Compared to my note 4 the screen on the keyone is dim, even after turning the brightness all the way up. Just wondering if this is normal ?
    06-07-17 11:34 AM
    I imagine it is all relative. I actually keep my devices at less than half their brightness. I'm like a mogwai (bright lights! bright lights!) ... and saves a little more battery.
    06-07-17 02:27 PM
    There's no definitive answer here. It's not as if anyone has collected all the devices in the world and compared them sadly lol. Displays vary across the board, the real question is, can you live with the brightness the KEYone is set to? You can try a replacement, but there's no guar. that's going to be any better or worse.
    anon(10250369) likes this.
    06-07-17 02:27 PM
    My screen is bright. Like crazy bright. I actually was worried after some initial reviews suggested it might be dim. I'm at 50% brightness most the time and that while using in direct sunlight.
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    06-07-17 02:47 PM
    My screen is bright. Like crazy bright. I actually was worried after some initial reviews suggested it might be dim. I'm at 50% brightness most the time and that while using in direct sunlight.
    Agreed same here. This is the first phone I can use with the auto brightness set. Doesn't get too dim in the dark like all the Samsung I've used. And plenty bright in the sun
    06-07-17 03:15 PM
    Agreed same here. This is the first phone I can use with the auto brightness set. Doesn't get too dim in the dark like all the Samsung I've used. And plenty bright in the sun
    I've used the K1 as my display for my Mavic Drone outside in the brightest of sun. Zero issues.
    06-07-17 03:17 PM
    I'm not sure what it is, but almost all screens these days are super bright to me. For my personal experience, Samsung was brighter than Apple. Keyone is definitely dimmer on the max setting than the others. Nevertheless, I have it set on min with auto adjust. I am happy with the brightness. I think brightness has become one of those sales metrics that doesn't actually improve the experience but is advertised on every phone. However, I notice the distinct burning sensation in my eyeballs that comes from this phenomenon.
    06-07-17 03:59 PM
    My device is very bright. I don't have adaptive brightness on which I think is the reason for that.
    06-07-17 04:16 PM
    Indeed turning off adaptive brightness gives you a better range of brightness both light and dark. If you feel like the whole range is a bit muddled, try turning it off.
    supertom likes this.
    06-07-17 04:45 PM