Had BlackBerry for probably 10 years now. Making the move to the keyone. I'm very nervous about the move.. very comfortable and relatively knowledgeable on BlackBerry, don't know squat on android.

I'm currently using an SSD card but will be migrating to on the device when I get the new phone

What are steps for me to this? I'm worried about contacts, pics, vids, calendar entries, and to a lesser degree apps.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    05-31-17 02:53 PM
    There are some videos from BlackBerry Mobile YouTube channel, they would be able to guide you.

BlackBerry Mobile playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Hd-jUfmHvgoqLh

The one that you may be interested in:

You shouldn't have issues with photos and videos as they can be directly moved since they're on SD Card.

As for contacts and calendars, if you're using any services like Gmail, Yahoo etc, then should already been backed up and you just need to sync them on KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

Ps: Also check Crackberry post about How tos for KEYᵒⁿᵉ
    05-31-17 02:58 PM
    I used the Google drive option via the content transfer app (need to get it from BlackBerry World on old device, pre installed on k1) and was VERY impressed, slick, fast and efficient.

My only tip would be to delete some of your unwaged text messages, I had no idea I had 5000 on my passport.... Who texts these days?!

I did move all my photos, videos, files and docs over to my sd card prior too.

I'm pretty happy so far with the switch from PPSE to k1 although day 1 was really weird
    05-31-17 03:24 PM
    Awesome input guys thank you.

So right now I have a lot of stuff on SD card. I want to do away with that and just run right from the device for reasons of raw speed. Should I wait until I get the new phone to transfer from SD to device? Or should I transfer to device now, and then somehow by magic transfer them to the new phone?

How can I transfer text convos?

Posted via CB10 Passport
    05-31-17 08:31 PM
    Had BlackBerry for probably 10 years now. Making the move to the keyone. I'm very nervous about the move.. very comfortable and relatively knowledgeable on BlackBerry, don't know squat on android.

I'm currently using an SSD card but will be migrating to on the device when I get the new phone

What are steps for me to this? I'm worried about contacts, pics, vids, calendar entries, and to a lesser degree apps.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    It's all pretty easy. Follow the instructions. Sync contacts with an email account beforehand just to make sure. The device is really different though.

I did a bit of a comparison. Mainly for staff but you're welcome to watch.

06-01-17 04:11 PM
    Thank you TheBond for the vid link. A very seamless process indeed.
    06-01-17 07:22 PM
    Awesome input guys thank you.

So right now I have a lot of stuff on SD card. I want to do away with that and just run right from the device for reasons of raw speed. Should I wait until I get the new phone to transfer from SD to device? Or should I transfer to device now, and then somehow by magic transfer them to the new phone?

How can I transfer text convos?

Posted via CB10 Passport
    You sure you want to do that? Depending on the size of our card, you may not have anything left in device storage when you are done.

FWIW, I have a high speed card and don't have any "speed" issues.
    06-01-17 07:46 PM
    Thanks for all of the input guys I appreciate it.

As far as the card, there is a huge performance loss between the SD card and the card type used onboard the physical phone. Thats a fact. I am not using anywhere near enough room to justify keeping this SD in use.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    06-02-17 12:01 PM
    I switched from passport to keyone as well and the keyone is awesome

easier to fit in pocket, great battery, better cam, great keyboard, etc and looks just as nice

you will love it
    06-02-17 06:19 PM
    So I was thinking. I've had a Google account for years I think, as that's my youtube login right??

The account that I choose to house my Google account... is there anything I should be aware of happening? If I can use my youtube login, that would be cool as my search history in Google.com will be synced, youtube, google+ etc right?

Posted via CB10 Passport
    06-11-17 08:40 PM
    I used the Google drive option via the content transfer app (need to get it from BlackBerry World on old device, pre installed on k1) and was VERY impressed, slick, fast and efficient.

My only tip would be to delete some of your unwaged text messages, I had no idea I had 5000 on my passport.... Who texts these days?!

I did move all my photos, videos, files and docs over to my sd card prior too.

I'm pretty happy so far with the switch from PPSE to k1 although day 1 was really weird
    Everyone I know sends texts. No I know uses BBM, Whats APP or any other messaging service for that matter.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-17 10:32 PM
    I went from classic to K1. I used the BB transfer utility and followed the instructions. No problems. I did use my google account and I recommend you have one set up.

The only thing the transfer utility didn't do was move all 20,000 SMS text messages. I bought an App to move all of those.

Once that is moved over, I spent many days configuring the K1 to the way I wanted it. That was more difficult, but eventually I got the hang of it. The first couple of days though, I felt I couldn't use my phone and I carried around the Classic in case I ran into trouble.
    06-12-17 12:44 AM
    I went from classic to K1. I used the BB transfer utility and followed the instructions. No problems. I did use my google account and I recommend you have one set up.

The only thing the transfer utility didn't do was move all 20,000 SMS text messages. I bought an App to move all of those.

Once that is moved over, I spent many days configuring the K1 to the way I wanted it. That was more difficult, but eventually I got the hang of it. The first couple of days though, I felt I couldn't use my phone and I carried around the Classic in case I ran into trouble.
    Wondering what app you got? I have LOTS of text messages.

Behold, my thumbs have spoken.
    06-12-17 01:25 AM
    I would also be interested in knowing what app you bought that enabled you to migrate your SMS. Did it bring over MMS also?

Were you able to migrate BBMs at all?
    06-21-17 10:34 PM