The only thing that frustrates me with my Keyone is Typing numbers. I would love to see a single line virtual keyboard above my physical keyboard with just numbers.

You already have the option to always display a virtual keyboard - but I don't want the whole keyboard - just a small line of numbers.

What does everyone think ? Can we get Blackberry to add this ?
    phuoc and anon(9188202) like this.
    02-25-18 02:19 PM
    I'm sure they could do that, after all that's how it works on a real blackberry ( passport). 😎
    Qorax and neoberry99 like this.
    02-25-18 03:17 PM
    I'm guessing no one thought of it but it seems like a good idea to me.
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    02-25-18 03:23 PM
    It would make my life a thousand times easier - I love my Keyone but I hate giving it to someone to type their phone number into - it goes from being the coolest phone to a Kludge - so easy to fix this - come on Blackberry - throw us a bone.
    02-25-18 03:25 PM
    Loved the Passport - if only it had been fully compatible with Google Play store it would have been a success.
    02-25-18 03:26 PM
    The only thing that frustrates me with my Keyone is Typing numbers. I would love to see a single line virtual keyboard above my physical keyboard with just numbers.
    I agree! Typing numbers as often as one (at least me) must makes typing them on the KEYone very frustrating. It throws off my whole rhythm and slows me down considerably. I thought I would eventually get used to it, but it hasn't happened and doesn't look like it is going to. IMHO, Passport had that - along with a lot of other stuff - right.
    02-25-18 03:33 PM
    It would make my life a thousand times easier - I love my Keyone but I hate giving it to someone to type their phone number into - it goes from being the coolest phone to a Kludge - so easy to fix this - come on Blackberry - throw us a bone.
    One thing I like about my iPad, it automatically turns on the num lock when ever numbers are the logical input (like phone or zip code fields, even in my bible app, after I enter the book it automatically switches to numbers so I can enter the chapter and verse). None of my androids seem to do that???
    02-25-18 07:52 PM
    Just long press the ALT key and enable number input from the PKB. It's as easy as 3.1416.....
    FF22 likes this.
    02-25-18 08:31 PM
    Just long press the ALT key and enable number input from the PKB. It's as easy as 3.1416.....
    +1
    I'd rather see the return of the alt + shift combo to lock special characters/numbers.
    I know you can long press the alt, but the combo to me is faster and my muscle memory is more trained towards it using after years of BlackBerry keyboards.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    02-25-18 08:41 PM
    Actually the shortcut to lock in numbers and symbols is a quick double-press of the ALT key. Also, a double-press of the SHIFT key is caps lock. Both are a little faster than long-pressing.
    Last edited by Shifty88; 02-25-18 at 09:24 PM.
    02-25-18 09:00 PM
    I want comma, question mark and period keys!!! Or give up back the %b macro in word substitution.
    02-25-18 10:37 PM
    Hitting 2 buttons at once is just as fast as on on the screen above for me. But I'm used to the BlackBerry 4 row keyboard.
    TCM01 likes this.
    02-25-18 11:10 PM
    I want comma, question mark and period keys!!! Or give up back the %b macro in word substitution.
    The second part they should be doing. And I think they easily can! (probably)

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    FF22 likes this.
    02-25-18 11:37 PM
    Use the SYM key/tap and hold the VKP on the screen an slide to the left....This brings up the Number pad.
    02-25-18 11:46 PM
    Actually the shortcut to lock in numbers and symbols is a quick double-press of the ALT key. Also, a double-press of the SHIFT key is caps lock. Both are a little faster than long-pressing.
    Yes, if you want numbers or characters, this is the quickest way: two clicks of the ALT key turns it on, one click off.

Same applies to the shift key.

Alternatively you can customise the SYM key to bring numbers up.

But an additional numbers row would probably be quicker though..
    TCM01, FF22 and anon(9188202) like this.
    02-26-18 03:26 AM
    Thanks. I think that I forgot about "double-click" to enable those functions. I've used the LONG PRESS.
    02-26-18 10:46 AM
    One thing I like about my iPad, it automatically turns on the num lock when ever numbers are the logical input (like phone or zip code fields, even in my bible app, after I enter the book it automatically switches to numbers so I can enter the chapter and verse). None of my androids seem to do that???
    The KEYone does this for phone numbers but not sure about bible apps.
    02-26-18 10:52 AM
    Thanks. I think that I forgot about "double-click" to enable those functions. I've used the LONG PRESS.
    Same here!
    I forgot about these. Having read them on the forums only previously.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    02-26-18 09:30 PM