I wish Oreo made the keys matte...
    And the phone ip68
    the_boon and Paisley Pirate like this.
    08-29-18 06:30 AM
    it's been nice. no complaints.
    08-29-18 06:51 AM
    Great so far. I've had no major issues on Nougat either but Oreo seems to be even better for me in terms of fluidity and battery life. One thing that unfortunately didn't get any better is the usability of the capacitive PKB when selecting larger portions of text, it's practically unusable for larger text editing IMHO. But that's no different from Nougat.
    08-29-18 08:52 AM
    Great so far. I've had no major issues on Nougat either but Oreo seems to be even better for me in terms of fluidity and battery life. One thing that unfortunately didn't get any better is the usability of the capacitive PKB when selecting larger portions of text, it's practically unusable for larger text editing IMHO. But that's no different from Nougat.
    That's the glossy keys' fault
    08-29-18 09:02 AM
    For those of you who have got and used the Oreo updtae for a while now, what are some of the things you're loving? Anything you're hating about the new update? Sound off and lemme know.
    it is like a bought a brand new phone. I never had an update before that would make such a drastic change in performance. i am totally floored. My original KEYone silver is literally flying on OREO.
    the_boon and Frank Costanza like this.
    08-29-18 09:22 AM
    - Battery life seems longer
    - Some apps work better
    - I see Cast and Printing are now part of Connected Devices (although they may have been there before but I just never noticed them).
    - Some cool new shortcuts.

Issues:
    - Not sure if it has to do with Google but my gmail was not syncing every 5 minutes for the first few weeks. I had to manually sync it every few hours. Seems okay now but I'm still a bit leery.
    - Not sure if this has to do with Oreo but my flashlight shortcut doesn't work anymore.
    08-29-18 10:25 AM
    Well, my screen still hasn't come loose yet, so there's that...

Overall, no complaints. Had a couple of apps do odd things with the change, but nothing insurmountable (or really even complaint worthy).

Only miss for me is the phone app change on answering an incoming call. Picture went small, and the swipe change feels awkward. I'll adapt though.
    08-29-18 10:33 AM
    While I'm enjoying some of the new interfaces, I'm not liking some of the replaced actions when tapping notification icons. Tapping the battery turns on saver, whereas it used to show me the graphical usage; tapping network now turns it off rather than showing me usage; Do Not Disturb options are not different; etc. I have not located if it's possible to change the default taps.

My phone is also super laggy now, especially in the messaging app. Unfortunately, I can't find the memory usage in the same place it used to be...anyone know where it went?

Finally, call forwarding doesn't work anymore. I get a network / SIM error with no easy fix, and I'm not sure how to go about resolving this one...

Overall? I wish I could revert back from this update.
    skinnymike1 and hjc73734 like this.
    08-29-18 11:38 AM
    While I'm enjoying some of the new interfaces, I'm not liking some of the replaced actions when tapping notification icons. Tapping the battery turns on saver, whereas it used to show me the graphical usage; tapping network now turns it off rather than showing me usage; Do Not Disturb options are not different; etc. I have not located if it's possible to change the default taps.

My phone is also super laggy now, especially in the messaging app. Unfortunately, I can't find the memory usage in the same place it used to be...anyone know where it went?

Finally, call forwarding doesn't work anymore. I get a network / SIM error with no easy fix, and I'm not sure how to go about resolving this one...

Brillo9, I, too, was getting the error message about SIM card when it came to setting call forwarding and additional call options. It was working just fine prior to the Oreo update.
    This was on my AT&T prepaid plan. This is unacceptable to me as I use google voice to manage my voicemails. So I immediately went to a T-mobile One plan (for more money -- T-mobile still does not offer call forwarding on their pre-paid) and I have those options back now.
    Sigewif likes this.
    08-29-18 12:17 PM
    Still getting random Bluetooth disconnects or just failures to reconnect between my phone and my LG Watch Sport which runs Oreo 8.0 and the latest Wear OS.

I have also seen some weirdness, like the phone hanging and then claiming that the Sonos app has become unresponsive...never had this problem before. I did add a Samsung MicroSD care before upgrading but the card is not mapped as internal memory, just additional storage for media.

Oreo does offer better, prettier, notifications on the lock screen. But it also seems to remove the WiFi calling menu although if WiFi calling is available (as it is on T-Mobile) it will activate the feature and it’s preferences will be available by clicking on its notification but in Nougat the menu was always available from the Phone app IIRC.

