I really like the Keyone but I noticed it's still running the October 2017 security update and I'm trying to get the phone updated to the latest monthly security update I think it's March. Besides waiting for the occasional OTA from the AT&T software update I have a Dtek 60 so I'm aware of all the craziness it took to update that device is it the same method for the Keyone ?
    03-29-18 04:34 PM
    I really like the Keyone but I noticed it's still running the October 2017 security update and I'm trying to get the phone updated to the latest monthly security update I think it's March. Besides waiting for the occasional OTA from the AT&T software update I have a Dtek 60 so I'm aware of all the craziness it took to update that device is it the same method for the Keyone ?
    Just keep mashing the "check for update" button. I know it sounds like I'm joking but I'm serious.
    velkod likes this.
    03-29-18 04:36 PM
    Make sure you're on WiFi with plenty of battery power.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    03-29-18 04:37 PM
    Okay I took your advice and after constantly pressing the update button it updated me January's security update so I'll wait for awhile & try it again later thanks for the good advice.
    velkod likes this.
    03-29-18 05:54 PM
    Okay I took your advice and after constantly pressing the update button it updated me January's security update so I'll wait for awhile & try it again later thanks for the good advice.
    No problem. Crazy right?
    velkod likes this.
    03-29-18 06:08 PM
    It always has taken me exactly two checks for each update.

03-29-18 07:12 PM
    Eventually you should get to March's update that is dated 5 MAR. That is AAW382. It went live on Tuesday.
    03-29-18 07:56 PM
    CORRECTION; it should be AAW392
    03-29-18 07:58 PM
    No problem. Crazy right?
    Seriously lol
    03-30-18 02:04 AM
    Just keep mashing the "check for update" button. I know it sounds like I'm joking but I'm serious.
    Hey Chuck,

I've had my AT&T KeyOne for a few months and am on Cricket Wireless.

I'm stuck on the September 5, 2017 security updates and no matter how many times I hit AT&T Software Update I get the "Current software is up to date". I've tried on Wi-Fi, Network, with/without sim card. I've changed the date over and over and nothing has worked.

Is there anything else I can try?
    03-30-18 10:52 AM
    You should make sure that you have WiFi data turned on, but, assuming you do, your best course is probably to contact AT&T support to make sure they provisioned you correctly.

On my AT&T KEYone I always have to check for updates twice in a row, but it always works when I do that.

03-30-18 11:11 AM
    Hey Chuck,

I'm stuck on the September 5, 2017 security updates and no matter how many times I hit AT&T Software Update I get the "Current software is up to date". I've tried on Wi-Fi, Network, with/without sim card. I've changed the date over and over and nothing has worked.

For a carrier device, like your AT&T K1, you need to be on that carrier's service to get the update.
    03-30-18 11:39 AM
    It always has taken me exactly two checks for each update.

Maybe you'll have better luck than me. Could you also check for the kind-of-Verizon update? (g)

But, yes, a number of times when I've checked, hitting a second time shows the update where the first check did not. But THREE checks this morning resulted in ZILCH!
    03-30-18 11:45 AM
    Maybe you'll have better luck than me. Could you also check for the kind-of-Verizon update? (g)

But, yes, a number of times when I've checked, hitting a second time shows the update where the first check did not. But THREE checks this morning resulted in ZILCH!
    Sorry, I don't have a CDMA KEYone or a Verizon account/SIM. I've been with AT&T since it was Cingular!
    FF22 likes this.
    03-30-18 11:48 AM
    For a carrier device, like your AT&T K1, you need to be on that carrier's service to get the update.
    you do not. I have a T-Mobile Galaxy S8 with no sim card in it and no service. Only wifi and it gets regular security updates as well as Oreo a week or two ago..

Another example is I have a Verizon Prepaid Moto E4 on FreedomPOP service and it got its one security update since its release.. lol
    03-30-18 01:19 PM
    you do not. I have a T-Mobile Galaxy S8 with no sim card in it and no service. Only wifi and it gets regular security updates as well as Oreo a week or two ago..

