Check out this brand new BlackBerry, which would have sold really well in 2009
    Check out this brand new BlackBerry, which would have sold really well in 2009 – BGR

Yikes! This guy has zero mercy loll
    04-27-17 03:09 PM
    Yep, anything that doesn't conform to the "cool" form factor now is a thing of the past to some people...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    raseru03 likes this.
    04-27-17 03:13 PM
    I think he is just upset that not only is the battery life better on the KEYone compared to his Galaxy S8+ but the finger print sensor is also easier to reach which means I don't have to pick my phone up to unlock it.
    Maybe he is also a little grump that the Blackberry has a later version of Android running on it compared to his Galaxy S8.

I could go on but, we all know they KEYone rocks! ������
    Last edited by Matty; 04-30-17 at 04:36 AM.
    04-27-17 03:14 PM
    The guy is a tosser , read the report , bet he has not even set eyes on the phone..
    04-27-17 03:14 PM
    BGR is just for Apple fanboys. But I can't even be mad at them because I haven't seen the device myself and I'm too mad at BB/TCL.
    04-27-17 03:17 PM
    BGR being BGR, news at 11.
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-27-17 03:17 PM
    Unfortunately, this is how the world views BlackBerry outside of Crackberry. It is also unfortunate that inside Crackberry is almost as ugly with the continued BB10 angst and now the overwrought pain and suffering caused by the keyone "delay".
    04-27-17 03:30 PM
    BGR is not a legitimate Tech site IMHO. It's nothing but a bunch of wanna-be tech journalists who are Iphone fanboys.
    I doubt whether any of their editors went to a journalism school.
    Barbareren likes this.
    04-27-17 03:31 PM
    Check out this brand new BlackBerry, which would have sold really well in 2009
    Check out this brand new BlackBerry, which would have sold really well in 2009 – BGR

Yikes! This guy has zero mercy loll
    Awh, memories of 2009 from some poor iPhone addicted kid that still lives with his parents. Lol.
    JREwing and Barbareren like this.
    04-27-17 03:32 PM
    I will go ahead and play the devil's advocate here.

Strictly speaking, I agree with most of his statements in and of themselves. Yes, personally I'm not at all amused by the specs, or the looks of this phone. (I know some here like the looks) The one and only reason I'm looking at K1 is the PKB, and again we fully understand most people out there don't have any love for pkb (right or wrong).
    04-27-17 03:41 PM
    Android was pretty crap back in 2009...

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat and ominaxe like this.
    04-27-17 03:53 PM
    He isn't exactly wrong, this phone would have killed it years ago when people still weren't used to typing on glass. And the specs are certainly subpar.
    04-27-17 04:00 PM
    Red alert! A tech reviewer dares hold the wrong opinion!
    MikeX74 likes this.
    04-27-17 04:02 PM
    Red alert! A so called reviewer didn't actually review jack sh!t.
    04-27-17 04:07 PM
    04-27-17 04:09 PM
    Android was pretty crap back in 2009...

Posted via CB10
    What about the first iphone with 2G, when BlackBerry allready supported 3G and copy/past

p.s.Apple is always 2,3 yearsbehind, but must say I love there Marketing and how they also sell refusbished old device again and now they thinking to use old stuff to sell like new as a green iphono/itab and sell it for a thirth time to users.

I also love there hardware names for example the usb port ,they called it light port . Nothing beat that, selling stuff that is universal with another name and milk the cow !
    04-27-17 04:10 PM
    What else would we expect. The phone needs to get buzz on the street to grab people's attention. Diehards are all that's left no matter how we wish otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    kosten4 likes this.
    04-27-17 04:32 PM
    Nothing beat that, selling stuff that is universal with another name and milk the cow !
    I wish. The "Lightning" port is just another proprietary Apple port/connector that sticks out in contrast to the new standard that is USB-C.
    04-27-17 04:47 PM
    If it's not designed by Apple, BGR hates it. They are essentially on Apple's payroll to talk about how amazing Apple products are and everything else is bad.

I'm sure he doesn't even have a review unit to try and see the features, but based his "review" off of what he found out there on the internet.

BGR is a joke!
    Barbareren likes this.
    04-27-17 05:17 PM
    good god! this guy is ruthless. Some of his points are valid, but his point of view is clearly skewed. Blackberrians unite!
    Greened likes this.
    04-27-17 05:39 PM
    agree on the shape of the design is in need to improve (as said it before). As for spec, price, etc. I don't see many valid points - he appear to be not much hands on in his review... i wouldn't put much weight on "hands free" tech review... no different than any paper engineer (3D modeler with big EGO) or spec readers.
    04-27-17 10:05 PM
    BGR is an Apple marketing.
    04-27-17 10:07 PM
    The review isn't that unfair...especially the part about the age of the Snapdragon 625. It may have been a somewhat acceptable choice at the top of 2017 when the KeyOne was announced and the 625 was "just" a year old but given the phone will now be a June 2017 device and the Snapdragon 635 is on the verge of being released it may have made better sense to have waited for the newer, faster and far more efficient chipset.
    04-27-17 10:48 PM
    How greasy does an eyePhone get after pounding away all day on that pane in the glass, reviewing outer space news and iphones? Maybe he has tiny hands? and it doesn't make all the mistakes it did for my average size fingers? PKB and capacitive touch features allow me to keep my workspace free of the grease. BTW...how tiny of a viewing area does an iphone get when its virtual keyboard pops up as well, less area than a KEYone will display?
    04-27-17 11:34 PM
    Mid, to upper spec features for a reasonable price-tag on a good performer, can be very popular with consumers and businesses, and isn't always a bad thing (and it comes with virtual air-bags that the competition doesn't).

It's like when the movie critics pan a movie, but the general public loved it. But the design is definitely premium. Performance wise, maybe a small difference, but user performance gives the edge to the KEYone.
    04-27-17 11:41 PM
92 123 ...