I wouldn't want it gone. I like being able to toggle WiFi or turn on my flashlight without having to unlock the phone.
    08-04-17 12:13 AM
    I think you misunderstood the question that Joker333 was asking, there is no physical way to disable the drop down menu, yes you can hide notifications but he wants the whole drown down feature removed on lock screen.

There is no issue to fix. Go to Settings, then click on Notifications. Choose an app. You can customize notification info for each one. Here is an example within the Hub & Services app. It works great.

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure and utterly satisfying mobile device
    08-04-17 04:59 AM
    I think you misunderstood the question that Joker333 was asking, there is no physical way to disable the drop down menu, yes you can hide notifications but he wants the whole drown down feature removed on lock screen.
    Exactly, thanks.
    Blackberry_Rob likes this.
    08-04-17 07:27 AM
    Just curious...sure they can turn on and off the flashlight or something, but what private information can they get from the pull down toggle menu?
    08-05-17 12:13 AM
    What is the security threat?
    08-05-17 12:39 AM
    Double checked. Exaggerated a bit, agree on that. From a privacy perspective, they can see nothing more than the name associated with the phone. (unless there are some apps which create icons in the drop down menu and those icons will be functional when the screen is locket.)
    From a security standpoint, nut sure if any threats are but there is a bug I found (maybe there're more) which can lead to security vulnerabilities. You can spot the bug when turning on wifi. The system is set to not allow wifi to be turned on with lock screen, but it turns on (after you'll click the icon, you'll be prompted to introduce the password but if you just lock the screen and then turn it back on, you'll see the wifi turned on).

Other than that, functions like:
    cellular data
    airplane mode
    and data saver will be available for anyone to turn on/off. Which is not always a good thing.
    08-05-17 06:26 AM
    Has anyone tried playing with the Power Notification Controls? It's in:

Settings/System UI Tuner/Other/Power Notification Controls.

I noticed options to control what shows up on the lockscreen. I can't say I've actually played with them; just noticed these a few minutes ago while playing with my phone.

Cheers.

How can I disable drop down setting while locked smartphone?-screenshot_20170805-073502.jpg
    How can I disable drop down setting while locked smartphone?-screenshot_20170805-073437.png
    08-05-17 10:39 AM
    I use this feature for apps that have a default "draw on screen" notification, like the default google messaging app, that I don't want the contents to pop up on the screen when the screen is on and unlocked.
    08-05-17 03:19 PM
    The simple answer is a "No". It's a standard Android feature. BlackBerry didn't over customize stuff to keep it close to vanilla as possible. I'm still trying to understand the problem. It's just that you're not used to Android it seems.

There are other things you can do, other than switching some of the settings and torch etc. I use it to switch profiles, which is very handy.
    08-07-17 05:09 PM
    There are other things you can do, other than switching some of the settings and torch etc. I use it to switch profiles, which is very handy.
    We must have the control over our hands. I'm not saying we should disable it completely (thnx auto-corrector for spelling "completely", never getting it right ), we just need a toggle.

Control and knowledge gets you secure too. We know that through wifi is very easy to infiltrate a virus/malware, so why should this option be available for anyone to turn on or off?
    I mean these are details, and in some cases they are critical but we really need control over our devices!
    08-08-17 06:20 AM
    We must have the control over our hands. I'm not saying we should disable it completely (thnx auto-corrector for spelling "completely", never getting it right ), we just need a toggle.

Control and knowledge gets you secure too. We know that through wifi is very easy to infiltrate a virus/malware, so why should this option be available for anyone to turn on or off?
    I mean these are details, and in some cases they are critical but we really need control over our devices!
    Yes but you're missing a point, that's Android level functionality. It's not BBOS or BB10.

Unless BlackBerry goes out of the way to customise the vanilla Android, this ain't happening.

Btw welcome to Android world.
    08-08-17 06:29 AM

Btw welcome to Android world.
    thnx.. Cheers

p.s. waiting for BB10 to revive...
    08-08-17 06:35 AM
    thnx.. Cheers

Unfortunately that's a dead unicorn.....
    08-08-17 07:08 AM
    People that aren't supposed to see any of your info can actually get a little control and info from that. BB better fix it because it regards privacy which is their Huge selling point.
    What info is so private from the drop down menu?
    08-09-17 08:51 PM
    What info is so private from the drop down menu?
    I answered already this question in one of the comments above.
    08-10-17 03:42 AM
    thnx.. Cheers

Unfortunately Android control is only subjective ... a real true false !

Just an opened door on the cloud that others people are owning the keys ... multipass !
    08-10-17 03:09 PM