until date today I'm still not yet receive any oreo update.
    (🇲🇾 Malaysia)
    pgg101 likes this.
    08-30-18 08:18 AM
    Apparently. Even though I bought it SIM free.

Imagine asking a group of diners how their meal is, except some got their food after an hour and some are still waiting for their dinner days later... then blaming the waiter!
    You would be blaming the waiter if the waiter was the cause of the delay, taking his/her sweet time about delivering your meal and insisting on tasting everything first to make sure it was up to his/her standards. That's VZW
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    08-30-18 09:20 AM

The only complaint I have is that my car's bluetooth radio doesn't know what's playing anymore.
    What sort of vehicle do you have? Everything shows up on my bluetooth/USB what is playing through the phone (without android auto). But only Google Music lets me search my playlists/songs/etc... directly through my touch screen in the car - otherwise I'm stuck with whatever playlist was playing last on another app I might have used.

2018 Sonic w/MyLink is what I drive.
    08-30-18 03:20 PM
    What sort of vehicle do you have? Everything shows up on my bluetooth/USB what is playing through the phone (without android auto). But only Google Music lets me search my playlists/songs/etc... directly through my touch screen in the car - otherwise I'm stuck with whatever playlist was playing last on another app I might have used.

2018 Sonic w/MyLink is what I drive.
    2011 Ford Fusion w/ Ford Sync. Not a touch screen. It also didn't work in my friend's 2018 Subaru WRX w/ Nav, so it's not because my car is aging. :P

I use Google Assistant to play specific songs or do anything with the phone while I drive. The voice actions aren't exactly good with Ford Sync.
    08-30-18 04:19 PM
    I have noticed one new, odd thing. I will be in an app and it suddenly closes. Feedly does this a lot. It is no longer in the task view. I am just halfway through reading an article, my finger is not on the screen, and then the next second I'm at the home screen. No error. Anyone else seeing random app closures?
    08-30-18 04:27 PM
    Ford
    I wasn't going to say it's because your car is aging at all... Might be another reason
    08-30-18 04:28 PM
    I wasn't going to say it's because your car is aging at all... Might be another reason
    But Subaru too?
    08-30-18 04:30 PM
    It does feel a bit smoother all around. I love the new notification settings, "channels" I believe they are called. Channels on the lock screen are almost BB10-like and are a nice touch. Also love that the ringer and notification volumes are separate. Now if only they would give us the option to have the volume keys control media volume by default.
    You can do that with Button Mapper pro version ($3.99)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ar2.homebutton
    08-30-18 09:08 PM
    I like the interface it self but it feels like my battery life has taken a major hit. Sadly that was my favorite thing about my K1 previously.
    08-31-18 07:00 AM
    overall I would say it been good.. not great. Took a while to figure out how to reconfigure the phone have wifi calling again (on tmo), that was a pain. Excessive battery drain was persistent the first few days and the phone app became very laggy. but after a hard reset last night... the battery seems to be better, I cleared the cache on the phone it's "better" but still laggy and the wifi calls now work. The rest of the phone is silky smooth and noticeably quicker. web browsing is faster etc. It feels like the device is starting to catch a groove after a couple of hiccups
    On TMo here too. How did you get wifi calling back? The "Advanced" option doesn't appear on mine.
    08-31-18 07:16 AM
    On TMo here too. How did you get wifi calling back? The "Advanced" option doesn't appear on mine.
    Using the dialer, *#*#46368676#*#* gets you to a Phone info page where, at the bottom, you can turn on/off provisioning for wifi calling
    keyboardweeb likes this.
    08-31-18 07:20 AM
    Just copy and paste the symbols into the dialer.. It will automatically take you a settings page. There you'll be able to turn it on
    08-31-18 07:22 AM
    Apparently. Even though I bought it SIM free.

