Are there any holster notification settings similar to older blackberries?

In other words, when the device is in the holster notifications behave differently. At least that's how some of the older blackberries used to handle notifications.

I am wondering if the same settings are available for the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    08-23-17 04:50 PM
    I don't see any apps in play store...well a couple ancient ones. The phone does automatically open when removed from a holster with magnet, like my Seidio spring, unless locked.
    08-23-17 09:10 PM
    Yes, I noticed that. It does the same with the OEM sleeve case but as far as I can tell there is no way to configure the notifications for the specific status (in the holster)
    08-24-17 10:21 AM
    I don't see any apps in play store...well a couple ancient ones. The phone does automatically open when removed from a holster with magnet, like my Seidio spring, unless locked.
    @BigBadWulf I have the same SEIDIO spring holster, but my K1 does not automatically open when I remove it. Also, it doesn't go dark when holster it, but I thought this new version of the holster didn't have a magnet or the K1 was not set up to turn display on/off via magnet....

So confused....
    08-24-17 10:33 AM
    I have the Tetded flip case with window. KeyOne flip case does shut off Screen, after short window only visual. Screen does come back on when case opened. what is does not do, and have not been able to find, is change profile when case opened and closed as per past BlackBerry phones. With case closed, phone still rings as per usual. Would love a profile changer based on magnet activated or not.
    08-24-17 11:11 AM
    One heck of a challenge to record, but here you are...

zephyr613 likes this.
    08-24-17 09:00 PM
    I have the Tetded flip case with window. KeyOne flip case does shut off Screen, after short window only visual. Screen does come back on when case opened. what is does not do, and have not been able to find, is change profile when case opened and closed as per past BlackBerry phones. With case closed, phone still rings as per usual. Would love a profile changer based on magnet activated or not.
    This! Exactly the purpose of my post. Thank you for making my point so much clearer! Hopefully someone @ BB will catch this post.
    08-24-17 09:38 PM
    This! Exactly the purpose of my post. Thank you for making my point so much clearer! Hopefully someone @ BB will catch this post.
    Oreo will add more gradience to the currently weak native Android notification settings, but most of the work has been done by 3rd party developers. I'm not sure how many Android phones even have "sleeper magnet", to generate interest in them pursuing it. Someone like the developer of Tasker would be a likely contender.

I do agree, BBMo would have a very marketable feature, were they to migrate BBOS/BB10 profile and notification options into their phones.
    08-24-17 09:50 PM
    One heck of a challenge to record, but here you are...

Ahh, so I got you now, but when placing the device close to the holster as you did in the video, I does go to the lock screen with the clock and notifications (as does yours) but does not totally shut the screen off as they did in the old BBOS and BB10 devices.

THAT was what I was looking for....., but this will work, especially considering the insane battery life.

Also, what happens when you have the device holstered for a while - does the screen come to life when you remove it from the holster?
    08-25-17 06:36 AM
    what happens when you have the device holstered for a while - does the screen come to life when you remove it from the holster?
    Yep! If you notice, at the start of the video the screen is off, till pulled away.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    08-25-17 07:11 AM
    Yep! If you notice, at the start of the video the screen is off, till pulled away.
    Well, I will try that then kind Sir.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    08-25-17 07:14 AM
    Ahh, so I got you now, but when placing the device close to the holster as you did in the video, I does go to the lock screen with the clock and notifications (as does yours) but does not totally shut the screen off as they did in the old BBOS and BB10 devices.

THAT was what I was looking for....., but this will work, especially considering the insane battery life.

Also, what happens when you have the device holstered for a while - does the screen come to life when you remove it from the holster?
    Here are two pictures of where the sensor is located on the KeyOne. In one, you see the temporary Window Info screen. Then 15 or so seconds later it goes completely off. Picture of KeyOne taken with Priv.

Holster Notifications-img_20170825_0931264.jpg

Holster Notifications-img_20170825_0931045.jpg
    zephyr613 likes this.
    08-25-17 11:36 AM
    Thanks you kind Sir!!

Wait - how do I know you didn't hit the power button in between shots????
    FF22 likes this.
    08-25-17 11:46 AM
    I do agree, BBMo would have a very marketable feature, were they to migrate BBOS/BB10 profile and notification options into their phones.
    ^^^ This. If BlackBerry could manage to create a central and systematic sound profile and notification suite app that replicated BBOS/BB10 system it could become a practically essential download for Android users.
    08-26-17 02:54 PM