So I’d say it’s a nice upgrade but Nougat seemed to be a bit more polished for this phone.
    08-29-18 12:58 PM
    I have a couple of things. First, when I open WhatsApp from the lock screen notification, the PKB does not work until I minimize the app and then open it. I do not need to close the app totally.

Second, when I get home, WiFi will connect to my home network, but will not connect to the internet. I have tried turning WiFi on/off and it still says no internet. I restart the phone and it connects to home WiFi with internet.

I have also had sporadic problems getting Bluetooth devices to connect. When they won't connect, I restart the phone and they do connect. The stranger thing is this has happened while my Garmin watch stays connected and the next device will not connect.

I guess that is 3 things.
    08-29-18 02:01 PM
    I have not paid so much attention to specifics, but everything seems to be humming along. I did discover that the Locker app has had a major update. I don't know if it came with the Oreo update or an app update that showed up right around the same time. I think my battery may be slightly worse, however that may be to me having been using the phone more than usual (which yea, I would say is true), and it still settling.
    I don't care for how battery graph is not what you see when you click on the icon. I had to search to find it, and finally asked someone in a BBM chat. I check that often enough that I prefer not having to go looking for it.
    I will try to be a little more observant and report back again if I see anything else.
    08-29-18 03:25 PM
    Mostly happy.
    Speed/memory definitely seems improved. Love PIP, like the new phone app.
    Some small complaints with wifi UI.

And then some old issues with the Nougat never got addressed in Oreo.
    08-29-18 04:43 PM

I assume you've done the 32-second power hold reboot?

If that doesn't solve it I'd be doing a full device reset to get a fresh OS load and start over.

What you're describing is NOT because of core Oreo.

There is something else going on. I'd not put up with it.
    08-29-18 05:30 PM
    I can't find the memory usage in the same place it used to be...anyone know where it went?
    It's now under system-Developer Options
    08-29-18 06:08 PM
    Unfortunately, I can't find the memory usage in the same place it used to be...anyone know where it went?
    There is a Memory usage module in Power Center?

How is Android Oreo treating you on the KEYone?-1535591671934.jpg
    brillo9 and Sigewif like this.
    08-29-18 08:17 PM
    Overall really enjoy it. Couple of things I'm not a fan of so far:

1. I have a daily Do Not Disturb mode set up. When the phone goes into DND, it comes off of vibrate, which is fine as notifications don't make noise. The problem is, my phone doesn't go back onto vibrate when it auto comes off of DND mode. It's annoying starting to hear notifications binging in at 0530 in the morning when I'm trying to get ready without disturbing my wife who is still sleeping. Haven't found a way to fix this yet.

2. For some reason, my notifications for Facebook changed from two short vibrates and a blue LED to two long vibrates and a red LED. Haven't been able to figure out a fix for that either (and please don't tell me to DL an app that I can use - it worked before, it should work now).
    08-29-18 08:38 PM
    overall I would say it been good.. not great. Took a while to figure out how to reconfigure the phone have wifi calling again (on tmo), that was a pain. Excessive battery drain was persistent the first few days and the phone app became very laggy. but after a hard reset last night... the battery seems to be better, I cleared the cache on the phone it's "better" but still laggy and the wifi calls now work. The rest of the phone is silky smooth and noticeably quicker. web browsing is faster etc. It feels like the device is starting to catch a groove after a couple of hiccups
    08-29-18 08:51 PM
    Thanks rolfep!
    rolfep likes this.
    08-29-18 09:20 PM
    Battery life sucks, it's 8pm and I'm down to 19%. Previously, I would be at 40% around 11pm.
    08-29-18 10:01 PM
    This is the best update I have ever had on any phone I owned. This update made huge improvements in my phone performance. The phone feels way faster and battery life is also much better. I never had any update that would make such drastic performance improvements as OREO on KEYone. I have 0 need to upgrade to any phone. I will keep this KEYone for a long , long time
    08-30-18 04:39 AM
    Does anybody know if bluetooth stack / drivers / whatever it is was is updated in oreo?

Nougat is know for having weak BT stack; compatibility with older devices is an issue for some users.
    08-30-18 06:03 AM
    Does anybody know if bluetooth stack / drivers / whatever it is was is updated in oreo?

Nougat is know for having weak BT stack; compatibility with older devices is an issue for some users.
    BT is still an issue even with Oreo. I think it is the phone itself that is the problem.
    08-30-18 06:13 AM
    Europeans still haven't got Oreo... and still miss security patches for July and August!!!
    08-30-18 06:21 AM
    Running smooth and quick!
    08-30-18 06:37 AM
174 1234 ...