Another example is I have a Verizon Prepaid Moto E4 on FreedomPOP service and it got its one security update since its release.. lol
    Strange. I had a Verizon Galaxy Nexus (years ago) and it never received any updates after I closed my plan with Verizon. It definitely wasn't on the latest. Same for my Sprint Evo 4G. It's the main reason why I buy unlocked devices.
    03-30-18 04:05 PM
    Do NOT do the update! AT&T update is jacked up deleting the fingerprint security key. I promise. I've been helping Blackberry Tech support on this all week. Since it is an At&T keyone, like me, you will always have to receive security updates from them. SO if you ever move carriers, you'll have to borrow someones AT&T sim card and manually select the security update. But again, Hold on all security updates for at least a month. Keep checking in. This is still pretty knew to everyone at Blackberry and at AT&T.
    03-31-18 03:39 AM
    Hey Chuck,

Even though Cricket is owned by AT&T, I don't believe the updates will trigger as AT&T system probably views Cricket like other MVNOs. I would contact AT&T support and let them figure best way to proceed. I have a feeling it will involve postpaid AT&T SIM card but perhaps you might be able to use prepaid AT&T SIM card.
    03-31-18 06:48 AM
    Or hold the button till the "last checked" changes. Sometime the blue line moves, it appears to checking for updates, then tells you that you are up to date, but the "last checked" still says yesterday, or last week, or whatever.
    03-31-18 06:53 AM
    I have a feeling it will involve postpaid AT&T SIM card but perhaps you might be able to use prepaid AT&T SIM card.
    At one time you could buy a an AT&T Go Phone, (their prepaid service) for a couple of dollars, register it online, but not buy any air time, and it would work for updates. There was a time limit, 3? months, 6? months, after which you could re-register it, (one time) for another ?months.
    No idea if this still works, but I'm pretty sure AT&T isn't going to mention it, they will try and sell you a plan.
    03-31-18 07:15 AM
    Do NOT do the update! AT&T update is jacked up deleting the fingerprint security key. I promise. I've been helping Blackberry Tech support on this all week. Since it is an At&T keyone, like me, you will always have to receive security updates from them. SO if you ever move carriers, you'll have to borrow someones AT&T sim card and manually select the security update. But again, Hold on all security updates for at least a month. Keep checking in. This is still pretty knew to everyone at Blackberry and at AT&T.
    I updated my AT&T KEYone with no issues. What exactly happened with your fingerprint security key?

03-31-18 10:35 AM
    After update, I noticed my finger print was not working. I went into security setting and it was gone. contact At&T then BB tech support. BB I went into deep settings on my phone.

1st we wiped it. at 1st, it actually came back during the set up of the phone but during the setup it locked up.

2nd - next we set it into manu mode "mercury MMI Test.
    This allowed hardware test of each function of the phone.
    The Finger print software test stayed in running mode and would not complete.
    The finger print hardware scanner test would not detect my finger or anything touching the
    actual scanner.
    This confirmed it was not working.

After I filed a claim and about 4 hours later, the BB tech called me back. Said they're receiving many calls with the same problem. So he had me run a bunch of Dump test and email them to him.
    2hours later, he called saying they're trying to contact AT&T to have my phone sent directly to them to go on with further testing.

This I will say, BB tech support is amazing. Crazy, it's actually Actel who is providing support. Either way, these team of techs are on top of the game. Unlike AT&T were you have to speak with someone who is simply reading a list of things to do yet are clueless. To get an actual tech who understands details of the phone takes pulling teeth.

Let me also explain. This happened on the security update during Jan - Feb. I do NOT recall the build. I had to manually execute by selecting "check for updates" on my phone.

I do have no idea if it's also in the AAWW392 build that just came out. If you missed the Jan - Feb build, You may be okay.

Good Luck.
    03-31-18 01:46 PM
    Also, this was on a AT&T Black frame Keyone. Not sure if it effected Priv's..
    03-31-18 01:47 PM
    AT&T updates are for AT&T sold phones. They're all black in color. No silver. and You have to have a active AT&T sims card for the AT&T updates. Otherwise, you can get them directly from BlackBerry which is better anyway. So not sure about your situation. Just info to consider.
    03-31-18 01:50 PM
    AT&T updates are for AT&T sold phones. They're all black in color. No silver. and You have to have a active AT&T sims card for the AT&T updates. Otherwise, you can get them directly from BlackBerry which is better anyway. So not sure about your situation. Just info to consider.
    Interesting. Sorry you're having that problem, but I'm glad the TCL/Blackberry Mobile / Alcatel team is taking care of ypu.

I have the AT&T Space Black KEYone, and I updated both the Jan and Feb updates back to back one evening in the middle of March. I had no issues with my phone, luckily.

03-31-18 02:47 PM
29 12