Hi,

I just purchased a KeyONE from Best Buy. I am an AT&T user and am having issues connecting to LTE. The signal bar read and my speed verifies that.

The sim status does show LTE.

I have verified my APN settings as per : https://apn.gishan.net/settings/1753...rry_keyone.php

They matched up. Just in case I created a new APN entry that matched that, no bueno.

This SIM has worked for the past year on AT&T, I was coming from an unlocked Motorola Z, and before that a HP Elite X3. It was original provisioned in an AT&T phone. I've seen suggestions of moving the SIM over to another AT&T branded phone and then moving it back.

When moved to another AT&T branded phone (AT&T branded Neuxs 6 belong to my girlfriend) I had LTE.

When she moved hers over to mine, she had no LTE.

I'm in the DC Metro area and have pretty good LTE support, I was in several locations today that also have good coverage.

I did a factory reset just in case as well.

Is there anyone here who might be able to provide some additional insight? I haven't contacted AT&T yet since the SIM seems to be ok and my APN settings are as well.

Thanks!

Brian
    06-02-17 06:46 PM
    I haven't contacted AT&T yet since the SIM seems to be ok and my APN settings are as well.
    Contact AT&T and make sure they update your IMEI.
    06-02-17 07:51 PM
    I am having the same problem. Moved BB Classic SIM card to new Keyone and, while the phone works, the APN settings (after an hour on the phone with AT&T) are not giving me ANY data access. Anyone else have this problem with Keyone on AT&T?
    rypien2clark likes this.
    06-06-17 01:01 PM
    I am having the same problem. Moved BB Classic SIM card to new Keyone and, while the phone works, the APN settings (after an hour on the phone with AT&T) are not giving me ANY data access. Anyone else have this problem with Keyone on AT&T?
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...e-1110427-new/
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...t-1110459-new/

Read those threads, the answers are in there but you'll likely need to call AT&T again and get someone with a brain or that will listen to you.
    stlabrat likes this.
    06-06-17 01:05 PM
    I just got my BB K1 yesterday. I took it to my ATT store and they switched the SIM from my old phone to the K1. I'm able to make/receive phone calls and send/receive text messages, but I can't use the internet. My "4G" symbol on the top of the phone is greyed out. I called ATT customer service and they couldn't figure it out in the initial troubleshooting, so they pushed my case and they told me a few minutes that they are still working on it and that hopefully it will be fixed today. They said that there are many other people that have called with this same problem.
    rypien2clark likes this.
    06-06-17 01:08 PM
    I am on cricketwireless and didn't need to change anything. Just popped my SIM card in from the Passport SE and got LTE off the bat. This is an att subsidiary.
    06-06-17 01:09 PM
    This is what I get. Anybody else gets this? AT&T is still working on it and they just told me that it might be a couple more days before they resolve this.
    Attached Thumbnails Help with KEYone on AT&T and LTE-20170606_180647.jpg  
    kleinpg and rypien2clark like this.
    06-06-17 05:16 PM
    I went to att and I told the rep what I have read on the boards.. He tried a few things nothing working so he did what I said:

1. Take my sim card out and put it in his work ATT branded phone
    2. Take sim card out
    3. Put sim card in my phone
    4. BOOM I got LTE

It's that simple.
    GrandMobile and stlabrat like this.
    06-06-17 07:28 PM
    But this is the internet, where enough people will deny reality and declare that it's nowhere NEAR that simple...
    jmr1015 likes this.
    06-06-17 07:32 PM
    Feel for you guys. Put my sim in and all has been working just fine out of the box. (Also in the D.C. metro area.) I do remember having slight issues with my OG Passport and having to go get a new sim.

