Download this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ldownstatusbar

Then add it as a short press/long press on your keyboard. I use the letter N. It pulls down the shade immediately. It doesn't open an app first or something like that.

I'm not affiliated with the app in any way. I just hated reaching to the top to pull down the shade so I tried a bunch of apps. This one has no ads, tracking bull, and is completely free like the developer says.
    06-02-17 12:10 PM
    This is awesome. Saving for whenever they're back in stock.

Thanks!
    06-02-17 12:33 PM
    Subscribing until my KEYone arrives!
    06-02-17 01:11 PM
    Download this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ldownstatusbar

Then add it as a short press/long press on your keyboard. I use the letter N. It pulls down the shade immediately. It doesn't open an app first or something like that.

I'm not affiliated with the app in any way. I just hated reaching to the top to pull down the shade so I tried a bunch of apps. This one has no ads, tracking bull, and is completely free like the developer says.
    I just downloaded app and couldn't find it in my app drawer but figured out another way. I just assigned my N key like you did, but pointed it to open up the quick settings. Worked like a charm. I can't swipe down to open but it shows all my notifications fine.
    06-02-17 01:29 PM
    "Pull Down Status Bar" shows up as "Show Notifications" in the app drawer. You also have to enable it in the accessibility settings before it will work. The first time you run it it will tell you what to do. Works great, I've set it to long press N.
    knightfall likes this.
    06-02-17 01:55 PM
    I set this app as my convenience key. This way whichever app I am in.. I can just press the convenience key and I can easily open the notification bar.
    06-02-17 02:23 PM
    Just writing to keep this in my subscribed threads for later.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-17 02:38 PM
    Ah, the things that makes CB cool makes a brief appearance! Thanks OP!

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    GoLeafsGo44 and tp2386 like this.
    06-02-17 02:40 PM
    Now if only a way even from inside an app. Maybe pie control? Hm...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    06-02-17 03:07 PM
    Good tip works well...but only on the home screen of course
    06-02-17 04:28 PM
    06-02-17 08:21 PM
    Nice!

Posted via CB10
    06-02-17 08:59 PM
    Unless you set it to the convenience key!
    06-02-17 09:00 PM
    Argh! Love the app but have chosen Nova over BB Launcher. Currently I have enabled gestures. Swipe down on home screen for notifications. Would love it if I can track this to a key, I can push a button instead of swiping.
    06-02-17 09:51 PM
    Argh! Love the app but have chosen Nova over BB Launcher. Currently I have enabled gestures. Swipe down on home screen for notifications. Would love it if I can track this to a key, I can push a button instead of swiping.
    As much as I love Nova, I couldn't give up keyboard shortcuts.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-03-17 12:56 AM
    Great tip. Thank you!!
    06-03-17 08:18 AM
    if u have Nova launcher installed (but not the default launcher) you can assign a "Nova Action" to a shortcut key in BB Launcher to bring the notifications down
    06-07-17 03:19 PM
    really works very good....thanks for the tip.
    06-07-17 04:14 PM
    I set it as the middle shortcut in pie control. Now works from within any app.
    06-07-17 04:42 PM
    See, this is why I love this forum.

Great tips, thank you. I, too, set my convenience key so it pulls down the menu.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-07-17 05:25 PM
    See, this is why I love this forum.

Great tips, thank you. I, too, set my convenience key so it pulls down the menu.
    that's a pretty cool idea.. however, i just realized if you want to tap on something in the notifications, you still need to reach up.. so it doesn't eliminate the finger travel.

I have my convenience key to snapshot the screen from anywhere and open Notable for editing... haven't used it yet, but i think it's a good application... since double tap power button opens camera..
    Johberry likes this.
    06-07-17 05:53 PM
    why do it get a message saying that if I enable the accessibility feature the device won't be able to encrypt my data?

Here's how you pull down your notifications with your keyboard-screenshot_20170607-185156.jpg
    06-07-17 05:53 PM
    You can click on the link in the firsts post for Google Play and just add the app to your wishlist
    06-07-17 06:44 PM
    that's a pretty cool idea.. however, i just realized if you want to tap on something in the notifications, you still need to reach up.. so it doesn't eliminate the finger travel.

I have my convenience key to snapshot the screen from anywhere and open Notable for editing... haven't used it yet, but i think it's a good application... since double tap power button opens camera..
    Good point.

I suppose I'll try anything that requires me to touch the screen less. I really do like the phone but coming from a Classic (and other PKB BBs before it), I admit I really miss the BB trackpad and toolbelt. It'll take some time for me to get used to Android OS. Cheers.
    06-07-17 07:30 PM
    Good point.

I suppose I'll try anything that requires me to touch the screen less. I really do like the phone but coming from a Classic (and other PKB BBs before it), I admit I really miss the BB trackpad and toolbelt. It'll take some time for me to get used to Android OS. Cheers.
    Wish they implement the trackpad sometime in the future, and the call send and call end buttons are great too, but at least we can set the power button to end calls on Android.

And for others: Please, don't start with the "capacitive keyboard acts as a trackpad" comments... No, it doesn't...
    06-07-17 08:04 PM
40 12