Imagine asking a group of diners how their meal is, except some got their food after an hour and some are still waiting for their dinner days later... then blaming the waiter!
    T-Mobile has no problems...VoWIFI works great! Call quality much better!
    08-31-18 10:22 AM
    I don’t know about “better”. Sound just as good as always to me. I do notice that it has a tendency to disable and then quickly re-enable VoWiFi while moving around the apartment. I wish they would just provide human digestible feedback as to what is going on when VoWiFi drops off instead of “Enabling”, “Reg99”, etc. That aspect of the feature is still the same with the added wrinkle of the settings not being available from anywhere except the notification itself.
    08-31-18 11:06 AM
    Unlocked BE on ATT, battery life is almost back 7.0 life, was horrible after update. I now get random warnings of corrupt sd card, reboot and clearing apps cache cures it. Apps will shut down at random and screen will wake from sleep for no reason. As for performance, I don't see much improvement.
    08-31-18 11:09 AM
    No Oreo in Europe available !!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-31-18 12:46 PM
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13268713
    08-31-18 01:15 PM
    2011 Ford Fusion w/ Ford Sync. Not a touch screen. It also didn't work in my friend's 2018 Subaru WRX w/ Nav, so it's not because my car is aging.

I use Google Assistant to play specific songs or do anything with the phone while I drive. The voice actions aren't exactly good with Ford Sync.
    Ugh, Ford Sync without the touchscreen is the worst! That's what I have in my F150, and I'm going to replace it with something else once I decide what. Would not mind a factory MyFordTouch unit like is in our Escape (the Sony amp is awesome), but that's insanely expensive from what I've found.
    08-31-18 04:00 PM
    Booo
    08-31-18 04:00 PM
    Only miss for me is the phone app change on answering an incoming call. Picture went small, and the swipe change feels awkward. I'll adapt though.
    I use the double click spacebar to answer calls, and the power button to end calls. So - never bothered figuring out how the new call screen works

I really love those two settings. Between those and the speakerphone key ($) and the convenience key to mute, I never have to touch the screen at all while on a call. It's amazing.
    psychofox13 likes this.
    09-01-18 10:23 AM
    I use the double click spacebar to answer calls, and the power button to end calls. So - never bothered figuring out how the new call screen works

I really love those two settings. Between those and the speakerphone key ($) and the convenience key to mute, I never have to touch the screen at all while on a call. It's amazing.
    I love that spacebar to answer too. One of the few great ideas BBMo had, haha!
    09-01-18 10:55 AM
    You can do that with Button Mapper pro version ($3.99)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ar2.homebutton
    True, but many of us prefer native features over needing to load an app for that function. Usually integration is better as well.

Also, security sensitive companies like mine don't allow 3rd party apps that require access to core functions and unnecessary permissions (and haven't been vetted by IT) on Enterprise phones. In that regard more native features to the OS are appreciated.
    09-01-18 11:03 AM
    Ugh, Ford Sync without the touchscreen is the worst! That's what I have in my F150, and I'm going to replace it with something else once I decide what. Would not mind a factory MyFordTouch unit like is in our Escape (the Sony amp is awesome), but that's insanely expensive from what I've found.
    To be honest, I don't mind it. I've gotten used to navigating the menus, and it's really easy to use as long as you don't use the voice commands. That's what "HEY GOOGLE" is for, haha. I do got that sweet Sony set, though. I was very surprised by the audio quality, and the stock bass, that that pretty much sold the car. With the updates to the radio, bluetooth quality got way better. I stopped using a flash drive.
    09-01-18 11:12 AM
    I have the beta and am loving it except for one thing Google Pay isn't working cos my phones now rooted. Any idea if there's another update to fix that?
    09-01-18 11:30 AM
    While I'm enjoying some of the new interfaces, I'm not liking some of the replaced actions when tapping notification icons. Tapping the battery turns on saver, whereas it used to show me the graphical usage; tapping network now turns it off rather than showing me usage; Do Not Disturb options are not different; etc. I have not located if it's possible to change the default taps.

My phone is also super laggy now, especially in the messaging app. Unfortunately, I can't find the memory usage in the same place it used to be...anyone know where it went?

Finally, call forwarding doesn't work anymore. I get a network / SIM error with no easy fix, and I'm not sure how to go about resolving this one...

Overall? I wish I could revert back from this update.
    Add to the list: hub is no longer refreshing by itself...so it's basically no longer a BlackBerry. Disappointed.
    09-01-18 11:45 AM
174 12345 ...