Good luck in getting this worked out!
    06-06-17 07:36 PM
    Well I tried it, schockgenfinder. But no "BOOM". Thank you though.
    06-06-17 07:42 PM
    If you turn off your wi-fi the 4G symbol will light up right away. Don't know why it works that way, but you can't use data because the phone thinks it is hooked up to WiFi even if it didn't access a particular WiFi account. Give it a try and let us know.
    Johberry likes this.
    06-06-17 07:46 PM
    I'm thinking about buying on for my wife but this is giving me pause. I'll watch and see how many others report the same issue.
    06-06-17 07:57 PM
    JAL1, Trust me, I've tried that many times. I can turn off my WiFi and it still doesn't allow the 4G to come on. I think i've exhausted my options apart from waiting what ATT does with trouble ticket that I put in last night. Lepa79, I don't think this is the device's fault. I think this is a provider issue (ATT) and the fact that this is an unlocked phone. I do love this phone!!! The look is so sleek, Internet (on Wifi) is so fast!, I haven't had any issues with the phone being "lazy" or "slow", I love the keyboard. I have no regrets switching from Samsung Galaxy S. I'm not letting this issue with ATT take all of that away. BUY THE KEYONE!!!!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-06-17 08:08 PM
    Having no issues here in the DC area. I did switch from an OG Passport and I recall going through similar pains when I first put the SIM card into that. I do remember having to insert the SIM into a used att branded galaxy s4, and calling ATT (while the SIM was in that phone).
    06-06-17 09:02 PM
    Lepa79. I was able to fix my issue today (well, the ATT guys did). I was able to make calls and send text messages, but my internet was not working at all via data (only on wifi). Turns out that the problem was my wireless plan was not compatible with my K1. It sounded weird but that's what the tech guy said. He was able to get me a compatible wireless plan for my BB K1 and it turned out to be cheaper than the plan I had previously. Can't complain about that. Now I have full usage of my K1 and SUPER LOVING IT!!!
    06-07-17 05:07 PM
    I just took mine out my dtek 50 and threw it in my k1 and restarted 4g lte.
    06-07-17 05:27 PM
    From what I'm gathering is that you have to change the Imei associated with the Sim to one that gets LTE on the network. Then put that Sim into the KEYone. There's a process order that has to be followed.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-17 05:36 PM
    Lepa79. I was able to fix my issue today (well, the ATT guys did). I was able to make calls and send text messages, but my internet was not working at all via data (only on wifi). Turns out that the problem was my wireless plan was not compatible with my K1. It sounded weird but that's what the tech guy said. He was able to get me a compatible wireless plan for my BB K1 and it turned out to be cheaper than the plan I had previously. Can't complain about that. Now I have full usage of my K1 and SUPER LOVING IT!!!
    What plan did you end up on?
    06-08-17 06:23 AM
    Lepa79, It's unlimited calls, text, data compatible for BB. I got a bit of a discount because I'm in the Navy. But my monthly bill will be $84. I don't know if the plan itself has it's own name (if that's a thing). I just know that the tech guy was very helpful.
    Lepa79 likes this.
    06-08-17 07:17 AM
    When I spoke with them they told me they had not added the new IMEI number range yet but would. Mine is working they said because I just swapped Sims out of my ATT PRIV. Since it had already registered that EMEI number it works. When I went to switch the insurance the tech saw that and said for now he would leave it because if he changed it I would not get LTE until the numbers were added. So we left it and it is working
    Attached Thumbnails Help with KEYone on AT&T and LTE-5322.jpg  
    06-08-17 07:49 AM
    I'm on AT&T and have had no issues with LTE. My SIM Card is out of my Lumia 950, which was also in my LG G5, though.
    06-08-17 10:11 AM
    I just visited an AT&T store, they updated my IMEI, but refused to let me put my SIM in one of their display phones or personal phones. They said company policy does not allow it.

On my phone, I have a 4G symbol (lit up) and beneath it are two arrows. Can someone show me or tell me what a proper LTE connection is supposed to look like? And under carrier settings, do you see Enhanced LTE Services as being available?

Lastly, any other advice on how to get LTE on my phone?

Thanks
    06-09-17 11:10 AM
    I just visited an AT&T store, they updated my IMEI, but refused to let me put my SIM in one of their display phones or personal phones. They said company policy does not allow it.

On my phone, I have a 4G symbol (lit up) and beneath it are two arrows. Can someone show me or tell me what a proper LTE connection is supposed to look like? And under carrier settings, do you see Enhanced LTE Services as being available?

Lastly, any other advice on how to get LTE on my phone?

Thanks
    Where you see 4G, it will say 4G, and LTE directly under the 4G. Do you have another LTE capable phone where you can give them that IMEI?
    06-09-17 11:15 AM
    The IMEI went through in their system - and he confirmed it. You're saying I need to give them another phone's IMEI? It used to be the BlackBerry Classic, but taking that SIM and putting it in the K1 did not give me LTE.

The only other phone I have which I can put the SIM card into is an iPhone6s that used to be on AT&T and was unlocked and is now on Verizon. I don't think that counts as an AT&T branded phone to suffice for the others who say we just need to get the SIM validated in another phone.
    06-09-17 11:24 AM
60 123