Ever since I received the May security patch (yesterday), Google assistant is not responding. This may or may not have something to do with the patch, as Google Assistant has always had its issues.

I retrained my voice and Google responds for an short while (half hour) and then quits responding again.

Anyone else come across this?

Mark
    05-19-18 03:29 PM
    Did you reboot?
    05-19-18 04:19 PM
    Rebooted a couple of times.
    05-19-18 04:21 PM
    I haven't used Google Assistant for a month or so and I received the May patch yesterday so your post made me try it out. I have to report Google Assistant is working fine on my device. So I don't think the latest patch broke Google.
    05-19-18 05:18 PM
    I haven't used Google Assistant for a month or so and I received the May patch yesterday so your post made me try it out. I have to report Google Assistant is working fine on my device. So I don't think the latest patch broke Google.
    If you can, try it every half hour or hour for a bit. Mine works for about an hour, then if I leave it for a bit, it stops working. Really weird.
    05-19-18 05:20 PM
    If you can, try it every half hour or hour for a bit. Mine works for about an hour, then if I leave it for a bit, it stops working. Really weird.
    I've just used it 4 times over the last 2 hours and still no issue other than when I asked if she was a Crack head she didn't understand, lol!
    05-19-18 07:20 PM
    I've just used it 4 times over the last 2 hours and still no issue other than when I asked if she was a Crack head she didn't understand, lol!
    Thanks for doing that. I'm at a loss. If I turn assistant on/off and/or retrain my voice profile, Google Assistant works 3,4,5 times. I set my phone down for 15 or 20 minutes, and I get no response from "OK Google" or "Hey Google".

EDIT: I turned assistant off/on right after typing this post at 5:27. Assistant worked for 5 questions I asked. Set my phone down for 10 minutes. Picked up phone, and get NO response from "OK Google" or "Hey Google".
    Last edited by YMarkY; 05-19-18 at 07:40 PM. Reason: More info
    05-19-18 07:27 PM
    I had that problem back a few weeks after I got my Keyone. I fixed it by uninstalling the assistant (roll back to stock then disable), clearing cache, then rebooting, then reinstalled. haven't had a problem since
    rolfep likes this.
    05-19-18 08:50 PM
    I had that problem back a few weeks after I got my Keyone. I fixed it by uninstalling the assistant (roll back to stock then disable), clearing cache, then rebooting, then reinstalled. haven't had a problem since
    Not quite following.... if you uninstall the assistant, how can you roll back and disable? Shouldn't I just uninstall, clear cache, reboot, and then reinstall the assistant?

Thanks for the help.
    05-19-18 09:37 PM
    Not quite following.... if you uninstall the assistant, how can you roll back and disable? Shouldn't I just uninstall, clear cache, reboot, and then reinstall the assistant?

Thanks for the help.
    You'll find that the assistant is part of the Google app. You can't delete it persay, the closest you can come is to roll back to stock by uninstalling updates and disabling it.
    YMarkY likes this.
    05-19-18 09:41 PM
    You'll find that the assistant is part of the Google app. You can't delete it persay, the closest you can come is to roll back to stock by uninstalling updates and disabling it.
    Can you tell me how I roll back to stock? It looks like I can uninstall the app. Sorry for the many questions, just a tad confused. Thanks again
    05-19-18 10:11 PM
    No problem. Go to settings, apps, then Google, then click disable, and it should give you the option to uninstall updates after that.
    YMarkY likes this.
    05-19-18 10:17 PM
    No problem. Go to settings, apps, then Google, then click disable, and it should give you the option to uninstall updates after that.
    Thanks, that worked. Now I'm going to clear cache and reboot. Do I then go to the play store and reinstall the Google App? Will this automatically include Assistant?
    05-19-18 10:24 PM
    Yes. you've got this.
    YMarkY likes this.
    05-19-18 10:25 PM
    OK, I've done everything and reinstalled. So far it's working. I'll keep trying every 15 min or so and see what happens. Thanks again for the help.
    05-19-18 10:40 PM
    Is your finger covering the mic, which is located behind the bottom right speaker screen cover?
    05-19-18 10:46 PM
    If everything these guys suggested didn't work trying saying "OK Laurel then Hey Yanni!"
    Last edited by Carjackd; 05-21-18 at 12:17 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-19-18 10:58 PM
    So far it's still working. Drg84 has set me straight I think. But I'm appreciative of all the suggestions.
    Carjackd likes this.
    05-19-18 11:01 PM
    Anytime. Glad to see its working
    05-20-18 12:35 AM