02-28-19 02:30 PM
174 ... 567
tools
    Managed to get my friend down to $250 for his KEYᵒⁿᵉ silver but after playing with it the lag is so bad that I would want him to do a factory reset first and second that keyboard is just too small.
    He is on 8.1 so is that the latest update for the KEYᵒⁿᵉ?

I wonder how long one would have to test out the KEY2 before being able to return if the customer wasn't satisfied?

I may just wait for the KEY2 to come down in price and low ball that phone one day.
    I’m done until the next AT&T device and then only if supporting WFC and VoLTE.
    psychofox13 likes this.
    09-26-18 11:48 PM
    Noticed a few random reboots last few days.

Yesterday the display just glitched and the phone turns on (backlighting on only) and fingerprint buzzes when touched but nothing on the screen. Had to do a hard reset (held power until it booted)

I still reboot my phone once a week. I make it a habit to reboot on my off days from work. Apps load a little faster, but I still notice a lot of reloads when switching back and forth. Noticeable near the end of my work week.

KEYONE silver with ABD796.
    09-27-18 04:39 PM
    Updated today my BE to Oreo - not really aware about major changes during the first couple of hours in use.

Only one annoying issue let me struggle, had with my BE the original BB smart flip cover with the window and I'm pushing quite often a double tap into the window to check if new e-mails are visible. Tried this today and it looks like that this functionality is no longer working nor supported with Oreo (found in a German speaking forum the remark, that there's no smart cover for Key2, thus no smart cover functionality in the settings)

Did anyone have maybe a solution to fix this?

thanks
    steffen
    09-28-18 02:08 PM
    Since upgrade to Oreo there are no more settings for using a smart case. Display does not react with a smart case. :-(
    09-28-18 04:52 PM
    Recently my phone gets extremely laggy when I receive and download multiple original size photos on my WeChat dialogue. So I have deleted quite a lot old photos in the dialogues. It never happened on Nougat.
    09-28-18 05:26 PM
    Can someone explain me what's the magnifier key on the pkb?

09-28-18 05:28 PM
    I had time to spend with my friends laggy Keyone which he complains to me constantly. Began looking through the phone and found that he had an unbelievable amount of tabs open. Like you could not possibly count all the tabs. I had no idea that chrome browser would even let you have that many tabs open.

I spent a good few minutes tapping the X in the corner closing the bazillion tabs then went into settings / apps and forced closed chrome then cleared cache. I then rebooted the phone and it seemed to have picked up the pace. I played with the phone for some time and it did perform much better. Not as fast as my Oneplus 3T but acceptable too own. Suggested uninstalling Facebook and using a bookmark in the Firefox browser instead and instagram alike. By only using Messenger Lite for Facebook and Direct for Instagram it can keep things a bit lite weight.

I still recommended to him that he should Reset the phone and it will be even better but I guess much of the complaints could be user error. Not all but some.
    09-29-18 11:55 PM
    i got oreo - looks and feels really good, a bit snappier ...
    what I miss though is the ability to clear the cache of the RAM. this was very easy on nougat, going to storage and there havit the option to clear cache for ram.
    now i do get a message that RAM is full and can open a window to stop some apps running in background but also this doesn't realy work for all...

any tricks known?
    09-30-18 03:19 AM
    Seems like I'm the only one suffering with a buggy "calling" function. Before update, I could use the phone as a phone and "call" my contacts. Now at least once/ twice a day, it just loops when I try to call. Only work around is restart my phone. Then I can call someone. I tried to factory reset my phone. Install all my apps again and still have this problem. I even switched phones for a few weeks and stopped visiting Crackerry BUT picked up my K1 again as my main device due to the PKB. So now if I make calls, I just restart my phone first...pretty annoying BUT not as bad as typing with a VKB. Maybe when an update eventually arrives (not I'm still on July security patch), things may be fixed? Finger crossed.
    09-30-18 03:59 AM

Only one annoying issue let me struggle, had with my BE the original BB smart flip cover with the window and I'm pushing quite often a double tap into the window to check if new e-mails are visible.
    Same issue here and it is very annoying. I have both flip case with window, and original BlackBerry pouch with window, both were expensive and now they not work with Oreo. Hope they'll fix this or I can throw away pouch case, again original and expensive.
    09-30-18 04:05 AM
    after one day on Oreo - the main thing which seems buggy is the swipe up for inserting proposed words...
    09-30-18 09:55 AM
    i have gotten a completely new and different phone. i hated this phone prior to this update.
    1. I got HD calls activated which I didnt have before for some reason and my phone call quality consequently got so much better.
    2. Battery life is much much longer. Uncomparable to one before.
    3. Phone got snappier and more stable. Only exception is when i type really fast there is some slight milisecond lag in text appearing.
    4. New phone app is wow, modern and faster.
    5. I like the new small video window in the background.
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    09-30-18 11:39 AM
    Been playing with few days so far.

