Thank you for your help FF22!

I appreciate that.

I'll keep hunting through these to find the right music app that works for me. I'm using similar search criteria. I'm using VLC right now and it works, but the interface leaves a lot to be desired.

I was hoping someone would jump out and say "Dude you need to download XYZ, its great"

I should probably add, I'd like to steer clear of a player with Ads. I have downloaded one right now simply called 'Music Player' but it has constant ads at the bottom

Edit: Thanks for posting Arabianhourse
    03-09-18 12:03 AM
    I use Rocket Player Premium Unlocked and it will play your wma files, I believe. It's about a $5 upgrade from the free version but should cover all the formats that you require. Good luck with your KEYone!
    03-09-18 01:30 AM
    I use Rocket Player Premium Unlocked and it will play your wma files, I believe. It's about a $5 upgrade from the free version but should cover all the formats that you require. Good luck with your KEYone!
    I should have mentioned (or maybe I did) that mine is a company phone and I don't feel like paying for a music player nor do I want ads. I guess I'm spoiled or picky.

I had the regular version of Rocket and I don't think it worked all that well.

I wrote them all down somewhere but I've probably downloaded 15 music players now and none of them are ideal.

THe one I am using right now is fairly decent - but has an annoying ad scroll at the bottom. At least it doesn't send me Pop up ads like one of the other ones.

Here is what have now and I am experimenting:

musicandvideostudio@gmail dot com
    03-09-18 05:06 PM
    Anywho,

I'm off to Vegas for the bi-annual 311 Day concert. Music apps will be put to the test. When I get back I'll show you the leather wallet cases I bought.

Here is pic I forgot to post. The day I unwrapped her.

FF22 likes this.
    03-09-18 10:37 PM
    For music player, try "Phonograph" . Not sure if it plays wma, but it's a really nice free music player.
    03-10-18 02:30 AM
    OK,

So here is a quick review of the 3 leather wallet cases I bought. I will also post this in the 'Case/Skins' sticky

1. Olixar................... 2. Noreve..................... 3. PDair

(left to right)

I purchased all of these at the same time. It is hard to judge the fit and finish of these things online so I decided to just get more than I need and return what I don't like. WELL - I like them all. As mentioned, I'm a leather case kind of guy and I have not carried a wallet since I got the Siemens SX66 a long time ago (case from Piel Frama). Piel Frama definitely spoiled me, although they are more expensive. I believe I had those for my Curves as well. Great cases.

Unfortunately, they don't make one for the KEYone. Because this whole thing was a bit of a rushed work phone replacement kind of thing - I really didn't have a lot of time to research cases let alone the phone itself. Still playing catch up.

So all three cases are genuine leather. They are all black. They are all 'vertical' cases if you will. None of them have belt clips or anything like that. They all have the appropriate cut outs. They have a stiff rubbery mid case design that the phone actually goes in. This adds a level of protection and keeps the phone nice and snug. This feature was missing from earlier phone cases I had - but seems pretty standard these days. So on the surface, all three cases are very similar.

What I have learned though is that if you find a case you like, it might be a good idea to go ahead and buy another one because you never know if the case you like gets discontinued. I literally had 3 of the exact same case for my Lumina 950. I had one that was my 'Pro' case that I kept really nice and well maintained and then I had another one that was my 'Go' case that I used when camping or fishing or playing outside basically. That one, I didn't care if I got it scratched up dropped etc. The third one was the back up (let's call that my 'Bro' case). That logic prevails in my decision to keep all three of these below. Pro / Go / Bro

1.) Olixar - Genuine Leather Executive Wallet Case
    Purchased from Mobile Fun
    https://www.mobilefun.co.uk/olixar-g...se-black-64273
    Paid $24.50 before tax and shipping
    Shipped in like 3 days
    9/10
    Bro status

This is actually my favorite case. It shipped first and was cheap. I was afraid because it was cheap it would feel cheap but it does not. There is however very little padding so maybe not as rugged. Therefore however it has a very thin profile - probably the thinnest. The leather is very soft inside and out. I did put leather conditioner on it as well (twice) before really breaking it in. I recommend this for any and all leather wallet cases. Now it is luxuriously soft man. Additionally, unlike the others, it has a magnetic 'stand' type flap that allows you to stand it horizontally for watching videos etc.

