Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    So I made the mistake of sticking the Sim card remover in the microphone hole and damaged the microphone. I call the blackberry repair center and explain what happened and that I damaged and obviously would pay for the repair. They start off well enough and email me a FedEx label and I send the phone in.

From there... all down hill...while the phone is in transit to them... they send me an email informing me that my service case has closed. I wait a couple of extra days to make sure they got the phone. I call in and the guy tells me they got it and it's being worked on. A couple more days go by with email updates and I call back and this time they can "see" my device and their not sure where in the process it is and they promise again to email me with updates.

Another few. Days pass and I call back and this time supposedly working on it again. That was yesterday, then today UPS shows up with a delivery, my keyone, which funny enough they tried to deliver to me yesterday while BlackBerry mobile was "repairing" it. Surprised, I open the box and see my phone with a pink post it note that says "we could not support this version, sorry"

I'm trying to attach a photo but it's not loading. So I call them back and again the person I spoke to didn't even realize they no longer had the device. Once I explained the current situation they "escalated" it :-/

I'm not optimistic that anything good will come of this and I'll likely just have to buy another phone

on the road with my BlackBerry
    Last edited by David Theado; 01-23-18 at 09:28 PM.
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    01-23-18 09:14 PM
    So I made the mistake of sticking the Sim card remover in the microphone hole and damaged the microphone. I call the blackberry repair center and explain what happened and that I damaged and obviously would pay for the repair. They start off well enough and email me a FedEx label and I send the phone in.

From there... all down hill...while the phone is in transit to them... they send me an email informing me that my service case has closed. I wait a couple of extra days to make sure they got the phone. I call in and the guy tells me they got it and it's being worked on. A couple more days go by with email updates and I call back and this time they can "see" my device and their not sure where in the process it is and they promise again to email me with updates.

Another few. Days pass and I call back and this time supposedly working on it again. That was yesterday, then today UPS shows up with a delivery, my keyone, which funny enough they tried to deliver to me yesterday while BlackBerry mobile was "repairing" it. Surprised, I open the box and see my phone with a pink post it note that says "we could not support this version, sorry"

I'm trying to attach a photo but it's not loading. So I call them back and again the person I spoke to didn't even realize they no longer had the device. Once I explained the current situation they "escalated" it :-/

I'm not optimistic that anything good will come of this and I'll likely just have to buy another phone

Did you contact BlackBerry or BlackBerry Mobile?

Where did you buy it from?

/blackberry-mobile-support-f468/blackberry-mobile-support-directory-1113727/
    01-23-18 09:35 PM
    Amazon... I called Blackberry mobile and they connected me with their repair facility
    01-23-18 09:39 PM
    Here is the picture
    Attached Thumbnails Horrible service from blackberry mobile-237258.jpg  
    01-23-18 09:40 PM
    Amazon... I called Blackberry mobile and they connected me with their repair facility
    Did you get the number from the thread I posted? Is the number you called in there?

Call them back - I'm sure they would want to hear about the facility they put you in touch with. Ask for a supervisor - I'm sure they will try to expedite it for you.
    01-23-18 09:43 PM
    got it, yes thanks
    01-23-18 09:45 PM
    So I made the mistake of sticking the Sim card remover in the microphone hole and damaged the microphone.
    How do you know you damaged it? It's a noise cancellation microphone that is more like a rubber stopper than anything else. Even if you stick the SIM tool in there, it shouldn't damage anything seriously.
    01-23-18 10:05 PM

Sounds very similar to my experience with my damaged KEYone. After repeated calls I realized their call centre is based out of Mexico and the repair centre for me was in Mississauga, Ontario. The repair centre sent me two incorrect devices in a row.
    01-23-18 10:14 PM
    How do you know you damaged it? It's a noise cancellation microphone that is more like a rubber stopper than anything else. Even if you stick the SIM tool in there, it shouldn't damage anything seriously.
    No... I punctured it... I REALLY stuck it in there. Here's the thing it's not so much that they didn't fix it.... It's the way they didn't fix it. No communication, no feed back or explanation. And their reps couldn't even tell that they no longer even had the phone. And to send it back with a post it note? Unbelievable imo
    01-24-18 08:44 AM