Two things that makes me disappointed.

-keyboard lag. Even Im typing its lagging.

-absurdly big notifications. As soon as a new notification comes, its just too big. Then backs to normal on the notification center on lock screen.
    09-30-18 06:33 PM
    I had time to spend with my friends laggy Keyone which he complains to me constantly. Began looking through the phone and found that he had an unbelievable amount of tabs open. Like you could not possibly count all the tabs. I had no idea that chrome browser would even let you have that many tabs open.

I spent a good few minutes tapping the X in the corner closing the bazillion tabs then went into settings / apps and forced closed chrome then cleared cache. I then rebooted the phone and it seemed to have picked up the pace. I played with the phone for some time and it did perform much better. Not as fast as my Oneplus 3T but acceptable too own. Suggested uninstalling Facebook and using a bookmark in the Firefox browser instead and instagram alike. By only using Messenger Lite for Facebook and Direct for Instagram it can keep things a bit lite weight.

I still recommended to him that he should Reset the phone and it will be even better but I guess much of the complaints could be user error. Not all but some.
    Replying to my own post to update. I had my friend re-enable the HUB after one day and it's still having severe lag issues. Yes he still needs to rest the phone to know for sure if it is going to be thrown in the garbage lol.

Yep I think I'll consider KEY2 of 3 we will see.
    10-01-18 09:57 AM
    I am absolutely amazed by this phone, more than it was new. I have it like half a year now.

Typing experience is GREAT
    Phone is fast, no lags
    Memory is clean
    64 GB is more than enough
    Battery life is G.R.E.A.T - 3 hours waze navigation with display always on and only 20% battery down
    Spacebar finger print sensor - fast, reliable, always used
    HUB - good but I am not satisfied

I am a happy user, not currently looking for K2 or K2LE.
    10-01-18 10:02 AM
    got the update on Wednesday here in the UK on Vodafone. All works great except Google Pay.
    Use it a lot so hopefully, it can be resolved soon.
    10-01-18 10:46 AM
    phone's performance is flawless since the update
    10-01-18 04:11 PM
    I didn't notice much difference, except:
    - Google Maps will be displayed, when it is in background (and I guess so will some other apps)
    - Amazon Appstore is broken
    - Notifications are more confusing.
    10-02-18 04:31 AM
    Oh, and what's really annoying:
    Before the update, the phone was quiet during calls - now I get a sound for every Hangouts message during a call - that is annoying. Is it possible to change that?
    10-03-18 12:44 PM
    Since the update, the screen lights up randomly but for no reason since there are no notification at all.

Can't figure out what is causing it....
    11-05-18 10:44 PM
    Am experiencing low memory issues on my Black Edition since updating to Oreo. See also a different thread I just started.
    11-06-18 01:56 AM
    my phone seems smoother and faster. but not much. The problem after upgrading is that now I can not update or download in Play store. I tried whatever that people talk in internet but it doesn't work in my case.
    11-06-18 08:15 AM
    my phone seems smoother and faster. but not much. The problem after upgrading is that now I can not update or download in Play store. I tried whatever that people talk in internet but it doesn't work in my case.
    Did you tried the "checkin" code?
    11-06-18 08:58 AM
    Same issue here and it is very annoying. I have both flip case with window, and original BlackBerry pouch with window, both were expensive and now they not work with Oreo. Hope they'll fix this or I can throw away pouch case, again original and expensive.
    found by luck that with the recent update to ABP819 a new (?) functionality is back under settings - display - last entry point smart cover - but unfortunately it didn't work with a double tap to re-active the window in the flip case

might it be possible that another BE user with a flip case can test if I'm wrong?
    02-28-19 02:30 PM
174 ... 567