2.) Noreve - Perpetuelle Smooth Leather Nappa Black Wallet Case
    Purchased from Noreve
    https://www.noreve.com/en/keyone/346...ther-case.html
    Paid $51.50 before tax and shipping
    Shipped in about a week
    8/10
    Pro status

This is the case the phone sits in the most. It is also probably the most professional looking one (hence pro status). The leather is also smooth but unlike the first one, it is not quite a supple. What it does have is extra padding. This is good and bad. Good for the protection and it feels more sexy. Bad because it is the bulkiest. With 2 cards and a $20 bill the case will not stay closed on its own. Luckily, this case also comes with a magnetic snap or clasp. I'm confident that after this case gets broken in, it will close and stay closed much more easily. The only reason I gave it an 8/10 is because it is the most expensive and compared to the first one - I don't think the leather is worth the extra cost. Still, all in all very happy with it.

3.) PDair - Genuine Leather Book Stand Wallet Case
    Purchased from PDair
    https://www.pdair.com/blackberry-key...ip-wallet-case
    Paid $35.00 before tax and shipping
    Shipping felt like a month (I literally just got it)
    7/10
    Go status

OK, so I've had experience with PDair before so I was confident in the quality and fit etc.. It is black leather and sexy and such. I like the alligator leather look so I'm a bit of sucker for this style. Honestly, though, this is the one I figured might get sent back. Well, I've decided to keep it for my camping trips and such where I don't want to be too concerned with what happens to it. Very similar to the first one as far as how slim it is - very little padding and no clasp. The leather has a nice grippy feel to it due to fake alligator pattern. Additionally, the mini rubber case inside has the cut outs as usual but it covers all of your buttons with a hardened rubber button like you'd see on most waterproof type cases. Sort of. Keep in mind, that it does come in a bunch of leather styles and colors like most PDair stuff. Not a bad case or company.

tl;dr

1.) Olixar - $24 - 9/10 - my Bro case - recommend to all
    2.) Noreve - $52 - 8/10 - my Pro case - recommend for extra padding and clasp
    3.) PDair - $35 - 7/10 - my Go case - recommend if you don't mind waiting for it

1. - 2. - 3.

Here are some close ups of 2.) Pro Noreve

Here is 1.) Bro standing up on its magnetic stand thing

Let me know if you have any questions or would like more detailed pics of any of these cases.

Cheers and thanks for checking it out
    Last edited by 311BBerry; 03-16-18 at 03:29 PM.
    FF22, rolfep and the brother like this.
    03-15-18 05:11 PM
    Very thorough reviews.

I've got the similar Stilgut with clasp and sleep magnet.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 03-16-18 at 06:45 AM. Reason: removed unecessary quote
    03-16-18 12:14 AM
    Nice reviews, got me interested in the Olixar for the low-bulk aspect, though in flip-case, if they make one. However, I can't find the referenced site:

mobileone.co.uk dot com
    (I thought the forum accepted actual links?) Anyway, I put the dot where indicated and browser cannot find it. Google is not so much helpful, either, except mobilefun is at the top for a search on olixar keyone case. https://www.mobilefun.com/olixar-lea...se-black-64053

Could you clarify this part?
    03-16-18 09:33 AM
    Thanks FF22

rolfep - I didn't have any trouble finding it.

EDIT: OOOOps. I just noticed my typo. Thank you for pointing that out. It is Mobilefun not Mobileone lol. I will fix

Yes, this forum accepts ulr links. Sorry, I get in habit sometimes of not posting links because some forums don't like that so I just type dot com. I'm still pretty new here.

Here is what I just searched on.

https://www.mobilefun.com/catalogsea...er+wallet+case

'Blackberry Keyone leather wallet case'

In doing that I see the first one I bought from Olixar and coincidentally they also sell the Noreve one. I see both on there. I also think I see flip cases.
    rolfep likes this.
    03-16-18 03:10 PM
34 12