glad I didn't get one day 1. keep this thread updated. I hope a solution for you guys happens soon. AT&T Customer myself.
    06-09-17 11:45 AM
    I took my sim out of Galaxy S8+ from AT&T and everything worked fine. I tried calling AT&T to update my IMEI just to see if any of the enhanced features would be available and when they updated it they said they had to change my data plan. After not being able to get LTE and updating the APN properly I noticed the customer service rep put me on a Microsoft Direct Push plan, which I don't know what they were thinking that was the proper plan to be on. So I put my SIM back in my S8+ changed my plan back then popped my SIM back in my K1 and LTE is back up and running. Looks like AT&T doesn't know how to properly support the K1 which I don't blame them since this is not an official AT&T device.
    GrandMobile likes this.
    06-09-17 12:15 PM
    I have my old SIM from my Classic in my KEYone. Like some people, I wasn't getting LTE either. It wasn't until I turned off WiFi that I was able to get LTE. I haven't spoken to AT&T. I'm just going to continue leaving my WiFi turned off.
    06-09-17 12:16 PM
    I took my sim out of Galaxy S8+ from AT&T and everything worked fine. I tried calling AT&T to update my IMEI just to see if any of the enhanced features would be available and when they updated it they said they had to change my data plan. After not being able to get LTE and updating the APN properly I noticed the customer service rep put me on a Microsoft Direct Push plan, which I don't know what they were thinking that was the proper plan to be on. So I put my SIM back in my S8+ changed my plan back then popped my SIM back in my K1 and LTE is back up and running. Looks like AT&T doesn't know how to properly support the K1 which I don't blame them since this is not an official AT&T device.
    After reverting back everything to default, including the APN settings, I enabled developer mode and turned "Aggressive Wi-Fi to Cellular handover" and "Cellular data always active" and this seems to have fixed the issue with LTE not working when Wi-Fi is turned on and not connected.
    stlabrat likes this.
    06-09-17 02:19 PM
    .... So I put my SIM back in my S8+ changed my plan back then popped my SIM back in my K1 and LTE is back up and running. Looks like AT&T doesn't know how to properly support the K1 which I don't blame them since this is not an official AT&T device.
    What do you mean "changed my plan" - did you just put it in the Galaxy, let it run for a few minutes, and then move it back, or did you need to call AT&T and have them change some sort of plan?
    06-09-17 02:45 PM
    After reverting back everything to default, including the APN settings, I enabled developer mode and turned "Aggressive Wi-Fi to Cellular handover" and "Cellular data always active" and this seems to have fixed the issue with LTE not working when Wi-Fi is turned on and not connected.
    I have both of those enabled in developer mode, my APN settings are correct, and wifi is disabled, and I still get no LTE. This is coming from a Classic. I was told in the store that they have a specific "Android" option when choosing a plan, and he chose that, and I'm still not getting LTE.
    06-09-17 02:47 PM
    What do you mean "changed my plan" - did you just put it in the Galaxy, let it run for a few minutes, and then move it back, or did you need to call AT&T and have them change some sort of plan?
    Sorry, to clarify I have access to our business premier account so after putting my SIM back into my S8 I logged into my account and changed my IMEI back to my S8 then changed my plan. If you don't have access to change your plan online then you'll need to contact AT&T.
    06-09-17 02:49 PM
    Sorry, to clarify I have access to our business premier account so after putting my SIM back into my S8 I logged into my account and changed my IMEI back to my S8 then changed my plan. If you don't have access to change your plan online then you'll need to contact AT&T.
    Of course I can change my plan online by going to att.com, but I don't know what to change it to.
    06-09-17 02:54 PM
    Of course I can change my plan online by going to att.com, but I don't know what to change it to.
    When you update your IMEI it should give you an option also change your plan according to your device IMEI and choose the plan that suites your needs.
    06-09-17 02:57 PM
    Choose a Data Plan for 4G LTE Devices.
    06-09-17 03:02 PM
    On the phone with AT&T for quite some time and cannot get it. We confirmed the APN settings, changed the IMEI to the Classic, rebooted, and still just 4G. She did mention as follows which is probably important to know. The IMEI's of the K1's are showing up in their system as 3G device - unknown device. They said it can take 6 weeks to get the new IMEI's into their system.

She's trying to find a passport or priv IMEI to switch to to see if that works....more details to come...
    06-09-17 03:20 PM
    Nope, nothing worked. After an hour call, trying Galaxy S8 SIM, and a Priv SIM, still only 4G. However, I am now seeing "Enhanced LTE Services" as "Connected", but there's still no LTE under the 4G symbol, and speed test show only 4Mbps download.
    06-09-17 03:45 PM
    Alright, I'm confused. So I do have 4G but I haven't seen any LTE symbol underneath the 4G symbol. Should I have it? How does it affect my phone if I don't have it?
    06-09-17 04:35 PM
    Nope, nothing worked. After an hour call, trying Galaxy S8 SIM, and a Priv SIM, still only 4G. However, I am now seeing "Enhanced LTE Services" as "Connected", but there's still no LTE under the 4G symbol, and speed test show only 4Mbps download.
    Where do you see "Enhanced LTE 4G" displayed?
    06-09-17 06:13 PM
    Where do you see "Enhanced LTE 4G" displayed?
    Settings > More > Cellular Networks.

So to update, I very briefly had 4G LTE after putting in my Classic IMEI, moving the SIM to the Classic for a few minutes, and moving it back, however the speeds were still just 4G. I was never getting better than 4Mbps download. But with the Classic IMEI, for some strange reason, I was getting poor reception, and with the S8 IMEI, I was getting better reception (sounds strange, I know). So we swapped back to the S8 IMEI, however then I lost all data capabilities (even though I had it before).

