First - is there no default blackberry sms app anymore? Are we forced to use Android Messages?

If that's the case I have 2 questions -

1) When opening up a conversation the curser isn't automatically in the text entry box, forcing you to tap in there first before you can start typing. Any way to change that?

2) Is there a way to enable pressing Enter to send an SMS?
    05-31-17 12:21 PM
    The default app is google's "messages" app. However this is the beauty of Android sir and that's customization. Go to the google play store and download Textra SMS. All of your conversations will automatically transfer there. You can customize chat colours, bubble colours, bubble shape, emoji style, and yes, you can set it to send upon pressing enter.
    05-31-17 12:24 PM
    Furthermore, the cursor does indeed appear right away when using textra. Play around with the options in textra and find what you're most comfortable with. It truly is awesome and you will quickly fall in love with Android when you discover something new that you can do to your phone every day.
    05-31-17 12:25 PM
    I've tried Textra, but they don't account for the physical keyboard and the quick reply screen (when selecting a conversation from the hub) is minimized bc they think there should be a virtual keyboard.
    05-31-17 12:26 PM
    That can and will be fixed via software update. However, it does fix the problems you've posted here.
    05-31-17 09:45 PM
    +1 for Textra
    05-31-17 10:06 PM
    +1 for Textra
    I've tried Textra, but they don't account for the physical keyboard and the quick reply screen (when selecting a conversation from the hub) is minimized bc they think there should be a virtual keyboard.
    I also like Textra for slabs the best but not great for KEYone. Android Messages is probably the best for KEYone.
    05-31-17 10:24 PM
    I also like Textra for slabs the best but not great for KEYone. Android Messages is probably the best for KEYone.
    To be honest I didn't give it a try I switched to Textra right away. Haven't texted much so if it does seem weird after more use I will give Messages a shot.
    05-31-17 10:29 PM
    Why is Android Messages better?
    05-31-17 10:50 PM
    Why is Android Messages better?
    I quoted why but anyway.
    Read the fourth post in this thread. If you don't mind that then use Textra. If you want full screen then use Android Messages.
    05-31-17 10:54 PM
    +1 for Chomp SMS. The customization is sick.
    05-31-17 10:56 PM
    But textra worked beautifully on the Priv's slide out keyboard. Is this a Nougat thing?
    05-31-17 11:10 PM