For those of you who have got and used the Oreo updtae for a while now, what are some of the things you're loving? Anything you're hating about the new update? Sound off and lemme know.
    08-28-18 03:09 PM
    The fluidity of the system and how the apps are behaving, if that makes sense.
    Bla1ze and jamesharmeling like this.
    08-28-18 03:10 PM
    I wouldn't know, I have a BBB100-3 PRD-63118-001....

Sorry Bla1ze, couldn't resist

I AM running it on my S9 and love it.
    pgg101 likes this.
    08-28-18 03:28 PM
    I don't have it yet on my KEYone (wish it would show up) but people I know that do have it say it's great and it's like having a brand new phone
    08-28-18 03:29 PM
    I agree, it does feel like a new phone. This is with the 3GB Space Black AT&T model. Couldn't be happier.
    pantagruel_bb and Bla1ze like this.
    08-28-18 03:33 PM
    No more clearing the cache! Six weeks later, and still as smooth as silk.
    Sigewif, C_McD and cmdaga like this.
    08-28-18 03:34 PM
    It's similar in many ways to how my KEYᵒⁿᵉ was operating with Nougat. Perhaps a bit quicker. One thing I struggled with at first was reconfiguring notifications. Several settings were changed after the update.

The whole "clear cache" gone, actually had me confused at first. I still go into individual apps to clear it (Facebook and YouTube for instance).

I noticed that the Oreo update somehow reduced the total storage used by about 1 or 2 GB, which was a good thing, specially for those with the silver model and 32 GB (like my girlfriend).

I never really had any lag issues with my device on Nougat (maybe once or twice at most). So that's why I haven't noticed that much of a change. My girlfriend, however, did mention that her phone was running better and faster (that could also be, because we had to clean up her internal and SD storage).

I'm glad though, of having Oreo on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ, as I feel it keeps it on par with most other Android devices out there. So much that I don't feel the need to buy any other device for the time being. It's more than good enough for my everyday use, so I can well wait for a KEY3...
    08-28-18 03:34 PM
    Contentious thread considering the large proportion of users without the update, which would be fewer still were it not for autoloaders.

Poor service and that's all there is to it. almost 4 months since last update here.
    08-28-18 04:13 PM
    Faster image rendering
    Faster Internet Web browser
    BEST: overcame problem of WiFi 5G dropping internet
    Memory use (nominal) now about 60% formerly about 80%
    Seems to clear cache automatically
    Longer battery life.
    Never had system crash since update

Most other changes from 7.1 > 8.1 were somewhat cosmetic
    Last edited by mandony; 08-28-18 at 07:27 PM.
    08-28-18 05:10 PM
    So far, I'm loving Oreo on my K1 SE. The experience feels like what the K1 should've had from the getgo. Smooth UI and working 5GHz WiFi.

The only complaint I have is that my car's bluetooth radio doesn't know what's playing anymore. It simply displays "Unknown / Unknown" when prior to the update it would show the song information. Very annoying since the radio stations here are kinda awful. To note, I have tried adjusting the Bluetooth AVRCP to 1.3 (and the other options) as found on general Oreo bluetooth shenanigans. There's other options I've been meaning to mess with to see what happens.
    08-28-18 05:14 PM
    It's running very smooth for me. I love it! It's like a new phone.

I had to restart once after uninstalling an app... then immediately after my app store updates started hanging. Restarted and all good.

Otherwise... flawless.
    08-28-18 05:37 PM
    Wouldn't know sadly..BBB100-3 PRD63118-001 hasn't gotten it yet. Pathetic really.
    OrlandoAlex and pgg101 like this.
    08-28-18 05:39 PM
    I don't have oreo yet on my sprint keyone. I am reaching to sprint and TCL but they're blaming at each other

Posted via CB10
    08-28-18 06:12 PM
    I don't have oreo yet on my sprint keyone. I am reaching to sprint and TCL but they're blaming at each other

Posted via CB10
    When it comes to update ETA's, that's all you'll ever get. There's no point in trying to get a specific ETA when they haven't released that information publicly.
    08-28-18 06:17 PM
    my ATT uverse app won't stream live TV anymore

Correction. ATT uverse app was updated this evening at the gooooogle store and it now works.
    Last edited by VictorRight; 08-29-18 at 01:58 AM.
    08-28-18 06:40 PM
    So far Bla1ze I only have Oreo on my AT&T branded KEYᵒⁿᵉ. So far so good with Oreo. What I do like the most thus far is most apps have customizable notifications, a big plus for me. What I like the least is the reduction in size of the incoming call screen photo but I'm "adjusting" to it.
    08-28-18 06:44 PM
    BEST: overcame problem of WiFi 5G dropping internet
    Amen to that one.

The SECOND biggest difference to me is how quickly apps restore to the foreground. Previously, the United Airlines app would always seem to start from scratch every time I launched it from my keyboard shortcut (from the home screen). Now it picks up right where it left off.

I have experienced only improvement from the update. No new problems for me.
    08-28-18 07:53 PM
    My battery life has noticeably improved. Overall, the performance is much smoother. Not having to clear my cache is worth the upgrade on its own. My call quality was always subpar. The volume was way too low. I always resorted to using the speaker phone. It's improved to the point that I can now use my phone in the more traditional way, though I wish the volume on the handset was louder.
    08-28-18 09:41 PM
    I notice absolutely no difference lol. I never cleared the cache in Nougat so not having to do so in oreo is moot for me. my phone runs smooth as silk.

the only thing that might be a little bit better is Bluetooth connectivity. My aftershokz seem to connect faster. can't speak to the call quality though, don't use them for that much. audio sounds the same to me.
    08-28-18 10:09 PM
    I've been very happy with the update. Battery life has improved, my Bluetooth connection to my car has improved, and the little tweaks here and there are welcome. Really, the changes aren't life-changing, but I understand why those left behind are upset.
    08-28-18 10:19 PM
    Contentious thread considering the large proportion of users without the update, which would be fewer still were it not for autoloaders.

Poor service and that's all there is to it. almost 4 months since last update here.
    That is your carriers fault.
    08-28-18 10:23 PM
    It does feel a bit smoother all around. I love the new notification settings, "channels" I believe they are called. Channels on the lock screen are almost BB10-like and are a nice touch. Also love that the ringer and notification volumes are separate. Now if only they would give us the option to have the volume keys control media volume by default.
    08-28-18 10:48 PM
    That is your carriers fault.
    Apparently. Even though I bought it SIM free.

Imagine asking a group of diners how their meal is, except some got their food after an hour and some are still waiting for their dinner days later... then blaming the waiter!
    08-28-18 11:44 PM
    i love changes in :
    lock screen
    notification shade
    notification channel
    pip
    settings
    Phone app

i hate :
    having to wait for my next phone (key3) to be on the next android P or Q

I did not notice :
    Changes in speed, fluidity nor laginess
    08-28-18 11:49 PM
    I wish Oreo made the keys matte...
    john_v, skinnymike1 and Baconwich like this.
    08-29-18 03:59 AM
174 123 ...