Today when you are typing with the KEYone keyboard and you hold a key, you get the capital letter of that key. For example, if you press and hold 'm', it will result in a capital 'M'.

Is there any way to change that behaviour so that holding 'm' results in a period instead? I use punctuation a lot more frequently than I use capital letters so I prefer not having to hold Alt each time and I prefer holding Shift for the less common times when I need to capitalize words.
    06-14-17 04:16 PM
    You can hit the space twice to get a period.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-14-17 04:38 PM
    Nope, a lot of people have flagged this. I totally agree that long press for symbols would be more logical.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-14-17 05:12 PM
    Thanks for confirming. Is there an official forum for providing feedback to BlackBerry on this?
    06-14-17 05:21 PM
    I need to learn this too. Any fix yet ? Long press and adding a number would be best. It is awkward to holt alt key and press D to add 5.
    09-15-17 05:26 AM
    I need to learn this too. Any fix yet ? Long press and adding a number would be best. It is awkward to holt alt key and press D to add 5.
    You don't have to HOLD the alt key. Just tap it to get a single number. But if you want a series of numbers, then long press the alt key works like Shift-lock. Then you can type a series of numbers (including the @ sign).
    09-15-17 09:58 AM
    You don't have to HOLD the alt key. Just tap it to get a single number. But if you want a series of numbers, then long press the alt key works like Shift-lock. Then you can type a series of numbers (including the @ sign).
    This does work great. I just wish there was some indicator that would indicate that the long press is on, vibration or a light.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-15-17 10:10 AM
    This does work great. I just wish there was some indicator that would indicate that the long press is on, vibration or a light.
    Yes there is, in the notification bar at the top. Long press alt and you will see an underlined alt in the notification bar.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-15-17 07:29 PM
    Yes there is, in the notification bar at the top. Long press alt and you will see an underlined alt in the notification bar.
    Well I'll be d***ed! So there is. Thanks for pointing that out. I should get a magnifying glass.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-15-17 07:42 PM