Hi, I just bought a keyone and moved my SIM card from my trusty passport. That worked but after research realized i needed to download the blackberry content transfer app on my passport in order to move my contacts to my keyone. I inserted my SIM card back into my passport and now it isn't working. I can't open anything except internet and blackberry world but it won't download the content transfer. I don't have access to any texts, contacts so now i can't even manually add them. Help!
    07-23-17 01:53 PM
    Did you set the SD up as internal, or adopted memory on the K1? If so it won't work anywhere else.
    Put the SD back into the K1 and reformat it as external. But, formating as internal has already erased everything on the SD. So you are just kinda screwed.
    07-23-17 02:24 PM
    Did you set the SD up as internal, or adopted memory on the K1? If so it won't work anywhere else.
    Put the SD back into the K1 and reformat it as external. But, formating as internal has already erased everything on the SD. So you are just kinda screwed.
    Hmm, I don't remember being asked that during set-up. Where would I see that? Shouldn't I at least be able to see my contacts info without a Sim on my passport?

And thanks for responding!
    07-23-17 02:37 PM
    Depends on where you stored the contacts on the PP. On my Z10 I did store contacts on SD, no card, no contacts.
    You should have been presented options when inserting SD in K1, if you did format as internal, you should have been given a warning that it would erase SD.
    I may be totally wrong about this even being the problem, but symptoms kinda fit.
    Stick the SD in a computer, if the computer completely fails to recognize the card, then it's a card problem. Could be that it was formated as internal, could be that it just failed.
    07-23-17 02:52 PM
    Ah I see....can't remember how I stored them on pp. I am screwed! But thanks. Will try your suggestion.
    07-23-17 02:57 PM
    Hi, I just bought a keyone and moved my SIM card from my trusty passport. That worked but after research realized i needed to download the blackberry content transfer app on my passport in order to move my contacts to my keyone. I inserted my SIM card back into my passport and now it isn't working. I can't open anything except internet and blackberry world but it won't download the content transfer. I don't have access to any texts, contacts so now i can't even manually add them. Help!
    Its confusing! Are you asking about your Sim card or sd memory card!? People are responding here about your memory card!? What about your Sim? Is it working? Or is was I damaged somehow!?
    FF22 likes this.
    07-23-17 03:01 PM
    Thanks for clarifying obviously I am not savvy with this and thought SD was acronym for SIM until I thought this won't fit in my computer. I am talking about my SIM card. It is working in my keyone and when in my passport allows me to make calls and use the Internet. I can access my calender but my passport doesn't work like it used to. I thought I could transfer Sim back and forth. All I want is my contacts info from passport. Thanks!!
    07-23-17 03:10 PM
    Thanks for clarifying obviously I am not savvy with this and thought SD was acronym for SIM until I thought this won't fit in my computer. I am talking about my SIM card. It is working in my keyone and when in my passport allows me to make calls and use the Internet. I can access my calender but my passport doesn't work like it used to. I thought I could transfer Sim back and forth. All I want is my contacts info from passport. Thanks!!
    CONTACTS are either stored in INTERNAL memory which is generally not directly accessible or they can be stored in the Sim Card (the card that enables phone calls and data (not wifi related). Or some contacts can be stored in both places.

If you sync your contacts (calendar and email) with say, Google, you should be able to recover them when you set up your new or old device.

And, yes, the sd card is like a thumb drive in that you can move data to/from the computer with the right adapter.
    07-23-17 05:05 PM
    Actually this was pretty much my bad, he did say SIM. I read SD and ran with it
    Then made it worse by confusing the two myself, (re contact storage).
    I'll bow out, (or slink away in embarrassment) since the OP prob won't believe anything else I say.
    07-24-17 06:09 AM
    Actually this was pretty much my bad, he did say SIM. I read SD and ran with it
    Then made it worse by confusing the two myself, (re contact storage).
    I'll bow out, (or slink away in embarrassment) since the OP prob won't believe anything else I say.
    No worries!
    07-26-17 10:42 PM