Ok, so then we switched back to the Classic IMEI, I put the SIM into the Classic, moved it back to the K1, and now I no longer have 4G LTE. Not only that, but I can no longer update the SIM card settings with the call forwarding information - so my voicemail to Google Voice can no longer work.

This has been so frustrating, I cannot even begin to tell you.
    06-12-17 10:22 AM
    Is swapping to many times could corrupt the Sim card from a provider?
    06-12-17 10:39 AM
    Mine worked straight out of an 5SE. Did a swap right in the store. It's an odd experience people been having. I will admin my service on it wasn't the best, so could have been false positive.
    06-12-17 10:55 AM
    Latest update:

AT&T now says that my K1 IMEI is showing up as a 4G LTE device. There is also something important called a SOC code that needs to be set to Android. I am now "seeing" LTE on my device, but not "getting" LTE speeds, which is frustrating. I've had enough though.

As an addendum to the above, there was an Android update that happened on my phone this morning, and now I no longer see the "Enhanced LTE" option in the settings which I posted above.
    06-13-17 10:21 AM
    Latest update:

AT&T now says that my K1 IMEI is showing up as a 4G LTE device. There is also something important called a SOC code that needs to be set to Android. I am now "seeing" LTE on my device, but not "getting" LTE speeds, which is frustrating. I've had enough though.

As an addendum to the above, there was an Android update that happened on my phone this morning, and now I no longer see the "Enhanced LTE" option in the settings which I posted above.
    Yeah, the update removed the Enhanced LTE settings option on At&t.
    06-13-17 10:34 AM
    glad I didn't get one day 1. keep this thread updated. I hope a solution for you guys happens soon. AT&T Customer myself.
    Came from a Passport SE to the KEYone on ATT with no issues.
    06-13-17 10:44 AM
    Contact AT&T and make sure they update your IMEI.
    This
    06-13-17 10:55 AM
    If you turn off your wi-fi the 4G symbol will light up right away. Don't know why it works that way, but you can't use data because the phone thinks it is hooked up to WiFi even if it didn't access a particular WiFi account. Give it a try and let us know.
    Works
    06-13-17 10:59 AM
    The first GSM Keyone I bought would not connect at all to AT&T data (despite a long time on the phone with tech support). It also had a defective keyboard (5 keys would not work). So, I returned it to TCL and received a new one, which I was able to set up with AT&T very easily, by using my BB Classic Sim card and having AT&T customer support manually put the IMEI number in my account. Getting good 4G LTE coverage (although I do notice the 4G grays out on WiFi). BTW, I LOVE this phone!!!
    06-17-17 09:06 AM
    @kingbear2 @strikeIII Thinking @strikeIII has got it.

For what it is worth - my experience -
    * when I first received my KEYone, just took SIM out of iPhone 6s Plus and put directly into KEYone without notifying any of the intellectual giants (yes, snark intended) at at&t. It worked flawlessly.
    * after a few days, I called at&t to let them them know I have a new phone and wanted to update the IMEI to my new KEYone
    * what a complete mess "advanced technical support" was / is. After 2 + hours, I ended the call with a substantial credit to my account but KEYone went from screaming 4G lte to nothing to 4G
    * the rep and his boss, contended BlackBerry KEYone is not a supported device and that is why when they updated the IMEI on their end, it would not work on my end

SOLUTION
    * my previous experiences and instincts told me they had somehow corrupted the SIM (I tested by putting sim back in iPhone 6s Plus and it was now only getting 4G)
    * my "control" in this process was an iPhone 6 which was getting 4G lte the entire time and was inches away from KEYone phone (of course at&t tries to tell you - your service could vary and fluctuate)
    * went to local at&t store, got new SIM (after a bit of a tug of war with rep who wanted to do support triage first) popped it into iPhone 6s Plus FIRST, confirmed it was back working with full / screaming 4G lte, then put into KEYone and magically all good again!!

ITEMS OF NOTE
    * I believe, as it has been mentioned here in the above thread, that at&t is not fully aware of the new BlackBerry KEYone and how to handle it on their system / updating IMEI / and how it affects data speeds relative to other phones ( when transitioning from other android or iOS devices)
    * my recent experience tells me to NOT CALL AT&T AND UPDATE IMEI at present and wait for them to get their act together on their back end systems with the KEYone and how it accepts / changes "data plans" that thus changes our real life performance
    * they (at&t "advanced" technical support) were confused with what they were seeing on their end when updating the IMEI to the KEYone and admitted as much
    * seems to be - if you are getting top 4G lte in your current phone, just take sim out of current phone and put it in KEYone and it should work with 4G lte
    * if you have called at&t and the situation of data has deteriated to less than you were getting before, replace the SIM, put in "old" phone that worked with 4Glte - confirm its good again, say "thank you" walk out and put new SIM in KEYone without notifying at&t

sorry for the long post, hope above makes some sense and helps you / some others with this issue
    ChainPunch and Lepa79 like this.
    06-18-17 06:30 AM
    @GrandMobile, bottom line what IMEI is on your account now, the iPhone or the keyone? And what is your "soc" code set to? iPhone or android?

Mine is set to K1 android and last night I noticed the LTE symbol. I got pretty good 30 down but like half a megabit upload.

Crap, I just tested again with LTE outside with 3/5 bars and I got 1 down and 2 up. WTH!!??

Need advice how to get this working. It definitely seems that seeing LTE alone does not necessarily mean you are getting it.
    06-18-17 09:35 AM
60 123